What's new

MKA Tier List/Matchup Chart? I say do it!

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
How was he the worst ? Or you mean Armageddon version ?
MKA version. I don't think they changed him much between MKD and MKA.

Really, really unsafe character, and nothing really defining about him other than boss properties, which are a blessing and a curse.

Deyrax

Skarlet who ?
MKA version. I don't think they changed him much between MKD and MKA.

Really, really unsafe character, and nothing really defining about him other than boss properties, which are a blessing and a curse.
I don't know what you're talking about. I don't remember him much in Armageddon, but he was tough as hell to beat on max difficulty in Unchained. I also used cheats to play as him and he is awesome. He has like full screen low pokes, ground stomp, command grab that takes 20% , unblockable fire, fireball that can trigger you into the death trap, that dust move, combine that with projectile invincibility and reduced damage taken, also not being able to be thrown.
90% of the moves in those games are unsafe, so I don't see how is that really bad.

THTB

I don't know what you're talking about. I don't remember him much in Armageddon, but he was tough as hell to beat on max difficulty in Unchained. I also used cheats to play as him and he is awesome. He has like full screen low pokes, ground stomp, command grab that takes 20% , unblockable fire, fireball that can trigger you into the death trap, that dust move, combine that with projectile invincibility and reduced damage taken, also not being able to be thrown.
90% of the moves in those games are unsafe, so I don't see how is that really bad.
Yeah, as far as safety goes, that's not a big, big negative so long as you aren't getting destroyed for every thing that misses and the lack of safety pays off. The fire move is slow, though, and his stomp isn't safe on hit, from what I remember. The boss properties are great, but also bad, since boss block makes a bunch of things safe vs Onaga that otherwise wouldn't be, and the change in hit properties gives characters really, really good 50/50 games vs him as a result.

In the grand scheme of it all, his upsides don't really make for anything spectacular, not compared to, like Moloch or Blaze.

Deyrax

Skarlet who ?
Yeah, as far as safety goes, that's not a big, big negative so long as you aren't getting destroyed for every thing that misses and the lack of safety pays off. The fire move is slow, though, and his stomp isn't safe on hit, from what I remember. The boss properties are great, but also bad, since boss block makes a bunch of things safe vs Onaga that otherwise wouldn't be, and the change in hit properties gives characters really, really good 50/50 games vs him as a result.

In the grand scheme of it all, his upsides don't really make for anything spectacular, not compared to, like Moloch or Blaze.
I'm pretty sure stomp is safe, and he can do it after a combo to add some % to overall damage. Maybe in Armageddon yes, but I'm pretty sure in Unchained he had only one block animation for both high and low, so literally you couldn't open him up, not to mention he couldn't be launched. You even try d1 him with some fast d1 (like Smoke or Frost) and he will hit you out of your next d1 with his kicks. Dem kicks are fast and take like half of the screen, are low and do 10 damage on hit. Not to mention they can easily hit in a death trap. I don't see what Moloch or Blaze have over Onaga. Healing taunts ? LOL.
And about lack of safety, since bosses have damage reduction they can take more risks. Kinda like grapplers in SF.

THTB

I'm pretty sure stomp is safe, and he can do it after a combo to add some % to overall damage. Maybe in Armageddon yes, but I'm pretty sure in Unchained he had only one block animation for both high and low, so literally you couldn't open him up, not to mention he couldn't be launched. You even try d1 him with some fast d1 (like Smoke or Frost) and he will hit you out of your next d1 with his kicks. Dem kicks are fast and take like half of the screen, are low and do 10 damage on hit. Not to mention they can easily hit in a death trap. I don't see what Moloch or Blaze have over Onaga. Healing taunts ? LOL.
And about lack of safety, since bosses have damage reduction they can take more risks. Kinda like grapplers in SF.
Moloch has an infinite and his ball being unblockable is ridiculous up close. Blaze is a ridiculous turtle, and has the fastest taunt heal in the game, so he can safely do it at a bunch of spots on the screen. The damage reduction helps deal with how safe everyone becomes vs them somewhat, and how many characters gain ridiculous 50/50 loops.

Deyrax

Skarlet who ?
Moloch has an infinite and his ball being unblockable is ridiculous up close. Blaze is a ridiculous turtle, and has the fastest taunt heal in the game, so he can safely do it at a bunch of spots on the screen. The damage reduction helps deal with how safe everyone becomes vs them somewhat, and how many characters gain ridiculous 50/50 loops.
I know that Moloch has an infinite, dat 3 hit string.
But having an infinite is kinda like lulz when you have 3 breakers and a parry system. Not to mention, IIRC, bosses have greater gravity value.
Again healing taunts are punishable and Onaga has full screen punishers like stomp and dust. Also depends on the area size, doe.
It seems like everything was so bs in Armageddon, so that they fixed those things in Unchained, seeing how it came after it. None of the MKD infinites worked there, and the highest you could get was 50% with Jax and Tanya (maybe more with Scorpion and Liu Kang).
I mean, dem Kamidogues were like a blessing in a fight with Onaga. You literally had no chance winning without them unless you were Jax or Liu Kang on max difficulty.

THTB

I know that Moloch has an infinite, dat 3 hit string.
But having an infinite is kinda like lulz when you have 3 breakers and a parry system. Not to mention, IIRC, bosses have greater gravity value.
Again healing taunts are punishable and Onaga has full screen punishers like stomp and dust. Also depends on the area size, doe.
It seems like everything was so bs in Armageddon, so that they fixed those things in Unchained, seeing how it came after it. None of the MKD infinites worked there, and the highest you could get was 50% with Jax and Tanya (maybe more with Scorpion and Liu Kang).
I mean, dem Kamidogues were like a blessing in a fight with Onaga. You literally had no chance winning without them unless you were Jax or Liu Kang on max difficulty.
Yeah, but you only get 3 breakers. They didn't replenish the next round, either. Yeah, the healing taunts are punishable, but that depends on how far away and who you're using. Considering Blaze and Meat had the fastest heal taunts, it wasn't easy to always punish.

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
Didn't know anything about the game was fun to play with friends. A few questions how was Jax? Why was Sareena top tier? Did this game actually have competitive tourneys?

Deyrax

Skarlet who ?
Yeah, but you only get 3 breakers. They didn't replenish the next round, either. Yeah, the healing taunts are punishable, but that depends on how far away and who you're using. Considering Blaze and Meat had the fastest heal taunts, it wasn't easy to always punish.
This was nice to read and discuss. A necro bump that refreshes from all da Injustice talk and also brings back lots of memories. Thank you, based sir. #TYBTHTB

THTB

Didn't know anything about the game was fun to play with friends. A few questions how was Jax? Why was Sareena top tier? Did this game actually have competitive tourneys?
Jax was pretty low tier. Not a very strong zoning game, and okay normals and damage. His tonfa was the only one of its class to have 1 and 11 be a true free throw.

Sareena was top tier due to her knives creating a great zoning game for her that not much of the cast could really contest. She also had a great punisher in skull bash, and her weapon was pretty good as well, basically being a shorter version of Li Mei's (who had a phenomonal weapon for footsies and the best air combat set). The knives also gave her unbreakable damage, she had a magic throw off of it (you can throw your opponent if you throw at the same frame of a projectile connecting), and it could be used to advance on an opponent. She was also one of the few characters that could land a juggle midscreen from an aa weapon uppercut. She had a lot of good stuff.

THTB

OH, OH- TALK ABOUT NOOB NEXT! How was he? Was he broken? Did he do decent damage outside the corner? Was he broken? pls answer these questions.
Not broken...solid, though. Very good whiff punishing...without air canceling, he gets 50% off a jab. He can turtle well, and had an annoying d4 to poke with. He just sucks at mixing up an opponent since his only good low was d4, which wasn't much. Also, troll hammer being bad was such a troll lol.

RoGE

Noob
I want to see a KAK (kreate a kharacter) exhibition just for lol's. Yes I know it would be dumb as hell but it'd be fun to watch all the BS people use.