What's new

MKA Character Summaries

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Oh man IF only her ground stomp would juggle and be that fast in MK9 and her tele do as much % as in MKA.
Yea, definitely....if MK9 did NightWolf , Kano and Sheeva w/ weapon-extensions on their jabbing normals they both would have ranked in the mid tier and balanced the game more, in addition to Ground Stomp launching for a quick 40%. It's actually better than a mid since it launches low-blocking opponents, and of course because it is unblockable. In most instances, it sets an opponent right in front of her floating helplessly to be juggled, which is why spacing with her is important and she does best when played between 1/2-screen and close, however 1/2-screen to sweep distance are more optimal for comboing off Ground Stomp.

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
I think I have this for the xbox!

I'd like to see Liu Kang done early, if it's not too much to ask. My other main is already covered. (Reptile)

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Now you guys got me wanting to play Mka again. The characters I used the most were Tanya, mavado, kitana, sindel and Deagon.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Arez is pretty fuckin smart, people gotta give him credit instead of giving him shit!
Thank you, i appreciate that....yea, i just get alot of hate cuz I come off abrasive, but it's justified cuz that's just how I really am sometimes in person. Then again sometime in person I'm the "other guy people like" just like my moods vary for ya'll to see here and same IRL. By doing that, It's just easy to know who i will get along w/ in person by just being your real self online rather than pretending to be some super-nice Holier-than-thou dude and end up being some dick-eatin' douchebag when u meet them.

It's called being a Scorpio. I never met one who didn't go back and forth from nice to mean, but they almost always turn out to be good peeps - alot of them, thoroughbreds....also a little harder to be chill with cuz we tend to weed-out people more and feel our outgoingness tends to let us unintentionally pollute our circle of trust. It's those specific thing you see in me that push people away sometimes that we benefit from because of this.

In a similar manner that breeding animals will search and sense for physical or genetic deformities in a potential mate, it's kind of the same concept w/ people - but I search and sense for mental or emotional deformity rather. People that make me think they need a psychiatrist/Psychologist would be the non-gay equivalent of a Lion avoiding a Lioness w/ 6 legs and 3 tail in mating season lol :) This way i get to see who people really are, and I can tell who's keepin it real and who just blabbering vagina lips and lies and kid's games , etc

Nephrite

#Fujin4MK12BaseRoster
Mokap was like MK9 Johnny Cage but killed your quicker.
LOL!

::: ::: :::

I'm looking forward to Fujin & Kitana summaries, my two eternal favorites. I also loved Reiko in MKA (and MK4), where he had the most badass looking throw animation! :)

(And if there are any high-level clips feat. these characters, I'd love to see them.)

I only got interested in high-level stuff with MK2011, so it's very interesting for me now to read all this high level stuff about older MK games. I'm really curious about Fujin in MKA, I used to play kind of defensively with him, staying away and mostly relying on his specials, but I only played against the AI (forever a lone fighter lol). I remember using his dive kicks a lot vs Blaze to punish his rolls lol. :D

Lol, now I miss playing this game. Man, Jade was hella sexy back then, loved the Amazonian look. MKA also made me fall in love with Sektor, two great robo-designs and fun gameplay (it was so easy to juggle bosses with him). Awww...

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
If no one else gets Kang, I'll do him. Fujin and Kitana are pretty solid...Fujin you're playing pretty right on, and Kitana's FAN stance is great. Reiko is a little worse than them...relies on parries to get a lot of damage.

AREZ is one of the MKA players from back then...he definitely knows his shit in this game, as well as UMK3. :)

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
If no one else gets Kang, I'll do him. Fujin and Kitana are pretty solid...Fujin you're playing pretty right on, and Kitana's FAN stance is great. Reiko is a little worse than them...relies on parries to get a lot of damage.

AREZ is one of the MKA players from back then...he definitely knows his shit in this game, as well as UMK3. :)
Thanks Bro, it means more when top 10 players say that to me lol so coming from you that's quite a compliment. I'll take Kitana unless someone else wants to do her, I know Edwyn was really good w/ her too.

Nephrite - I'm pretty sure i can give you Reiko right now actually, but it's not condensed like the others. I'll post it on Page #1 then Dontay can decide if he wants to summarize it or leave it in detail, cuz u kind of need to know everyone's best damage, unbreakables and practicals aside from all we discussed in the thread so far.

Nephrite

#Fujin4MK12BaseRoster
Thanks for the Reiko breakdown AREZ! Btw, "cs" stands for "change stance", right?

Reiko is classed in the Low-Mid range due to his limited tools as well, however he is an extremly quick and unpredicatble character and can bang w/ the top characters when played smart. He only has a few good combos, but when put to good use, they really frustrate an opponent, triggering mistakes to be made. You can use his fast attacks in Yin Yueng to pressure , causing your opponent to block, which gives you the perfect opportunity to pummel them w/ his bad-ass throw.
:cool:

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
redeyes Fujin is really solid. He's mid tier, but he's definitely no slouch.

Sorry for not updating the summaries! But I've been pretty busy this weekend, but I'll be working on them on Monday.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
redeyes Fujin is really solid. He's mid tier, but he's definitely no slouch.

Sorry for not updating the summaries! But I've been pretty busy this weekend, but I'll be working on them on Monday.
lol same here...i just managed to pop it in now that my work is done and Walking Dead is over

RoGE

Noob
I've been testing some stuff and want to point out a few things about Kung Lao, feel free to correct any mistakes or add on to itonce I am done with the writeup. I am really tired ATM, so I'll probably post it tomorrow, it's more like a guide than a summary.

Edit: Also should point out that Sub's alternate outfit has better hitboxes on his normals or something, I think I remember Check showing a video on this.