What's new

MKA - 2020 Revival!

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Yes. MKA was a busted, jank ass game. But dammit did I have so much fun with it! And I know others did as well. If you didn't know, PS2 netplay is still possible in 2020 for games that run on GameSpy servers, thanks to OpenSpy. Getting it set up is simple.

Set up your PS2's saved network configuration to use the following DNS servers as the primary and secondary servers, respectively: 45.7.228.197 and 67.249.158.107

Afterwards, create a login, and you're good. We're playing on NTSC-U PS2 copies, and PCSX2 netplay should work as well.

Let's have some fun!

@DanCock @M2Dave @MKF30 @B W1zZ

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
I dont think this will work for me because I have the premium disc, right? I'd have to play on PCSX2

THTB

BurritoVoorhees and I just played a long set of MKA. I forgot how jank the online is LOL! How tf did we play in that shit???

The netplay feels a whole lot better than back in the day, due to better internet. Aside from a few of the goofy 3D MK netplay stuff, it was generally really smooth.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
BurritoVoorhees and I just played a long set of MKA. I forgot how jank the online is LOL! How tf did we play in that shit???

The netplay feels a whole lot better than back in the day, due to better internet. Aside from a few of the goofy 3D MK netplay stuff, it was generally really smooth.
Did you guys play on the PS2 or PCSX2?

THTB

@B W1zZ and I tested out PS2 to PC. Couldn't get it to connect well, but I'm fairly sure it was due to the driver we initially used. We switched to a different one and did PC vs PC, and it ran fine.