What's new

MK9V: Report bugs/glitches

Very small graphic booboo on the 3rd challenge in the new tower. You play as Shao Kahn and are supposed to do his fatality, :r:l:r:l:fk. Except it only shows :r:l:r:l, no button . So I thought it was just a fatality with directional inputs. After almost ripping my hair out trying and failing a bunch of tries, I thought it was a glitch and tried doing with the buttons, and X (FK) worked. I'm not sure if this was just happening to me, but I exited to the main menu and went back to the challenge, and it still didn't appear.

This is something pretty small, so maybe the mods can make this thread just for Vita-specific bugs.

Damn, I'm an idiot. Yes that works, too. So it seems all finishing moves work now as swipes if you do the direction inputs as swipes, and leave off the last button press.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
MK Vita = MK9 1.06 beta test. Imagine if this patch/hotfix hit consoles right now Sindel and Jade players would not be very joyous.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
What if the real change to Sindel and Jade should've been damage increase and not decrease? How awesome would that be?

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Jades 23f2,b32,f212 have a bug like Sindels b1 string in the Vita version where any follow ups get scaled down to 1% or 0%. It is a bug.

Delriach

Sindelly
I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case.
I wouldn't complain but I don't think she needs a damage increase. It would be nice if the damage scaling off her back 1 went back to what it used to be before it was patched for consoles last year. It wasn't as severe as this glitched one but it still sucked.

Oh and they should fix that damn levitate glitch that prevents her from throwing fireballs randomly.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
could any vita users do me the favor of checking out has baraka been hit by this damage scale bug? mileena also :)

I noticed a few times already that when you hide your character/s on the character select screen, the ones you actually picked show in the versus screen. In the console versions, it showed on the versus screen who the last person the cursor was on before you changed to the hidden cursor. On the Vita, the versus screen shows who you picked.

Several times I've blasted other characters out of the corner screen and then had to go to player select to fix it. Not sure what move it was, Nightwolf's shoulder, most likely. This happened in Khan's arena once, and in Shang Tsung's Garden (night)

Full Boat, it always shows whoever you pick with the hidden cursor. I've noticed that too, online. Maybe its intentional, or they just forgot.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Shang Tsung has a 1% damage buff on his ground skull combos pending that you land 2 or more Ground Skulls.

styroteqe

Space Jockey
Several times I've blasted other characters out of the corner screen and then had to go to player select to fix it. Not sure what move it was, Nightwolf's shoulder, most likely. This happened in Khan's arena once, and in Shang Tsung's Garden (night)

Full Boat, it always shows whoever you pick with the hidden cursor. I've noticed that too, online. Maybe its intentional, or they just forgot.
I don't ever see who gets picked by Hidden Cursor (if my opponent does it). You do see them on the VS screen obviously, but I haven't seen that bug yet, so assuming it isn't something done intentionally. Also, can't find yer profile on PSN.

I don't ever see who gets picked by Hidden Cursor (if my opponent does it). You do see them on the VS screen obviously, but I haven't seen that bug yet, so assuming it isn't something done intentionally. Also, can't find yer profile on PSN.
Yeah I meant the vs screen.

As for the bug I mentioned, I stopped playing around with nightwolf for now, but I can achieve the same effect with the ex red kick if I do it on wakeup. Sometimes the screen takes time to zoom out to show where the other character flew off to. I'm sure it happens with other push moves too, like maybe Jax's punch

ShadyHeart

Relationship with Sonya ended
Can someone tell me if these scaling issues were fixed?
Was looking forward to using sindel and jade. :/

Hey guys, I'm new to testyourmight, but I'm a longtime fan of the series and I just got a Vita with MK9.

I noticed a few odd things in my Vita Version, and I was wondering if any of you have noticed them as well.

1) First, I noticed that in Arcade Ladder mode, Sonya's intro ("I guess I'll have to do this the hard way!!") is cut short when the player uses her, as in, she doesn't get to finish saying her piece before the game cuts away to the opponent's intro as he/she enters on the right side of the screen. The word "way" is slightly cut off. I don't know if other characters' intros are similarly affected.

2) Also, I came across a weird thing that happens after I watch any character's ending in the Nekropolis menu. Everything is normal when I go into the Nekropolis, but after the ending movie ends the game massively speeds upon returning to the Nekropolis. As in, the frame rate is increased a lot (you can easily tell because the blood waterfall in front of the characters is moving really fast). This only happens after watching an ending movie in the Nekropolis.

Can some of you guys check on these two things and see if you come across the same issues? I'm wondering if it's just my particular Vita or MK9 copy that's fouled up. I would appreciate it if somebody followed up on this.

PS. I did notice the glitch with Jade's 23F2 combo...there's hardly any damage after it. On the Xbox 360 I like to either buffer into the double Shadow Kick or the Staff Grab. You can still do 'em, but they don't add damage on the Vita. What's the Sindel combo that suffers similar damage loss?