What's new

MK9 *REMOVED* From Steam. UPDATE: PS3 Servers *REMOVED*

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
lol Who spread that rumor that the Xbox servers shut down years ago then? LMAO....

NSR

Also known as Futuretime23
https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2020/mar/22/mortal-kombat-2011-no-longer-available-download-digitally-xbox-360-and-steam-online-multiplayer-servers-shutting-down-ps3/
"Mortal Kombat 9 is no longer available to purchase digitally on Xbox 360 and Steam though while the Komplete Edition on PlayStation 3 can still be bought, the original base game can no longer be found.
No official word has come out as to why MK9 can no longer be purchased outside of PS3 and Vita though the Steam page for Komplete Edition notes the game was removed from sale at the request of the publisher — Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment."

Rip 360 MK9

i don’t want to believe that NRS is salty about their fanbase wanting MK9 more than their latest release.

Nah, NRS can’t be that salty.. instead they probably embrace the idea that their fanbase preferences to a much older game, MK9 and re-release or remake it. Cmon NRS yall can do it, do it for the fans xD

craftycheese

I tried to throw a yo-yo away. It was impossible.
hmmm .... maybe something due copyright expired stuff related, or perhaps some major surprise to come out ? :confused:
Correction: That's WB who asked them, not NRS. Most likely because of copyright expired.
If character copyrights were the reason it's being removed, then the mobile game would probably have to be removed too as it also has Freddy in it.

My guess is tt's maybe related to that game's online, since gamespy is no longer a thing, or a remaster of MK9 is coming

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
If character copyrights were the reason it's being removed, then the mobile game would probably have to be removed too as it also has Freddy in it.

My guess is tt's maybe related to that game's online, since gamespy is no longer a thing, or a remaster of MK9 is coming
A remaster is extremely unlikely though, they would have to change a lot of things for it to be done, not just the netcode. It's probably just because the network changes that WB were talking about, which made them ask the stores to remove it.

i don’t want to believe that NRS is salty about their fanbase wanting MK9 more than their latest release.

Nah, NRS can’t be that salty.. instead they probably embrace the idea that their fanbase preferences to a much older game, MK9 and re-release or remake it. Cmon NRS yall can do it, do it for the fans xD
You're deluding yourself. The majority of the fan base DOES NOT prefer a much older game. Don't let the poll that MKF30 made to fool you. As I've said before, the rest of the world exists outside of the internet, just like the rest of the fan base exists outside of the internet and TYM. Just look no further then MKX and MK11, both that got more sales then MK9, on top of the fact that IIRC, someone from the community actually manage to do the changes to MK9 on his own (can't remember who) and yet almost no one wanted to go back to MK9. Only MKX and MK11 are being played constantly right now, even before WB asked the online stores to remove MK9.

All you do is just talk, just like the rest the MK9 hypocrites are all just talk.

The fan base want MKX and MK11, PERIOD.

Last edited:
While the game no longer seems available on Steam or the Xbox Store, it does seem to be available on the PlayStation Store.

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
on top of the fact that IIRC, someone from the community actually manage to do the changes to MK9 on his own (can't remember who) and yet almost no one WANTED to go back to MK9.
NSR was the one that altered the game. I think it was awesome to be able to do that and probably made the game better.

More people, like myself, would've gotten into it if it was on console instead of PC, you didn't have patch it yourself, work out whatever online system you had to use (if it was even possible to play online, don't remember), etc.

You're deluding yourself. The majority of the fan base DOES NOT prefer a much older game. Don't let the poll that MKF30 made to fool you. As I've said before, the rest of the world exists outside of the internet, just like the rest of the fan base exists outside of the internet and TYM. Just look no further then MKX and MK11, both that got more sales then MK9, on top of the fact that IIRC, someone from the community actually manage to do the changes to MK9 on his own (can't remember who) and yet almost no one wanted to go back to MK9. Only MKX and MK11 are being played constantly right now, even before WB asked the online stores to remove MK9.

All you do is just talk, just like the rest the MK9 hypocrites are all just talk.

The fan base want MKX and MK11, PERIOD.
what is your problem? Can’t get your head around the fact the a majority still likes MK9? Hypocrites my ass, i just like MK9, and yes a lot more than mkx or mk11. No need to call me a hypocrite for that. your actually more of a hypocrite with those ignorant comments of yours.

MKF30

As much as I'd love to jump on the bandwagon of people thinking this is because of an MK9 remake, it's just simply not the case. NRS has their hands full currently with MK11 and likely Injustice 3. Unless they're outsourcing it, it's probably not happening.

Obviously, I'd love to be wrong. I would play the original version of MK9 over the boring slog that in MK11 any day, let alone a remaster with updated graphics and netcode.
For now sure, but few years from now, 5 years, 10 who knows...

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
what is your problem? Can’t get your head around the fact the a majority still likes MK9? Hypocrites my ass, i just like MK9, and yes a lot more than mkx or mk11. No need to call me a hypocrite for that. your actually more of a hypocrite with those ignorant comments of yours.
I've tried seeing things his way in a number of threads but quite frankly i couldn't stop from bumping into things with my head that far up my ass :)

Roy Arkon

Calling me a hypocrite and calling my comments ignorant without any points to back it up. I at least come up with actual points like the sales, current player-bases and fixes that were brought to MK9. All you do is just screaming MAJORITY with no actual proof (and I've already debunked the poll as well too, so you can't use that).

You can prefer any game you want, but at least you have to be realistic about the situation. You're only making yourself look worse.

I've tried seeing things his way in a number of threads but quite frankly i couldn't stop from bumping into things with my head that far up my ass :)
Too bad that you can't comprehend what I'm saying, because anyone with common sense can. Not my problem. :)

Last edited:

Roy Arkon

NSR was the one that altered the game. I think it was awesome to be able to do that and probably made the game better.

More people, like myself, would've gotten into it if it was on console instead of PC, you didn't have patch it yourself, work out whatever online system you had to use (if it was even possible to play online, don't remember), etc.
So it was a PC only patch? Didn't know that. And yeah, I get the PC only thing regarding what people want, but then again if the people who are screaming for MK9 do really prefer MK9 as much, they would've keep playing it regardless on all platforms.

Anyway, thanks for the info. :)

Last edited:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
It wouldn’t make sense to remove the game from anything for a “remaster” without some sort of announcement. That said, NRS doesn’t have the best record of being great at communication. In fact, it’s one of their worst attributes. So who really knows? There’s also been rumors about the classic MK games being re-released or remastered for years now. Even after the original HD Kollection was canned.

Also, tbh, imo it wouldn’t make much sense to do an MK9 remaster before a classic MK (UMK3, MKT, MK2, etc) remaster (or re-release with improved netcode).

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Calling me a hypocrite and calling my comments ignorant without any points to back it up. I at least come up with actual points like the sales, current player-bases and fixes that were brought to MK9. All you do is just screaming MAJORITY with no actual proof (and I've already debunked the poll as well too, so you can't use that).

You can prefer any game you want, but at least you have to be realistic about the situation. You're only making yourself look worse.

Too bad that you can't comprehend what I'm saying, because anyone with common sense can. Not my problem. :)
There you go AGAIN putting words in other people's mouths. I'll tell you what you can put in YOURS............

Roy Arkon

There you go AGAIN putting words in other people's mouths. I'll tell you what you can put in YOURS............
Yeah, and that is putting the response to you that you only keep derailing the thread with insults that come out of your mouth that have no purpose to the actual topic of the thread.

Whatever dude, not talking to you any longer.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Yeah, and that is putting the response to you that you only keep derailing the thread with insults that come out of your mouth that have no purpose to the actual topic of the thread.

Whatever dude, not talking to you any longer.
Have you ever actually listened to youself talk?

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Don't mind him, this guy is just a total nutcase
I don't lol i stopped taking him seriously after wasting 20 minutes reading his Stephen King novel-post about how Tom Brady ignored his comment in a stream and it ruined his marriage, left him unable to have children and caused him to have a club-foot that he eventually used to fly and become the world's #1 superhero, Captain Hindsight. Now he watches over us all wearing a helmet and water-wings and has to shower after he eats pancakes because the syrup makes him feel "dirty" ;)

MKF30

NRS definitely needs work on their communication but still better than Capcom lol

FIGHTN0W

Now it's my turn
I don't get it... Does PS3 Online still work? I remember last time checking there were around 50+ people in the rooms, it was like couple months ago. I don't have PS3 atm.