What's new

MK9 *REMOVED* From Steam. UPDATE: PS3 Servers *REMOVED*

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
I don't get it... Does PS3 Online still work? I remember last time checking there were around 50+ people in the rooms, it was like couple months ago. I don't have PS3 atm.
No, the PS3 servers are down. Confirmed by WB themselves.

Last edited:

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
So WB doesn't own the rights to Freddy Kruger anymore and is now owned by Wes Craven but it's not like he owns the entire game and the people playing already paid for it so what's the problem? This isn't making any sense to me.

Legal issues playing it online, is Wes's estate going to fucking sue people for playing it offline? Somebody please explain this idiotic nonsense

Last edited:
So WB doesn't own the rights to Freddy Kruger anymore and is now owned by Wes Craven but it's not like he owns the entire game and the people playing already paid for it so what's the problem?
That's true. Really it should only stop new buyers, and if they were smart about it, just remove that DLC so there's no more rights infringement. But as mentioned above, as simple as it may be, it's probably easier just removing it from the platform.

Digital has a lot of benefits, but this is by far the biggest downside of a post physical media world.

Digital has a lot of benefits, but this is by far the biggest downside of a post physical media world.
In what sense though?

The game was indeed released via retail as it's primary medium back in 2011 and 2012. Only the PC version in 2013 was, I believe, digital only (with boxed copies simply having a Steam download token inside).

At last check, the game can still be bought for PlayStation 3 via the PlayStation Store, and anyone who owns the Xbox 360 digital version or Steam version can still download it since it's tied to their account. Not sure about digital for the PlayStation Vita though.

Online servers used to get shut down back in the day as well once the player base was deemed small enough for long enough so companies could save costs, but physical or digital copy, all offline modes still work, to my knowledge. People can still buy used copies of the game as well.

The only issue I see is that for those not buying the "Komplete Edition" on Xbox 360, I'm not certain if their game will still be patched up or not.