What's new

MK9 Quan Chi Discussion

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
Okay, just so I don't have to see anything else Kratos related. I'd like to talk about our very own powder white bald guy Quan Chi.

I'm gonna throw out a few questions about him to get us started, then you guys can feel free to drift off into any Quan discussion you like.

1. How would you want him too look (attire wise)?

2. What special attacks would you like him too have?

3. Do you prefer him with or without the ancient markings he placed on his body for resurrecting the mummified army of the dragon king?

NOTE: He hopefully will not have the markings on his body considering he didn't get them till Deadly Alliance.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Specials: Green Skull

Fatality: The return of the Leg Rip Beatdown from MK4. My favorite fatality of all time.

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
Since you brought up fatalities you brought back a fear.... Lol what if they bring back the giraffe fatality? lmao

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I'll try him out but have no intentions on maining him. I do think he's the cooler sorcerer though.

I want him to look like MK DA but updated and/or that gritty concept render released on youtube. With his MK4 attire as alternate.

Moves wise, all his classic MK4 moves

He should have some tattoos on his body but not all the ones he got from MK DA on.

Neclord

Noob
I will try him out but out of the Sorcerers, I prefer Shang Tsung. He was my main in Deadly Alliance.

1. How would you want him too look (attire wise)?
- The look from MK4 would be cool. Much better than the look he had in Deadly Alliance or Deception.

2. What special attacks would you like him too have?
- The Green Skull.

3. Do you prefer him with or without the ancient markings he placed on his body for resurrecting the mummified army of the dragon king?
- I don't really care. :D

Xyero

Noob
Teleport and electric fly mix up with teleport and uppercut.

Teleporting to avoid damage is more important then doing more damage, fight is all about patience.

BTW Rel what is your opinion about Quan?

(Just wanna confirm the strategy guide tier list is BSing his ranking lol)

Fenixy

Noob
tryed a few BnBs combos, while buffed his damage is insane.I dont think he is a crap tier, mabye low tier but not a crap. If only his Skeletal boost was faster\ more safe , so he culd cast it on enemy knock down , or if he culd do it after tranceyou trade your damage for a boost, i think it wuld be fair) then he wuld be strong.But for now only safe way to do it ,it's actualy only after launcher... risk reward character , and reward is not realy good :invisible:

I$AAC

Noob
Ok I finally had a full day to try out Quan Chi. Yes he indeed takes work to use but he's not as bad as the guide puts him out to be. He's mid to low mid at worst. All his specials are decent. Here are some combos I've found:

Jump in punch b+21, dash b+21, dash b+11 or 21, trance, and end with either 214, 11 telestomp, 21 skull, 112, or 21 xray. The xray combo will take off 51%

You can cancel 112, b+11, b+33, and u+3 with trance for a free combo.

I'll post some more things when I'm at my own pc and not on an iPad

KingRey

Noob
Jump in +1, b+2,1 dash in b+2,1 dash in 2,1,trance Jump in +1,2,1,x-ray (53%)

If you do the damage boost before starting this combo you will get (71%)

nageki

Noob
i would say solid mid at the worst. all of his low and medium strings are something taht alot of char's dont have. deciding facter seems to be how safe his strings are

any one find out how good ( or bad) his skull is?