What's new

MK9, MKX, MK11 Trilogy!

Just had this idea today... What would y'all think about a "MK Trilogy" version of these three games? I saw a lot of people watched the newest Boon interviews on GameInformer and it seems like he wants to venture out and try something new (and deservedly!)

So BEFORE they do that, what would y'all feel about a purely character only trilogy game, Includes full roster and dlc characters from all three games (maybe not guest characters though)... No story mode, no krypt, just one on in matches and towers. Would be cool for tournaments, etc.

They'd probably have to limit each character to one standard variation though like in MK9.

Just a thought... Also fairly drunkish right now so this might be a terrible idea when I read it later

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
I'm all for turning MK11 into an on-going "service" (I'm sorry, I know that's a bad word) which continues to get support and have DLC added to it, more characters, more stages, more gear and skins, maybe even more story chapters as more characters are added. Until the final product has become a "Trilogy" game.

That would be Boon's last MK outing, if it were to come about... At least for a decade or so.

It'd make a nice swan song for the series before its hiatus / hibernation. It would have to have an Armageddon-sized roster, though... And I doubt Warner could let a cash cow ruminate for that long, anyway.

Great idea. Here’s all the characters (correct me if I’m wrong, there are 48)

1. Scorpion
  2. Sub Zero
  3. Reptile
  4. Rain
  5. Ermac
  6. Noob Saibot
  7. Tremor
  8. Raiden
  9. Lui Kang
  10. Kung Lao
  11. Johnny Cage
  12. Sonya Blade
  13. Kenshi
  14. Kano
  15. Jax
  16. Baraka
  17. Mileena
  18. Kitana
  19. Jade
  20. Skarlet
  21. Tanya
  22. Goro
  23. Sheeva
  24. Kintaro
  25. Cyrax
  26. Sektor
  27. Smoke
  28. Cyber Sub Zero
  29. Frost
  30. Bo Rai Cho
  31. Nightwolf
  32. Stryker
  33. Kabal
  34. Sindel
  35. Shang Tsung
  36. Shao Kahn
  37. Erron Black
  38. Ferra/Torr
  39. D’Vorah
  40. Cassie Cage
  41. Jacqui Briggs
  42. Takeda
  43. Kung Jin
  44. Shinnok
  45. Cetrion
  46. Geras
  47. Quan Chi
  48. Kotal Kahn
The number would rise to 53 or 59 depending on how many MK characters are included as DLC with MK 11, but that would still be less than the 62 included in Armageddon. Some characters I think would be worth while:

Sareena
Nitara
Mavado
Reiko
Havik
Drahmin
Li Mei
Meat (only as a skin option for every character)

Last edited:

Pizza

Thrill Kill
I like your idea, and this should happen at some point.

I mean, it's not like asking for Sub-Zero Mythologies 2. This MK dream team is a money maker.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
I'd keep it just to characters released through MK9-X-11. No extra characters, unless DLC is on the table.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
That's exactly the kind of thing I think this last great big announcement will lead to.
A never before done in MK year two expansion, complete with new Story chapters and the final forever ending.

I really really wanna be right.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
That would be cool. MKT was that of the 2d era, MKA was that of the 3d era, so maybe before they give the series a big break or something they could give us one more MK game with everybody from MK9/X/11.

Makes me wonder how they would handle Triborg though, I guess just not include him since all the other borgs would be there.

Zev

Cages_Shades from MKO
I'm all for turning MK11 into an on-going "service" (I'm sorry, I know that's a bad word) which continues to get support and have DLC added to it, more characters, more stages, more gear and skins, maybe even more story chapters as more characters are added. Until the final product has become a "Trilogy" game.
ya I'd rather them just add more character, modes, and general content to mk11 than make another new game. Maybe eventually get Armageddon 2.0 type roster in mk11. Would allow Boon and NRS to make other games in other genres, while keeping mk alive as their fighter game for years to come.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
ya I'd rather them just add more character, modes, and general content to mk11 than make another new game. Maybe eventually get Armageddon 2.0 type roster in mk11. Would allow Boon and NRS to make other games in other genres, while keeping mk alive as their fighter game for years to come.
Yeah I want MK11 to be extended for at least 4 years. The graphics upgrade from X to 11 is perfect and I can't imagine 12 being that much of a step forward unless they wait for next gen and UE5.
"Boon" was talking about this in that interview, said:
They could extend MK11s support much longer than X had and they have the resources to take a break. So I think MK11 could last at least 4 maybe 5 years before MK12 (preferably 5 or 6) and hopefully 3 or 4 before the next Injustice.
If they stick with this game and add ongoing support we could have the greatest MK ever if not already.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
yeah, it's time for something like that .... all MK9, MKX and MK11 all mixed together, but using purely MK11 gameplay mechanics, so, they could release all characters along time as DLC (Takeda, Ferra/Tor, Kenshi, Reptile, Ermac, etc) ported onto MK11, having/using MK11 mechanics and variations

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Great idea. Here’s all the characters (correct me if I’m wrong, there are 48)

1. Scorpion
  2. Sub Zero
  3. Reptile
  4. Rain
  5. Ermac
  6. Noob Saibot
  7. Tremor
  8. Raiden
  9. Lui Kang
  10. Kung Lao
  11. Johnny Cage
  12. Sonya Blade
  13. Kenshi
  14. Kano
  15. Jax
  16. Baraka
  17. Mileena
  18. Kitana
  19. Jade
  20. Skarlet
  21. Tanya
  22. Goro
  23. Sheeva
  24. Kintaro
  25. Cyrax
  26. Sektor
  27. Smoke
  28. Cyber Sub Zero
  29. Frost
  30. Bo Rai Cho
  31. Nightwolf
  32. Stryker
  33. Kabal
  34. Sindel
  35. Shang Tsung
  36. Shao Kahn
  37. Erron Black
  38. Ferra/Torr
  39. D’Vorah
  40. Cassie Cage
  41. Jacqui Briggs
  42. Takeda
  43. Kung Jin
  44. Shinnok
  45. Cetrion
  46. Geras
  47. Quan Chi
  48. Kotal Kahn
The number would rise to 53 or 59 depending on how many MK characters are included as DLC with MK 11, but that would still be less than the 62 included in Armageddon. Some characters I think would be worth while:

Sareena
Nitara
Mavado
Reiko
Havik
Drahmin
Li Mei
Meat (only as a skin option for every character)
I find it odd that you'd include any of those characters as DLC before someone like Fujin.