What's new

MK9 Kratos Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter

All I have to say is at least... out of anyone they could have picked... Kratos is certainly fitting in the MK world.

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
heh, heh, everyone here is going to hate him, bit I'll try to start a interesting discussion

Gameplay wise, he'll obviously be using his chains for maybe a more distance oriented game. As far as the specials are concerned he may use his "items" as special moves.

Like helios's head to blind enemies perhaps not unlike sub-zero. His sun god bow for a projectile. I'm assuming he'll be good at a distance

Just a guess

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Wow he looks sick...

I'm nerding out here. I'm sorry, but that shit was awesome!

But wait... Since this is real after all...

X-Box will get that stupid midet pussycat? I'm sorry, but thats the ultimate troll. How are you gonna give PS3 chocolate cake, and X-Box dog shit? lol

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
its not awesome at all. Sure he fits. in God of War games.

The MIDWAY is shining through in NetherRealm.
It is awesome, you're just a hater... HATER!

You know whats not awesome? That pussycat on X-Box...

Its not going to affect the story mode, so its basically just a character for people to nerd out with. Thats fine, if you don't want to use him don't. Were banning him in competitive tournaments anyway.

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
It is awesome, you're just a hater... HATER!

You know whats not awesome? That pussycat on X-Box...
Isn't blinx just a joke? If they're going to add a guest character, might as well add someone who is a big face and will bring in $$.

Who knows who blinx is...besides me?

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Isn't blinx just a joke? If they're going to add a guest character, might as well add someone who is a big face and will bring in $$.

Who knows who blinx is...besides me?
I hope it is... But the thought is still scary... lol

Momotaro

Noob
I'm still suprised that people even remember Blinx.

Kratos is gonna be banned in tournaments anyway so I see no real reason to use him.

Nothing is gonna stop MK9 from being the next big thing in competitive FGs. Not even Kratos.

It hurts, but we have to look over it.

All I have to say is at least... out of anyone they could have picked... Kratos is certainly fitting in the MK world.
at the end of this video it says mortal kombat does brutality
it goes quickly but its there maybe a hint towads brutalities which would fit with what we heard in the leak
i took a screenshot

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Because it's a console exclusive, thus (approx.) half the playing audience won't have a chance to get experience against him so he's banned from tournament play.
yea just thought of that was about to edit.. however, cant he end up on both systems? like how SC4 star wars characters ended up on both?

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
Bone, if Blinx is xbox exclusive I'd literally shit my pants.. If they fuck over the 360 fans I know quite a few people that would write the game off right there.. I'd much rather just have our exclusive spot replaced by an actual mortal kombat character. so we get 27 :D. That would make me happy.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Bone, if Blinx is xbox exclusive I'd literally shit my pants.. If they fuck over the 360 fans I know quite a few people that would write the game off right there.. I'd much rather just have our exclusive spot replaced by an actual mortal kombat character. so we get 27 :D. That would make me happy.
I agree.

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
But....I can't afford an xbox :(
Sell your ps3 lol. Nah, save up some money. Like every pay check put like 20-30 bucks aside and keep it locked up so you aren't tempted to spend it. Then you would be able to get a 360 in a couple months lol.

I have both systems... I still don't want blinx... lol
Shit, neither do I lol. I'm gonna quote a post I wrote in another thread on another forum that will hopefully explain the split mk universe on the Kratos addition as to why exactly people think its a bad thing. I'm not calling out anyone here, but I know a few people would question the decisions lol.

This is the fasted anybody has ever had a character banned from tournament play. Kratos shows up and I already know he's banned.. Ps3 exclusive means half of the mk supports will not be able to play as him and gain experience therefore the ones that do have an unfair advantage which equals banned :D.

As far as him being in the game. I have no choice but to accept it. As much as I love Kratos and God of War. This wasn't his time to join the roster. This is taking mk back to its roots and Kratos, as well as all guest characters should be absent. Didn't know Kratos was a part of their roots. Being a part of the story or not, this could have waited till mk10. I'm damn happy the 360 version is so far free of guest characters.

Everyone thats arguing about peoples complaints its simple. Those people are MK purists. Also Considering we were lied to from the very beginning is a little frustrating. I remember hearing right from Boons lips "we aren't gonna do any exclusive content. We want the people to have an equal experience". What happened Boon? Seriously, Having him on the game is just a giant fucking laceration in the "back to the roots" and "love letter to the fans" feel. It no longer feels like it's going back too its roots. No longer feels like its for the fans.. Considering all the hate this reveal has gotten they did the exact OPPOSITE of what the fans wanted That's why people are upset. We were all deceived. The people that don't want him won't play as him, but that doesn't stop the eyesore of him being a part of what used to be a pure mk game.

I'm an mk purist and mkvsdcu proved that having anything other then mk in an mk game turns it into an mk nightmare. Kratos may be banned from tournament play, but that will not stop him from appearing on playstation network. Chances are he'll be broken and the character that all the cheaters and move spammers use. He'll probably have infinites because I honestly doubt the mk team spent as much time on him as they have on the actual mk characters.

Mk needs to be the selling point for mk. You need mk to sell an mk centric game. If they advertise a character that isn't from the mk universe, its without a doubt showing that the mk team thinks Kratos and the God of War series better then his 18 years of work. That's pretty fucked up. With all that said. I'm a 360 owner so I won't have to deal with Kratos. I honestly being an mk purist would prefer him not being there and both games being equal. It is what it is however, and he's in. I just hope he isn't broken for the ps3 owners. Anyway, Kratos, Ryu Hayabusa, and a very limited amount of characters I believe would fit the mk game. Come to think of it I played the hell out of Spawn in soul calibur lol. A lot of people are just disappointed and scared because of this new development. After all of the turds they've thrown at the community adding another guest character reminds people to much of mkvsdcu and they along with myself are afraid that putting in the time and effort to add a guest character into the game could of been better spent on more important things. Like for one I still see absolutely NO corner pushback.
If we do wind up with Blinx he better be overpowered so he pwns what Kratos does in the ps3 version lol. The Blinx you've never seen before :p Super Evil Blinx. Blood is his Bloodsport. lol idk wtf i'm talkin bout anymore.. Shoot me

McNasty

Moist.
so raiden sent a message to himself telling the past that there was a game out for ps3 that had this guy named kratos in it and he would bring in lots and lots of money from fanboys that are too young for any nostalgic mortal kombat? Maybe im being brash but fuck the mortal kombat team and their horseshit lies. oh and ps thanks for saving me 50 dollars from buying this game, emulation from 1996 is much cheaper and more entertaining anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.