What's new

Match Footage MK9 - Klash of Kombatants - CrazyBread (Kitana) vs Mortal_Cage (Johnny Cage)

CrazyBread

Princess Diana
This thread was made for all the Kitana, Jax, and Johnny Cage players. My brother Mortal_Cage and I decided to make a fun little mock tournament, which is why the video looks the way it does, based on offline casuals.

Just to show and ask about your thoughts on our gameplay. Because I have recently gotten my pad and converter in the mail, (we've never even versed each other before. Just watched one another train and give each other advice) I don't think we will be playing online anymore. Honestly, we're getting very frustrated with the lag (we both play based on reads at the EXACT moment and that doesn't help online) with the dropped inputs and the constant frame skips.

I kindly ask that you watch the entire video because we really would like your criticism, good or bad. If we are free than say we are free, just please explain why we are, so we can make something positive of the info and hit the lab. Don't worry we can take it. ;) My brother and I focus highly on fundamentals (praying to the Elder Gods we have them), and I also focus on frame data to a high extent. He doesn't quite understand it much, the only thing he knows is that Cage gets a free f33 off a d3 that connects.

I guess you can say we did this to kind of put ourselves out there, but it's also all in good fun. Thanks in advance for taking the time to hear us out.

Basically for people that have helped out in the past, some of you may care, others might not give a damn.
RunwayMafia
STB Chongo
Espio
Wemfs
GamerBlake90
xKhaoTikx
GGA 16 Bit
GGA Dizzy
Srryimwhte
NKZero
Ghostface777o0o

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Your Kitana is not free at all. I really like your pokes...d3, d1, into 21 or F21... You have good movement...I like the back and forth walking.

Espio

Kokomo
I haven't been on TYM at all today, so I just got the alert lol.

Some of my advice is to watch your spacing on fan zoning because he was able to tag you with a back 3 quite a few times.

I like that you're incorporating Kitana's back 3, 3 and that whiff punish with ex cutter to end the match was really cool :D.

Your brother's corner combos are on point and he has a really nice punish on that whiffed ex fan from you. His punishes for whiffed cutter and for 1,1,2 were really on point too.

Your spacing is really pretty solid with both Jax and Kitana. That Jax combo at 20:40 range that ended in anti-air grab, oh my god it's so cool, I love it lol.

The other good news is you both seem to be about equal skill level wise, which makes leveling up more fun in my opinion :).

Gh0sty

ばかみたいに無料
First off, kudos for having the courage to open yourself to scrutiny. The video itself was very high quality and easy to watch. Not playing any of the characters you showcased, my advice will be very general though.

As Kitana - try to practice getting your IAF's as close to the ground as possible. You spent a lot of time throwing fans over JC's head while backing yourself into the corner. That being said, I think you could have zoned him more. That lift combo (idk what it is, lol) can be extended for more damage, especially in the corner.

As Jax - be careful doing GP cancels when your opponent is within jump range. It got you blown up every time. I would also go into the lab and learn his corner traps. You could have ended the round many times, but you let JC escape from the corner. Also, you could have used your armored specials to escape his BS more.

In general, very solid game play. There were a few breakers that I didn't agree with, as you had already taken the majority of damage from the combo. I would also be wary of just walking up and throwing so much. Try using it more as a mix up in your block string pressure. Also try practice your AA more. Jax and kit both have great AA options.

Sent from my jailbroken iPhone using a pirated copy of Tapatalk

CrazyBread

Princess Diana
Your Kitana is not free at all. I really like your pokes...d3, d1, into 21 or F21... You have good movement...I like the back and forth walking.
Thank you. Now I'm just trying to make sure I counterpoke at the correct moments. Sometimes JC's pressure really overwhelms me so I back off.

CrazyBread

Princess Diana
I haven't been on TYM at all today, so I just got the alert lol.

Some of my advice is to watch your spacing on fan zoning because he was able to tag you with a back 3 quite a few times.

I like that you're incorporating Kitana's back 3, 3 and that whiff punish with ex cutter to end the match was really cool :D.

Your brother's corner combos are on point and he has a really nice punish on that whiffed ex fan from you. His punishes for whiffed cutter and for 1,1,2 were really on point too.

Your spacing is really pretty solid with both Jax and Kitana. That Jax combo at 20:40 range that ended in anti-air grab, oh my god it's so cool, I love it lol.

The other good news is you both seem to be about equal skill level wise, which makes leveling up more fun in my opinion :).
Yeah my zoning with Kitana is pretty weak and something I really need to work on, because I was getting AA, there was even a moment when my bro was able to d1 me right before I landed, that's when I knew I was WAY too close. Thanks I saw Tyrant do something like that in the corner once then I thought "There's gotta be a way to do this midscreen..." I'm glad you thought it was cool.

What my main focus is for my bro to use his other guys (he's not very confident with his Sonya or Ermac) when he plays me he's only goes JC, and I didn't want to do a JC mirror so... Anyways thank you for the critique, we will def take it to heart.

CrazyBread

Princess Diana
First off, kudos for having the courage to open yourself to scrutiny. The video itself was very high quality and easy to watch. Not playing any of the characters you showcased, my advice will be very general though.

As Kitana - try to practice getting your IAF's as close to the ground as possible. You spent a lot of time throwing fans over JC's head while backing yourself into the corner. That being said, I think you could have zoned him more. That lift combo (idk what it is, lol) can be extended for more damage, especially in the corner.

As Jax - be careful doing GP cancels when your opponent is within jump range. It got you blown up every time. I would also go into the lab and learn his corner traps. You could have ended the round many times, but you let JC escape from the corner. Also, you could have used your armored specials to escape his BS more.

In general, very solid game play. There were a few breakers that I didn't agree with, as you had already taken the majority of damage from the combo. I would also be wary of just walking up and throwing so much. Try using it more as a mix up in your block string pressure. Also try practice your AA more. Jax and kit both have great AA options.

Sent from my jailbroken iPhone using a pirated copy of Tapatalk
I agree 100% my zoning is scrubby, but I'm working on it. Nerves got us a little because we we're dropping combos left and right. With Jax I notice GP cancels are safer from a distance and are a great way to zone. Corner traps? Yeah I should be baiting a lot more to make my uncomfortable in the corner and keep them there. I'm also trying to get the timing down on when the exact moment to armor out of pressure. I watched our gameplay recently and winced when I broke when I clearly shouldn't have. AAing will now be top priority on my fundamentals list, once again thank your for you time Ghost. ;) Also GGS against your Ermac bud!

SZSR

Noob
Just one minor but sometimes major thing, make sure to play with the timer set to default.

In a tournament setting, everything's set to default and part of the battle is the fight against time.

Some players' fighting styles involve using time as their ally, cyusstrike is the main player that comes to my mind who uses this tactic.