What's new

MK9 Combo Breaker attendance up from UFGTX!

Happend a month or 2 ago. Yes the ps3 and PC online works. I dont have a PC and i hate using converters for ps3. So im out of luck. At least till i buy a PC. Just dont know anything about them.
Wow. Was it announced, or silently done? I still find that crazy.

For PC's, they're pretty simple to use these days. For Mortal Kombat: Komplete Edition, you'd install Steam and buy it there. Your Xbox 360 Controller will natively work with Windows 10 as well. I actually use a Hori GemPad EX for Xbox 360 on my PC, and it's simple plug and play.

Just checked though and it looks like the player base is pretty small. Peaking at about 170 people in a 24 hour period.

IROC

WP IROC
Wow. Was it announced, or silently done? I still find that crazy.

For PC's, they're pretty simple to use these days. For Mortal Kombat: Komplete Edition, you'd install Steam and buy it there. Your Xbox 360 Controller will natively work with Windows 10 as well. I actually use a Hori GemPad EX for Xbox 360 on my PC, and it's simple plug and play.

Just checked though and it looks like the player base is pretty small. Peaking at about 170 people in a 24 hour period.
It was silently announced i guess. I thought there was something wrong with my NAT at first. Then seen curbolicious post something on here about it. Thanks for the tips on PC. So we dont derail the thread, pm me with what i need to buy, ect as far as PC goes.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
So - as someone who doesnt know fuck-all about this game, and will never actually play it, does anyone have a recommendation for a top 8 or 16 or something that really.. I dunno.. really represents the game at it's best? Or a whole tournament.. Dont care about length provided its not much over 3hrs - but something more than just a single set.. Id like to see some of the character variety at the top of comp play, and see some of that play.

Id just like to see the game at its best - if for no other reason than to have some vague idea of wtf people are talking about when the game is brought up.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I tried to find people to play with on pc, even been on the discord but other than the same 2 people who were mostly playing one another, nobody was really available

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
So - as someone who doesnt know fuck-all about this game, and will never actually play it, does anyone have a recommendation for a top 8 or 16 or something that really.. I dunno.. really represents the game at it's best? Or a whole tournament.. Dont care about length provided its not much over 3hrs - but something more than just a single set.. Id like to see some of the character variety at the top of comp play, and see some of that play.

Id just like to see the game at its best - if for no other reason than to have some vague idea of wtf people are talking about when the game is brought up.
@HellblazerHawkman has been posting a series of the greatest MK9 sets for the past few weeks. You can see them on the front page.

Sub Zero vs Kenshi, Sub Zero vs Freddy Krueger and Sub Zero vs Smoke are the worst match-ups I've played ever on that game.
But seeing the horrible Jade buttons... She and Sheeva must have suffer more... Poor low tier life.:(

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
It's awesome to see MK9 coming back at a high profile major tournament event, as well as MKX having yet another major tourney at the same event. MK9 and MKX both helped in taking the MK series and it's competitive scene into new heights, and you can't deny that. The fact that BOTH are played in this tourney in addition to IJ2 just shows how much love and appreciation those games have from the players. This is gonna be epic!

Last edited: