What's new

MK9 Arkhive project & I'm back!

pherleece

Woolay

TLDR located below.

Hello! I'm not a noob here but since I feel 80% of the active users have joined the site around the time I quietly disappeared, I feel like I don't know anyone, hence I'm posting this here. For those who do not know me, my name is Chris but in the gaming world, I go by Pherleece. I joined TYM in September 2011, 5 months after MK9 released, and it was the beginning of many great friendships, opportunities. I started showing up to locals, became a part of the VSM family in NY, joined Kombat Network as an assistant stream and bracket runner, produced and co-hosted the first live weekly MK9 show “The Woolay Show” and the first live weekly Injustice show “Injustice Live”.

I was able to go to a few of the first tournaments for MKX but unfortunately, I had to step away from the community due to some pretty serious issues/events in my personal life. Fortunately for me, my life has finally been headed in the right direction and it also happens to be MK11 season so I look at it as a sign to return. I am SUPER excited to reconnect with old friends and equally excited to meet all the new people that have joined since I left. I will be more than happy to play anyone regardless of skill level on PS4 and Nintendo Switch. I’m not the best player but I do have lots of knowledge on fighting game mechanics and I will be willing to help anyone to learn how to get started to play competitively or to grind matchups.

Going through my old files, I found many unreleased videos that I have taken from the MK9 days and I thought this is the best time to put it all out there. My plan to release them all before MK11 so I will not be paying attention to small details like end cards, descriptions, and thumbnails. I decided to release them on youtube under a project I’m calling the “MK9 Arkhives”. I also invite anyone with MK9 footage that may go unseen for all time, to submit for the project that I will post up on my youtube.

So far I was only able to upload a few matches and hotel shenanigans I have found and will be working on getting more never before seen matches out to everyone ASAP. My plan is to have most of the footage I have will be uploaded to. I have matches featuring @Tom Brady, @Mikemetroid, @rev0lver, @NYChrisG, @Hitoshura, @GGA HAN, @n-megabytes, @TheTetraSpirit, @J360, @DarKNaTaS, @Rui48, @Sabin aka Arturo Sanchez, @GGA Wafflez, @AC1984, @zaf, @Kfrog, @Showtime, @Blackula, @SwiftTomHanks, @Chongo, @Red Reaper, @Lt. Boxy Angelman, Mono from PR, @Jer, @OZZYGUITAR, @xKhaoTik, @ermacio, @Astronaut, @michaelbolton, @beeneeweenez, @7L, @srryimwhite. I have already posted some matches and will be grinding it out to get it all uploaded ASAP. (some people I have tagged didn't pop up so if anyone wants to help get their proper usernames would be awesome.)

I will be doing lots of giveaways so please also subscribe for a chance to win. I will also be doing twitter and twitch giveaways so also follow me there. My first giveaway will happen once I reach 250 subscribers on youtube. Even if you don’t care about any of the MK9 or future content I create, I would appreciate if you can still subscribe but unfollow so you don't see any alerts. Every sub helps. I also will be adding Mortal Kombat Mobile content on my channel as well.

Just answer a question some of you may have is if “The Woolay Show” will return. Last time I spoke with @G4S Claude VonStroke, there are currently no plans for the show to return. I thought about maybe doing another show but unfortunately, things are very different now and everyone and their grandmas seem to be streaming or providing podcasts and it already feels like the amount of that kind of content is overwhelmingly available... But hey, you never know. Would love to do something where we discuss the dynamic and hype of the MK9 community though.

TLDR: I'm back and releasing my old never before seen MK9 footage, hotel shenanigans, and other even footage. I will be doing my first giveaway when I hit 250 followers so follow me on twitter to stay updated. Willing to help others learn to play or grind matchups on PS4 and Nintendo Switch.

Please follow and subscribe! Every sub/follow helps!
youtube.com/pherleece
twitter.com/pherleece
twitch.tv/pherleece

Tom Brady vs Showtime - NEC13, this video shows the live audience view. If you listen closely you can hear @CDJr pretty much screaming the whole time, lol. @16 Bit

GGA Wafflez vs AGE NYChrisG - NEC13 - "Smoke of the World" VS the man who never practices or plays the game outside of tournament aka the man who deserved his summit spot @Tweedy

Khaotik vs N-Megabyte all the way from Australia - NEC13

OBS KFrog vs PTH Astronaut - NEC13

KH Starcharger vs 7L - NEC13

OBS Jer vs WNBA OzzyGuitar - NEC13

GGA Han vs VSM KT Smith - NEC13

VSM J360 vs Ermacio - NEC13

@Mr Aquaman & Trepound get snaked @ NEC13

Here are some of the matches to look forward to on my youtube:
WNBA MikeMetroid vs EMP Tom Brady
WNBA MikeMetroid vs RedReaper
Blackula VS TS Sabin
Zaf vs VSM Hitoshura

@STORMS @CrimsonShadow @HellblazerHawkman @Eldriken I know my return isn't FP material but maybe the videos I uploaded are? Up to you guys.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian

TLDR located below.

Hello! I'm not a noob here but since I feel 80% of the active users have joined the site around the time I quietly disappeared, I feel like I don't know anyone, hence I'm posting this here. For those who do not know me, my name is Chris but in the gaming world, I go by Pherleece. I joined TYM in September 2011, 5 months after MK9 released, and it was the beginning of many great friendships, opportunities. I started showing up to locals, became a part of the VSM family in NY, joined Kombat Network as an assistant stream and bracket runner, produced and co-hosted the first live weekly MK9 show “The Woolay Show” and the first live weekly Injustice show “Injustice Live”.

I was able to go to a few of the first tournaments for MKX but unfortunately, I had to step away from the community due to some pretty serious issues/events in my personal life. Fortunately for me, my life has finally been headed in the right direction and it also happens to be MK11 season so I look at it as a sign to return. I am SUPER excited to reconnect with old friends and equally excited to meet all the new people that have joined since I left. I will be more than happy to play anyone regardless of skill level on PS4 and Nintendo Switch. I’m not the best player but I do have lots of knowledge on fighting game mechanics and I will be willing to help anyone to learn how to get started to play competitively or to grind matchups.

Going through my old files, I found many unreleased videos that I have taken from the MK9 days and I thought this is the best time to put it all out there. My plan to release them all before MK11 so I will not be paying attention to small details like end cards, descriptions, and thumbnails. I decided to release them on youtube under a project I’m calling the “MK9 Arkhives”. I also invite anyone with MK9 footage that may go unseen for all time, to submit for the project that I will post up on my youtube.

So far I was only able to upload a few matches and hotel shenanigans I have found and will be working on getting more never before seen matches out to everyone ASAP. My plan is to have most of the footage I have will be uploaded to. I have matches featuring @Tom Brady, @Mikemetroid, @rev0lver, @NYChrisG, @Hitoshura, @GGA HAN, @n-megabytes, @TheTetraSpirit, @J360, @DarKNaTaS, @Rui48, @Sabin aka Arturo Sanchez, @GGA Wafflez, @AC1984, @zaf, @Kfrog, @Showtime, @Blackula, @SwiftTomHanks, @Chongo, @Red Reaper, @Lt. Boxy Angelman, Mono from PR, @Jer, @OZZYGUITAR, @xKhaoTik, @ermacio, @Astronaut, @michaelbolton, @beeneeweenez, @7L, @srryimwhite. I have already posted some matches and will be grinding it out to get it all uploaded ASAP. (some people I have tagged didn't pop up so if anyone wants to help get their proper usernames would be awesome.)

I will be doing lots of giveaways so please also subscribe for a chance to win. I will also be doing twitter and twitch giveaways so also follow me there. My first giveaway will happen once I reach 250 subscribers on youtube. Even if you don’t care about any of the MK9 or future content I create, I would appreciate if you can still subscribe but unfollow so you don't see any alerts. Every sub helps. I also will be adding Mortal Kombat Mobile content on my channel as well.

Just answer a question some of you may have is if “The Woolay Show” will return. Last time I spoke with @G4S Claude VonStroke, there are currently no plans for the show to return. I thought about maybe doing another show but unfortunately, things are very different now and everyone and their grandmas seem to be streaming or providing podcasts and it already feels like the amount of that kind of content is overwhelmingly available... But hey, you never know. Would love to do something where we discuss the dynamic and hype of the MK9 community though.

TLDR: I'm back and releasing my old never before seen MK9 footage, hotel shenanigans, and other even footage. I will be doing my first giveaway when I hit 250 followers so follow me on twitter to stay updated. Willing to help others learn to play or grind matchups on PS4 and Nintendo Switch.

Please follow and subscribe! Every sub/follow helps!
youtube.com/pherleece
twitter.com/pherleece
twitch.tv/pherleece

Tom Brady vs Showtime - NEC13, this video shows the live audience view. If you listen closely you can hear @CDJr pretty much screaming the whole time, lol. @16 Bit

GGA Wafflez vs AGE NYChrisG - NEC13 - "Smoke of the World" VS the man who never practices or plays the game outside of tournament aka the man who deserved his summit spot @Tweedy

Khaotik vs N-Megabyte all the way from Australia - NEC13

OBS KFrog vs PTH Astronaut - NEC13

KH Starcharger vs 7L - NEC13

OBS Jer vs WNBA OzzyGuitar - NEC13

GGA Han vs VSM KT Smith - NEC13

VSM J360 vs Ermacio - NEC13

@Mr Aquaman & Trepound get snaked @ NEC13

Here are some of the matches to look forward to on my youtube:
WNBA MikeMetroid vs EMP Tom Brady
WNBA MikeMetroid vs RedReaper
Blackula VS TS Sabin
Zaf vs VSM Hitoshura

@STORMS @CrimsonShadow @HellblazerHawkman @Eldriken I know my return isn't FP material but maybe the videos I uploaded are? Up to you guys.
I'll take a look in a few hours, no worries

Ayyyyy what's up my man.
I was actually trying to find the match I had with Khaotic at NEC a while back which I knew you had before. Did that get taken down?

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Welcome back, OG.

Also, I think the only good match I EVER had in MK9 was when I beat K-Frog 3-2 in casuals after NEC 2012. I had literally no idea what I was doing or how to actually be gud, I just played Cyrax and hoped for the best.

pherleece

Woolay
Ayyyyy what's up my man.
I was actually trying to find the match I had with Khaotic at NEC a while back which I knew you had before. Did that get taken down?
Yes I took it down because I wanted to release everything at once. Sorry about that but you won't t have to wait much longer!!

pherleece

Woolay
The rest of the videos have been uploaded but do not have time to re-post the others on here.

www.youtube.com/pherleece

@Tom Brady, @Mikemetroid, @rev0lver, @NYChrisG, @Hitoshura, @GGA HAN, @n-megabytes, @TheTetraSpirit, @J360, @DarKNaTaS, @Rui48, @Sabin aka Arturo Sanchez, @GGA Wafflez, @AC1984, @zaf, @Kfrog, @Showtime, @Blackula, @SwiftTomHanks, @Chongo, @Red Reaper, @Lt. Boxy Angelman, Mono from PR, @Jer, @OZZYGUITAR, @xKhaoTik, @ermacio, @16 Bit, @Astronaut, @michaelbolton, @beeneeweenez, @7L, @srryimwhite

Reactions: 7L

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
The nostalgia is way way too real.

We gotta train if you get back in the swing of things for MK11, man. I'm in the Bronx and I need all the sparring partners I can get so I can actually be a competent player this game.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
holy gawd... awesome...

You know one thing about the FGC is that say Combo Breaker this week... it is like 3 days of MK11... all those games get completely lost in time,. Sure they are linked around.. but in a few years they are all gone. A place that cuts out and posts individual matches and streams for prosperity is such an awesome idea.