What's new

MK9 1GB PC update

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
It deletes Kabal from the game and removes Cyrax's resets.

But seriously, I'd be interested to know, as well.

I'd really love to see more people talking about this cause basically, there's not much information about it. Only thing I've heard is that this patch makes online multi even worse than before. I've been waiting for a patch to fix that multi since mk's arrival to pc and now finally, a patch. Only to hear that it brings some totally useless stuff that nobody needs or wants and f****'s up multiplayer even more. Great neatherrealm, show them how it's done!

Ray'sGoodLiquor

I don't care I'm not a competitive player anymore
1. My FPS is consistently higher. I'm guessing this patch addressed some optimization issues.
2. The online rooms that are normally empty (due to a bug) had about 100+ people in them.

That's all I've gathered from a couple online matches. Lag seemed really bad, but there's no telling with the PC version since the majority of our casuals are from Russia.

I'll get some private matches in tonight and give a better rundown on what I notice has changed.

Last edited:

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
OMG are they seriously fixing the bugs?! Someone check if we still have that bug where the game crashes when you try to invite people to private matches without using the steam overlay.

Johnny San

Shazzy's Biggest Fan
@GrandMasterson

Here are the patch notes.

MKKE Update Patch Notes

Updated the game launcher
-Added video card selection option
+Fixes auto-detection problems on laptops with Optimus technology
+Solves performance issues for many laptops with dual GPUs
-Added support for letterbox display toggle
+Fixes problems with 4:3 and 5:4 aspect ratios
Several performance optimizations
Changed video settings options

-Added ability to toggle memory restriction
+Removed region lock for multiplayer matchmaking
-Allows for a larger pool of online players
+However, very long distance matches may experience slower network performance
Improvements to online multiplayer
-Fixed issues with Private Matches
-Updated KOTH
-Fixed multiplayer crashes
Fixes and updates for several peripherals
Removed microphone support from voice chat

-Players may use Steam Chat

Last edited:

Braindead

@GrandMasterson

Here are the patch notes.

MKKE Update Patch Notes

Updated the game launcher
-Added video card selection option
+Fixes auto-detection problems on laptops with Optimus technology
+Solves performance issues for many laptops with dual GPUs
-Added support for letterbox display toggle
+Fixes problems with 4:3 and 5:4 aspect ratios
Several performance optimizations
Changed video settings options

-Added ability to toggle memory restriction
+Removed region lock for multiplayer matchmaking
-Allows for a larger pool of online players
+However, very long distance matches may experience slower network performance
Improvements to online multiplayer
-Fixed issues with Private Matches
-Updated KOTH
-Fixed multiplayer crashes
Fixes and updates for several peripherals
Removed microphone support from voice chat

-Players may use Steam Chat
OMG are they seriously fixing the bugs?! Someone check if we still have that bug where the game crashes when you try to invite people to private matches without using the steam overlay.
Totally called it.

Braindead

Well that crash when you invite people from the private matches is still there.

But my work laptop could only handle the game before at 1024x600 resolution, I just increased it to 1280x720 and I get a stable 60 fps. So that's definitely an improvement.
ABOUT FUCKING TIME lol.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Seriously, what the fuck is with MK and Russia since MK9's PC release
Since like forever tbh.
While Stykie is correct about some troubles with console market here, there's also another factor, something I'd call cultural importance (for what it's worth) for gamers here, or people who used to be ones decades ago. In short, MK was a thing, and it is a thing even for those who don't normally deal with FGs. Of course, MK's return to platform most such people here have and prefer, and MK's return to its roots as well, did the job. Of course, not many of those "nostalgic oldfags" are online warrior material, but sheer number of people playing the game kinda made up for that.

What motivated this, and why now?
Desire for PC MKX not being a financial blowup, I guess.

Calling it now though: private match invitation not being fixed and perceived "lag aggravation" caused by disabling of region lock will make people bitch and cry even louder.

Ray'sGoodLiquor

I don't care I'm not a competitive player anymore
Desire for PC MKX not being a financial blowup, I guess.

Dude, MK9 killed every fighting game in terms of stream viewers at Evo, and it was a side tournament. MK, no matter what the tournament players say, isn't dead for a while. Profitable and dead are two different animals.

iloveTSA

Noob
Dude, MK9 killed every fighting game in terms of stream viewers at Evo, and it was a side tournament. MK, no matter what the tournament players say, isn't dead for a while. Profitable and dead are two different animals.
Seriously? Dude, you're wrong. MK side stream didn't even make it to top 5 in terms of live stream view count.
What you're talking about is a youtube video uploaded post EVO, quite a big difference indeed.

http://testyourmight.com/threads/mk9-side-tournament-gf-viewership-trounces-all-other-fgs-and-how-mkx-could-be-the-biggest-fg-ever.44997/page-5#post-1439241