What's new

MK9 10 year anniversary is coming up in 2021. Revival/backwards compatibility? Remake?

Inzzane_79

Every time someone farts, a demon gets his wings
A Collection of all MK games ever released on one Disc (or one download lol) with online Play. One can dream Right?

Lord Snotty

Lord of the Bletherrealm.
It started off that annoying revenant storyline, so I sort of hate MK9 for that reason. I can't help it.

I expected to atleast get MK-3D Epoch Kollection: MK Deception, Armageddon and Shaolin Monks HD remastered with online features

MK9 remastered with improved Online and no more input bugs would be a dream come true

Last edited:

Vampbite

Fangin' 'N' Bangin'
I too wasn't playing fighters either at that time, I'd love a remaster/remake of 9. Seriously.

E

Eldriken

Are updated graphics that important? Just replay the game.
To some people it is.

Questions like these boggle my mind. It's like those who ask them are incapable of understanding that other people think and feel differently than they do.

It's also the potential of playing the game with NRS' vastly improved netcode.

However, I'm not naive enough to believe that it would be all daisies and rainbows if this ever happened. The outcry over Kabal, Cyrax, Kenshi, etc would certainly make up for the lack of complaints about the netcode.

MK9 Remastered or a Remake with frame data, good netcode, toned down top tier characters and bug fixes would be a dream come true. I would be just as happy if this happened to SF4 as well.

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
I would be mad cool if they mad it backwards compatible for the people who want to play it but i doubt it...

Hell i'm still waiting for a re release of mk4 and MKT...been over a decade..lol

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
If they remade it would you all want it with a patch or as is? I think part of the fun is how crazy it was but I’d be okay with Cyrax and Quran Chi death combos removed

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
All I know dude if tomorrow NRS announced an MK 9 remake, updated. R.I.P. MK 11 lmao. Hell, even if they re-released it the way it was but with BETTER/current netcode, I'm not saying no to that and I doubt those who love MK 9 would either.

I would be mad cool if they mad it backwards compatible for the people who want to play it but i doubt it...

Hell i'm still waiting for a re release of mk4 and MKT...been over a decade..lol
Yes, same here!! Like they made a 3d MK game compilation pack for PS2, brought back MK 1, 2 and UMK3 the past decade in a few different ways. Would be really freaking cool if they at least released MK 4 for N64 version on Switch with online KOTH, kasual mode etc or a new Arcade pack for it I mean oldschool MK arcade perfect with N64 as a bonus on Switch WITH netplay. Who wouldn't buy that? You'd have MK on the go and on TV arcade perfect. I'd buy that shit day one lol.

Or heck if they did a MK 4 release with MK 9 since those are two games they have not released yet or MK vs DC even, you know it's interesting because that was Midway's last game so would love to see that game re-released with Quan-Chi and Harley as the intended DLC and patched Flash, Superman infinite. Put them all in a MK Klassic pack. It would be literally free money for NRS and WB.

Last edited: