What's new

MK9 10 year anniversary is coming up in 2021. Revival/backwards compatibility? Remake?

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
The only thing MK11 has going for it are the visuals. The game looks good. That's it. When it comes to actually playing the game MK11 is boring and frustrating. And don't even get me started on how badly they screwed up the single player aspect of the game. Hitting yourself in the balls with a hammer is more fun than playing Towers Of Time.

"Boring and frustrating" is the perfect way to summarise MK11.
Ok

haketh

Noob
We really out here posting the one time Jeremiah did well with Sheeva & ignoring the context that

1. The level of play back then was worse than what we have now

2. The lack of money in the scene back then of course meant people were willing to just play their faves

Anyway some of y’all continue to talk a big game about loving MK9 but I ain’t ever seen y’all at a side a tournament or talk about organizing stuff Zzzzzzz

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
The coolest thing that could realistically happen is if the community organized some offline events at their locals to celebrate it. I'm not holding my breath for NRS/WB to do anything.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Haketh, since that was obviousy aimed at me. It's still one time is enough to prove my point with Sheeva and like I said CDjr won with Rain, because Rain is sooo top tier right and OP in Mk 9 right? lmao....it's still more proof that in that regard MK 9 has a more balanced tourney scene of diverse used characters unlike MK 11 where again where's Raiden, Kollector, Skarlet etc winning tournaments? Call me when that happens. :D oh and how many tourneys have you been to? lol I've played at various tourneys just not majors because one. I have no time to travel around the country and 2. Don't have the money, but hey if you want to dish out a few thousands bucks my way I'll go to my closest major.

Also to say the level of play is worse then than now is the biggest load of bullshit I've ever heard, high level comp is high level comp. What proof can you provide to say such a false statement? You're pretty much lowballing the skill of MK 9 players to MK 11 which is just hilarious. Please....notice the same dominant player in MK 11 and MK X hardly did shit in MK 9 and doesn't even play games prior to that. Games fault? I think not when players like Jeremiah, CD jr and Michaelangelo have won in that game using non S tier characters.

I will bet you anything most MK 11 players now wouldn't win nearly as much in MK 9 and would most likely get their asses handed to them in UMK3 since they had less gimmicky bs. I bet the current "pros" of mk would get their asses handed to them by MK9 guys and UMK3 guys, etc. How about them apples? Since we're theorizing that's mine. Lack of money means little when it comes to character picks, you use who you like and are good with. Has nothing to do with money. If you have the money to attend and pay the fee that's all that matters.

Last edited:

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Yes I'm aware of what a strawman argument is as well as your obsession with balance and yes it does mean something as I've made my points using TYM facts that you're denying along with mr. administrator over there on why most prefer MK 9 to MK 11.
And there it is folks. One line in and I already know the rest can be disregarded because he's talking about an entirely different topic still. Amazing. Whatever argument you're having, keep on truckin on your own. It still has literally nothing to do with me or my core point so you do you, boo.

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
And there it is folks. One line in and I already know the rest can be disregarded because he's talking about an entirely different topic still. Amazing. Whatever argument you're having, keep on truckin on your own. It still has literally nothing to do with me or my core point so you do you, boo.
He be like that. You should see the Raiden forums.

MKF30

Yeah I'm one of the few who dates want raiden to be better unlike others who like to judge yet have no gameplay of their own know it alls...

Again merely stating a fact on Tym at least. But I understand that still triggers you flakey since were using random names now. I'll call you that so long as you call me "boo" umm the topic is about mk 9 but show me where nobody's allowed to mention other MKs? Lol oh it does it just flew over your head like a superman over metropolis.

At any rate even though others have gone way off topic then have the balls to pull that card with me. Regarding the topic, I welcome it and would play it. Others can hate on it all they wish though. I dont really care.

Mandolore1123

Yeah I'm one of the fewbqhonactually wants raiden to be better unlike mr. Mandore without any gameplay vids here.

Again merely stating a fact on Tym at least. But I understand that still triggers you flakey since were using random names now. I'll call you that so long as you call me "boo" umm the topic is about mk 9 but show me where nobody's allowed to mention other MKs? Lol oh it does it just flew over your head like a superman over metropolis.
So pointing out that your ludicrously bad buff suggestions = wanting Raiden to be bad?
Also, spellcheck your post. It goes a long way to read through what you’ve written before you rush to defend yourself.

MKF30

So pointing out that your ludicrously bad buff suggestions = wanting Raiden to be bad?
Also, spellcheck your post. It goes a long way to read through what you’ve written before you rush to defend yourself.
Not ludacris perhaps to you but that's your problem, not mine. I get you're obviously an elitist without any actual gameplay to back up anything you speak of as you've admitted.

I dont really care for perfect grammar on here and I'm on my phone. This has little relevance to do with the topic anyway. I have perfect grammar when it matters. Thanks, maybe you should actually post gameplay vids yourself instead of judging and critiquing others sometime. That would be nice.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
I was talking about MK9 balance. You were talking about any number of other things besides that. You are more than welcome to, but do not come responding to me arbitrarily attempting to dictate what topics are being discussed with me when I was honed in on one thing. Please get of your head for one moment and just read.

Mandolore1123

Not ludacris perhaps to you but that's your problem, not mine. I get you're obviously an elitist without any actual gameplay to back up anything you speak of as you've admitted.

I dont really care for perfect grammar on here and I'm on my phone. This has little relevance to do with the topic anyway. I have perfect grammar when it matters. Thanks, maybe you should actually post gameplay vids yourself instead of judging and critiquing others sometime. That would be nice.
Why would I need actual gameplay to back up why having a safe on block launcher is stupid? Thinking that I must provide some gameplay in order to have any sort of credibility to my statement is stupid. I'm sure most members here don't post videos of their gameplay here, yet you zone in on me in particular. Am I not allowed to state that your buffs are stupidly bad and are based on want and not need if I don't provide gameplay? I was unaware that there was just a rule that only you enforced.

MKF30

I was talking about MK9 balance. You were talking about any number of other things besides that. You are more than welcome to, but do not come responding to me arbitrarily attempting to dictate what topics are being discussed with me when I was honed in on one thing. Please get of your head for one moment and just read.
Get of my head? What? I can read but perhaps if you actually made sense that would help?

I never dictated anything, I've made my point and am tired of this going in circles with you. Enjoy what you like, I'll enjoy mk 9 overall with its flaws and pros. I dont care about character balance exclusively.

MKF30

Why would I need actual gameplay to back up why having a safe on block launcher is stupid? Thinking that I must provide some gameplay in order to have any sort of credibility to my statement is stupid. I'm sure most members here don't post videos of their gameplay here, yet you zone in on me in particular. Am I not allowed to state that your buffs are stupidly bad and are based on want and not need if I don't provide gameplay? I was unaware that there was just a rule that only you enforced.
Because I've noticed you're not just the judgmental type but seem to think you everything. Best way to back that up is to actually play the game yourself instead of riding a few pro players and or your favorite streamers using Raiden. I'm zoning in on you because you mentioned or zoned in on me first guy. If you dont want to be zoned out as you say, then dont mention me to begin with and expect me to ignore it. That dont work with me in case you didnt get the memo. It's not my rule, most people react and respond when addressed but you tried to be snide about it now are trying to play victim when I called you out on it.

Last edited:

Mandolore1123

Because I've noticed you're not just the judgmental type but seem to think you everything. Best way to back that up is to actually play the game yourself instead of riding a few pro players and or your favorite streamers using Raiden. I'm zoning in on you because you mentioned or zoned in on me first guy. If you dont want to be zoned out asyou say, then dont mention me to begin with and expect me to ignore it. That dont work with me in case you didnt get the memo. It's not my rule, most people react and respond when addressed but you tried to be snide about it now are trying to play victim when I called you out on it.
Who's playing victim? Who's riding on other's opinions? Every time I post a video I state what I think is good or bad in them when I ask the community to watch. Please re-read my posts and tell me where did I mindlessly drone on about what other people think. I wrote an entire post explaining why I DON'T agree with SF's placement of Raijin Raiden at S tier.

MKF30

Who's playing victim? Who's riding on other's opinions? Every time I post a video I state what I think is good or bad in them when I ask the community to watch. Please re-read my posts and tell me where did I mindlessly drone on about what other people think. I wrote an entire post explaining why I DON'T agree with SF's placement of Raijin Raiden at S tier.
Lol you come in here take a potshot at me, I respond and you start crying about "me zoning you out" you realize had you not posted about me you wouldn't have to worry about that. And dont pretend it wasnt snide. I see what you're doing.

Why are we talking about the raiden stuff in this thread again? Im not talking about sonics tier list though. You brought me up in a raiden topic out of nowhere trying to be funny then get defensive when I addressed you.

Do you have anything to say regarding the actual topic? Have you ever played mk 9?

Mandolore1123

Lol you come in here take a potshot at me, I respond and you start crying about "me zoning you out" you realize had you not posted about me you wouldn't have to worry about that. And dont pretend it wasnt snide. I see what you're doing.

Why are we talking about the raiden stuff in this thread again? Im not talking about sonics tier list though. You brought me up in a raiden topic out of nowhere trying to be funny then get defensive when I addressed you.

Do you have anything to say regarding the actual topic? Have you ever played mk 9?
Oh no. I just saw everyone harping on your lack of reading ability and came to see what the fuss was about

MKF30

Oh no. I just saw everyone harping on your lack of reading ability and came to see what the fuss was about
Everyone as in one guy? Wow didnt know 1 person reps the entire site or "everyone" as you say. Well if that's the only reason you came admittingly I'd be careful if were you the last person to try that got banned. ;) just saying.

So that's a no then, I figured.

Mandolore1123

Everyone as in one guy? Wow didnt know 1 person reps the entire site or "everyone" as you say. Well if that's the only reason you came admittingly I'd be careful if were you the last person to try that got banned. ;) just saying.

So that's a no then, I figured.
Try what? To point out your flaws in logic? @Arqwart are you banned yet?

MKF30

Thought I responded to this weird...I'll say it again without detail. I wasnt talking about arqwart, mando....that's all you need to know.

I'll try this again why dont we agree to disagree without the bs since were going in circles here, deal?