What's new

MK3 Tier List Discussion

i haven't seen a tier list for regular MK3. thats what i'm playing. i figure kabal is good. my brother is pretty good at sub zero though, i dunno how you guys beat him but he's good.

dreemernj

Ambassador
Sub Zero, Jax, Kabal, all top tier in MK3. Sub Zero's ice clone is a monster. Jax can fire off projectiles very quickly. Kabal is Kabal, but with more damage from his autocombos.

How does your bro get you with Sub Zero?

ded

Elder God
the tier list for mk3 should be like:

1. Sub-Zero
2. Kabal
3. Jax
4. Kano
5. Nightwolf
6. Smoke
7. Sindel
8. Sonya
9. Cyrax (no dp for throw and bombs allowed while net is visible!)
10. Kung Lao
11. Liu Kang
12. Stryker
13. Sektor (or 14)
14. Shang Tsung (or 13, corner inf!)
15. Sheeva

its still debatable of course

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
That's pretty good, I know we've gone over the MK3 list before on AIM, but I think that Liu Kang might be higher than Stryker because Stryker has no riot gun and that is vital.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I believe that Liu is definitely better than Stryker in MK3. No riot gun = no good.

dreemernj

Ambassador
With full run bar after a bike kick, I think if you use the bike kick to punish a whiffed move in MK3 you can get a combo afterwards for free too.

Derek

Noob
kazlaz said:
what does kabal have in umk3 that he does mk3 or is it becuase sub can freeze right under them
It's the fact that the Ice Clone can freeze them without them touching it. Giving U. Sub-Zero limitless 100% combos.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Basically the ice clone is more broken than the freeze and sets up more damage, a variety of 100% scenarios. Mix this in with the absence of jump starters and other slight modifications to gameplay, makes Sub a bit better than Kabal overall.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
The collision detection on his spin move is too small, it's similar to MKII where it's a lot easier to hit someone if they are doing an attack but it doesn't have to be that way. Also, the spin pushes him out of the corner in MK3 cutting off infinite potential. This should have remained in UMK3 and it wouldn't have made much of a difference really. Anyone who can really use Kung Lao doesn't need his corner infinites but can do his mid screen juggles. Another thing about the spin in MK3 is it doesn't activate damage protection, so if you are able to connect it, it only takes a few hits to beat someone. Basically UMK3 beefed up Kung Lao into the higher end of the top tier.

l SuGaR l said:
kazlaz said:
what does kabal have in umk3 that he does mk3 or is it becuase sub can freeze right under them
It's the fact that the Ice Clone can freeze them without them touching it. Giving U. Sub-Zero limitless 100% combos.
Kabals HK, LK, HP, HP, D+HP autocombo does more damage.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
JP and JK starters essentially even out the 10% damage trade off, since most of the time Kabal's real damage comes off a spin.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
You've already been warned, and just flamed the Webmaster...If they don't outright ban you now, then you have just one strike left.

Keep your negative comments to yourself Kah Ball.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Kah Ball, don't ever do that again. Last warning from me, we'll see if Dreemer's angry today.