What's new

MK2 status update...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sub0's-Icy-Balls

Frozen Death (ANTI-TIERIST)
Hey folks, just wanted to remind everyone that MK2 is still the greatest fighting game ever made and people still play it at a high level. Had some great matches against "MisterioZ," "Culongy" and the always tough Mike Caldwell.

if anyone decides to drop whatever current fighting abomination they are playing and want's to learn how to play MK2 better, hit me up!

PSN-
Sub0s-Icy-Balls | LargeMargeSentMe | ShangSchlub

peace

Sub0's-Icy-Balls

How about we fast forward to a year or two from now... no one will be playing MKX, just like no one is playing MK9 because they are sad, gimmick laden piles of garbage. You should let your Cheetos stained fingers experience a great game like MK II (Which will still be around).

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
Hey guys, when you're done playing your shitty ass sequels come hit me up in the original and only truly good MK game MK1 instead of those underwater simulators and gimmick causal games. This is biggy tank out yo. Peace.

bettyswallaux

XBOXLive: BettySwallaux
People still play SF2, UMK3, KI... Doesn't make them better you tit, I love to play old fighting games too, not because they're better, but because their good and are great for nostalgia. People do still play MK9, nowhere near as many as did a year ago but I can guarantee its still a hell of a lot more than are playing almighty MKII, and FYI I love MK2 before you try saying I don't :)

Sub0's-Icy-Balls

@TelekineticBeing no, I do not play UMK3. It bores me to pieces. I feel like the juggles and combos actually hurt the game instead of adding more depth. MK1 and UMK3 are pretty much the same simple game. And I'm not saying these games (and the new ones) aren't fun, they are really fun. But once you learn how to play at high level the game becomes stale and repetitive. MKII (and I'm not talking about every matchup either, a lot of MKII matches are boring as hell) somehow transcends that staleness and manages to stay fresh and new. I strongly feel that factor is what has kept MKII alive for 20+ years and why most people wont argue that it's the best in the whole franchise.

There's only one other game I play... Chess, and I play Chess because it shares that same freshness in every match. I can play 100 games against someone with a similar skill level as me and always be surprised with the outcome and want to play more.

Sub0's-Icy-Balls

@bettyswallaux I'm sure your absolutely correct that more people are playing MK9 than MKII, and that's fine with me. A lot of people eat at Applebee's and The Olive Garden. Doesn't mean that those are good restaurants. As long as there 10 to 15 awesome MKII players, it will provide me years of entertainment.

Gito666

Ninjas > Special Forces
And you don't think a good game of mk9 is similar to chess? When 2 good mk9 players fight each other, from my experience, it DOES keep changing because you catch on to each others patterns and have to constantly adapt.

Not saying i don't like mk2, but I'd take 9 over it any day for the difference in speed alone

Hitoshura

Head Cage
How about we fast forward to a year or two from now... no one will be playing MKX, just like no one is playing MK9 because they are sad, gimmick laden piles of garbage. You should let your Cheetos stained fingers experience a great game like MK II (Which will still be around).
I'm pretty sure the greatest fighting game is based on perception. You know, because everyone has different tastes.

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
That's good but if MK9 is Olive garden, MK2 is burger king. I generally understand why people like certain older games like SF2, alpha, GG r ect, as opposed to their newer iterations, I myself like going to runbacks, but MK2 was mediocre for me when it came out and I hardly think it aged well. I mean none of them were the epitome of competitive play when they came out but at least UMK3 didn't feel as clunky or slow. Compared to a lot of other games at the time it was pretty shallow IMO and it sure as hell wasn't well balanced. I never got the hype of MK2. #HeathenOpinion

Sub0's-Icy-Balls

@Shark Tank That Rib place sounds like my kind of restaurant.

@RiverHB $1 beers!?!?!? mother of god! I have to bring a flask everytime I go to a bar out here in LA!

ok, so were all in agreement... Olive Garden blows ass (and don't try and tell me their endless salad and bread is any good)!!!!!!!

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Damn, the MK2 slamming is real.

At least we now know Olive Garden is weaksauce to everyone.

BRUTALITY

Banned
too hard to challenge people at anything relevant, so why dont you join me in my 25 year old game because all these new games are too scary

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
I read the first post in this thread and was getting prepared to break out the sweeper, but thankfully everyone has managed to come to the same agreement... in food???

In all seriousness though, @Sub0's-Icy-Balls, I know you are an MK2 head. I think @RiverHB said it best. You shouldn't have to slam the competition to build up the game you like. Especially when that competition is within the same community and many of the people who currently play the modern NRS games used to play the classics. Rather than rallying people to your cause, you are pissing people off and that's just going to earn you infractions over time.

bettyswallaux

XBOXLive: BettySwallaux
@bettyswallaux I'm sure your absolutely correct that more people are playing MK9 than MKII, and that's fine with me. A lot of people eat at Applebee's and The Olive Garden. Doesn't mean that those are good restaurants. As long as there 10 to 15 awesome MKII players, it will provide me years of entertainment.
Eh and I as my last post stated I love MK2, but you talk down to everyone who seems to have moved on and plays MK9 etc, I happen to love mk9 and IGAU was decent, I'm sure if you had said "mk2 is Still my favourite and what I consider to be the best game" instead of "MK2 is the best anyone who says otherwise sucks" it would be better received, the way you say things seem really dickish..

nwo

Noob
too hard to challenge people at anything relevant, so why dont you join me in my 25 year old game because all these new games are too scary
I've never played MK9. By the time it came out on PC, it had already came and went.

Status
Not open for further replies.