What's new

Question MK2 Sponsors?

Would you be interested in seeing all the best MK2 players battle each other in lag-free conditions?

• YES!

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • NO.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
MKillBill suggested I start a thread on here about this, so here it is.

with REO winning the MK2 tournament recently at NEC, maybe there can be some way in the future for MK2 players to get sponsored, so that all the top players can attend the big tournaments? Reo is the most famous MK player out there. him being active in the MK2 community maybe will pull some outside interest back into MK2, the greatest MK game ever made.

personally I could care less about any prize money, but it would be awesome to be able to participate in the biggest tournaments. and best of all, meet all my MK2 friends that I've been playing for years.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
As much as I'd personally love for this to happen since it would save me so much money flying across country, the likelihood of MK2 gaining sponsorships is about as slim as ever. UMK3, which has a bigger following, doesn't even have sponsorships. It all comes down to the latest craze and demand, which, right now, is MK9.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
As much as I'd personally love for this to happen since it would save me so much money flying across country, the likelihood of MK2 gaining sponsorships is about as slim as ever. UMK3, which has a bigger following, doesn't even have sponsorships. It all comes down to the latest craze and demand, which, right now, is MK9.
what's MK9? ;)

yeah chances are slim, but we can always hope...

what's MK9? ;)

yeah chances are slim, but we can always hope...
I was wrong when I told you REO was sponsored. He informed me that he actually wasn't sponsored, so if REO can't get sponsored for MK9 then there is no way in hell any of us MK2 players will. Pick up Street Fighter if you wanna get sponsored.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
I was wrong when I told you REO was sponsored. He informed me that he actually wasn't sponsored, so if REO can't get sponsored for MK9 then there is no way in hell any of us MK2 players will. Pick up Street Fighter if you wanna get sponsored.
guess we all shoulda been football players instead :rolleyes: