What's new

General/Other MK2 Smoke Costume Still Has OTG Smoke Bomb

SWBeta

TYMCP 1 and 2 Creator
FYI.

Test it and see. MK2 Smoke costume will be banned in tourneys, just like the MK3 Cyrax outfit until NRS patches it.

cabibi

Noob
FYI.

Test it and see. MK2 Smoke costume will be banned in tourneys, just like the MK3 Cyrax outfit until NRS patches it.
smh.

God I hate NRS lol. I love the Mk2 costume, but I'm not going to be like those cyrax players that choose the mk3 costume just to use the bomb trap. Maybe I'll just use the alternate just for those cyrax players lol.

Does the ex smoke bomb still do 10% unscaled damage, and is the air tp punch still having the post patch drop down speed?

cabibi

Noob
I actually don't like the pre-patched version anymore lol. OTG was over rated... I'll take the quicker recovery off of wiffed air tp punches, and the 10% OTG EX bomb over the OTG throw any day.

You can block the enhanced bomb... not a worthwhile trade in my book. The only thing I'm missing is the air tele recovery, and tbh it's not very noticeable.

I'll be playing mk2 smoke until they fix it, lol. Great to have him back.

Dan

KomboMaker
You can block the enhanced bomb... not a worthwhile trade in my book. The only thing I'm missing is the air tele recovery, and tbh it's not very noticeable.

I'll be playing mk2 smoke until they fix it, lol. Great to have him back.
Agreed!

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
Coming from someone who doesn't play Smoke, I'm sooooo glad this is back for MK2 Smoke only.
This is extremely nice for casual play, and it fixes the complaining that's gone on since removing the OTG.

This is how Smoke is supposed to be, it gives him such a different combo flow from other characters and make Smoke a refreshing character to fight, or play as.
It's OK if it's banned in tournaments...I can understand that, but it's just so nice to have the Real MK9 Smoke back.
(really it's only 4% to 6% damage difference, 42% is current smokes best meterless combo, and OTG smoke gets 46%, or 48% if he's lucky in landing a second OTG ball, this means he's just a different kind of combo flow to see and use, OTG Smoke is more fun to fight and play as, that's the point, I'd be fine with a scaling change to make it 42% and 44% w/2nd OTG ball)

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
can we post this stuff to someone at NRS's twitter or something? You know, to MAKE SURE they're hearing us? Bring back OTG. I want combos of jks back.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
I want them to put the smoke otg back too, but I still love the faster recovery and the 10% unblockable damage of a EX smoke cloud after air throw better.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Keep it all! I want my cake and to eat it too. What else are you supposed to do with cake.