What's new

Match-up Discussion MK2 Scorpion VS Baraka

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
VS

Rules of this discussion:
  • You may contribute anything that will further the interest and understanding of the matchup. This includes strategies, videos, combos, etc.
  • Feel free to answer the default questions posed in the first reply, though you are not required to do so.
  • Please keep the discussion focused on the two characters in question.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Scorpion can play a mix of offense and defense here. aaRHs can be difficult against Baraka, but certainly possible if the spacing is right. Well-timed spears (analog especially) will be a big help against a tank Baraka. Do not jump in against Baraka unless done as a crossover since Baraka will shred your ass. If you want, try jumping and immediately teleporting. Don't be predictable with it, or the ensuing block will lead to a shredder anyway. Playing defensively probably works out a little better since Scorpion can telepunch all blade sparks. The key to winning is to frustrate the Baraka player into making mistakes.

Baraka does his best work up close. The problem is getting inside. Staying grounded is key as you do not want to give Scorpion a chance to aaRH or air throw you. If you do get airborne, try to JP instead of JK as it's even harder to counter. If you can trap Scorpion in a corner, go to town on him with all sorts of CQC. If you run into a chronic turtler, you can start off with a blade spark for chip damage. Carefully advance toward him and get a life lead, then back away full screen. Wait for him to attack, stand block in anticipation of a teleport, and punish with blade swipe, JK for maximum damage.

It's a tough matchup for both players, but Scorpion can control things with his turtling game. 6.5-3.5, Scorpion.

Last edited:

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
I absolutely hate this match with Baraka. Too many matches vs JoeBlak ;) I'd rather fight Mileena with Baraka anyday!

Turtle Scorpions can frustrate the hell out of my Baraka. Obviously if Scorpion doesn't stay away from Baraka, he's in trouble here.
Actually though MKillBill, with Scorpion, crossovers are not safe- Baraka can buffer the shredder and catch him in mid-air.
Baraka can't do much vs a Scorpion that runs away all day long. All blade sparks will be telepunched. Walking in is a risk as Scorp can telepunch at any time. And jumping can get you anti-aired, or Scorpion can just teleport away from Baraka anyway.

This should be a closer match considering Baraka and Scorpion are very close on the tier list.
As it is, with Baraka's inability to close the gap on Scorpion at his best, I give this to Scorpion 7-3.

Phaenon

Noob
This one can be pretty dull depending on the dispositon of the players. What I find ends up happening the most is both characters just turtling since neither baraka or scorpion want to close distance or risk CQC.

Reactions: MKB