What's new

Match-up Discussion MK2 Reptile VS Scorpion

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
VS

Rules of this discussion:
  • You may contribute anything that will further the interest and understanding of the matchup. This includes strategies, videos, combos, etc.
  • Feel free to answer the default questions posed in the first reply, though you are not required to do so.
  • Please keep the discussion focused on the two characters in question.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
In this battle of male ninjas, we find that the green hooded one has his work cut out for him (as usual)...

Scorpion's biggest asset is his ability to play keep away and punish almost all of Reptile's arsenal. If he gets a life lead, Reptile will be hard pressed to get into Scorpion's domain. From a defensive standpoint, counter all jump-ins with aaHP spear, uppercut (or aaRH.) You can also play full-screen turtle, wait for an acid spit or forceball, then telepunch. Counter all slides with an uppercut. The only thing to watch out for is the invisibility. If this happens, open your ears up and listen for a jump-in or a slide and punish as appropriate. If Reptile doesn't make a move while invisible, I recommend a telepunch into a throw (if he's ducking.) Throwing a spear will likely result in a slide punish. If you want to go on offense, go for it. Use crossover pressure while mashing block for an air throw.

Reptile can use the acid spit a little more here than most matches as an acid spit will break up a spear toss. The acid comes out fast enough that even if Scorpion jumps it, Reptile can recover and block in time. Don't be afraid to slide, but of course don't get predictable with it or you will get punished. Invisibility is key here. Don't toss projectiles from full-screen or you will get telepunched. Once invisible, go on the aggressive or play defensively and wait for a mistake then punish. Counter jump-ins with aaRH and punish missed spears with a slide.

A smart Reptile player that can go invisible has a puncher's chance, but that's about it. Scorpion's defense is just too strong for Reptile overall. Scorpion takes this 7-3.
  • How can Reptile penetrate Scorpion's defense?
  • Should Scorpion play aggressive or just wait for mistakes?
  • Best option for Reptile from invisibility?

Last edited:

Sub0's-Icy-Balls

Frozen Death (ANTI-TIERIST)
this isn't that awful. Rep needs to stay invisible and wait for scorp to make a mistake. That is why I really enjoy fighting scorp, he really has to bring the fight to his opponent, and all his moves are easily punishable (except for the air throw). I would still give an elite scorp the advantage, but it's more like 7-3, or even 6-4 with a savage Reptile.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
I agree with Sub0- this isn't that bad of a match for Reptile. If he goes invisible, he's in charge of the match. Also, since it's ninja vs ninja, they are totally even up close. So if you're better with CQC than your opponent, you can tear them apart up close.

Still, a turtley Scorpion will be pretty tough for Reptile, as Scorpion will just wait on everything Reptile does and telepunch etc. Personally, I'd rather fight Scorpion with Reptile than Cage or Baraka. Those 2 can destroy Reptile up close, but here, Reptile can be aggressive if he gets in close.

At a high level, I'd say this is 7-3 for Scorpion, possibly 6-4. Fusion's Reptile could hold it's own vs anyone's Scorpion.