What's new

Match-up Discussion MK2 Mileena VS Scorpion

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
VS

Rules of this discussion:
  • You may contribute anything that will further the interest and understanding of the matchup. This includes strategies, videos, combos, etc.
  • Feel free to answer the default questions posed in the first reply, though you are not required to do so.
  • Please keep the discussion focused on the two characters in question.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Although Mileena will usually have her way with the male ninjas most of the time, Scorpion definitely has the best chance to pull off a few victories out of the bunch.

Mileena will need to be very careful with jump-in attacks as she is very susceptible to aa combos from Scorpion. Blocked telekicks and rolls can lead to aaHP, spear, uppercut (or worse if cornered.) She also needs to be careful about spamming sais as Scorpion can teleport away and possibly land a spear if caught high enough in the air. A ground assault is best advised for the Mileena player here; getting in close and enforcing her superior CQC to get Scorpion in a crouch-blocking position ASAP.

Scorpion on the other hand is obviously looking for block and counter opportunities. As summoning can demonstrate with ease, a telekick can be punished with a well timed RH (or blocked and punished via other means.) Scorpion basically owns the air here and should be eager to meet Mileena in the air with an air throw, or a JK, teleport, spear, uppercut. If Scorpion is within sweep range, he always needs to be wary of a sweep or a possible sneak-roll. Crossovers work well, but of course don't be predictable with them. And, of course, DO NOT GET CORNERED.

An elite Scorpion can give Mileena a lot of problems, but most of the time this turns out to be somewhere in the realm of 7-3 Mileena.
  • Best option for punishing a failed Mileena special?
  • How can Mileena get in close given Scorpion's teleports?
  • How can Scorpion pressure Mileena here?

Last edited:

summoning

Noncompliance to ASTM F 899-12 Standard
Another one of my fav matchups In the game. I'm looking for a few mistakes vs a milenna player.

A) unnecessary telekicks (go ahead and try one vs me lol)
B) a missed sia like a jump punch which is open to an AAhp (which I use my 50% combo)
C) sia spams. So I can easily teleport spear uppercut

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
Scorpion is definitely the toughest ninja for Mileena, but it's still a cake-walk for her. The threat of Scorpions specials just force her to play more cautious than against Subz or Reptile.

SCORPION
Pray you're not facing an elite Mileena! Stupid Mileenas are easy to win this match against, but you won't get any telekicks out of an elite. But elite Mileenas sai, and that is when you have to be ready to telepunch, possibly with a spear combo depending where you hit her. Aggressive is the way to go, but it's also very dangerous vs her. Crossovers (looking to air throw) are a good idea. Pressure with sweeps, try to confuse her with telepunches in the air that won't hit her if she blocks. NEVER spear from within sweep distance. Game, set and match if you do! Anti-air her jump-ins with his roundhouse, but of course watch out for quick jump forward air sai. Walk-forward spears are great, and very surprising even vs elites.

MILEENA
Staying on the ground is a good idea in this match, as it's really the only way you open yourself up to punishment. Throwing sai from the ground IS a good idea in this match. Sais from within sweep distance are usually very safe because Scorpion is usually blocking when Mileena gets near him, leery of her roll. Her sai will hit Scorpion almost no matter what he does (even if its just chip damage). If he's dumb enough to spear from within sweep, block it, then roll/jump punch/air sai, or a safer combo is roll/JK. Air sai sparingly. I only use this from around sweep distance to try to get Scorpion to roundhouse into them. NEVER telekick. I always yell at my sister for telekicking vs Scorpion. Even if Scorpion is on danger, he can easily anti-air her telekick if anticipated. Roll instead.

If you really want a good estimation of this match up, MIKECALDWELL and I did 20 matches of this last year, using Mileena for 10, and Scorpion for 10. We each blitzed the other's Scorpion 9-1 with Mileena.
This is a 9-1 match. Scorpion, per usual, gets mortalized by top tier.

summoning

Jason I think we have played online and you are real good. Online I cant play would love to play you in person ever come out to a tourney?

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
Jason I think we have played online and you are real good. Online I cant play would love to play you in person ever come out to a tourney?
Have we? Is your ps3 name summoning, or something else? Online is really frustrating because of the lag that dominates nowdays. I hate traveling, but I would love to do an in-person tournament.

Just to keep this Mileena vs Scorpion oriented, I played about 10 ranked MKAK matches today vs very good Scorpions (kevin592c, Abosco, etc), and I won 10-0.
Sporadic lag made some of them a nightmare, but overall, she has all the answers.

summoning

yep she sure does. that is my ps3 name yes

if i ever get on we can do some scorp mileens. I dont play her nor jax on purpose to sharpen my skill. I can play them but I don't

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
yep she sure does. that is my ps3 name yes

if i ever get on we can do some scorp mileens. I dont play her nor jax on purpose to sharpen my skill. I can play them but I don't
Mileena is the most fun character in MK2 IMO. But because she is so broken, I don't use her as much as I would like to. Still, she is beatable with half the cast so it's not like picking her is an automatic win. She still has to play smart vs Scorpion to win.

Yep add me, mortal_jason