What's new

Match-up Discussion MK2 Liu Kang VS Reptile

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
VS

Rules of this discussion:
  • You may contribute anything that will further the interest and understanding of the matchup. This includes strategies, videos, combos, etc.
  • Feel free to answer the default questions posed in the first reply, though you are not required to do so.
  • Please keep the discussion focused on the two characters in question.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Liu Kang likes to engage in bestiality from time to time and here is a prime example of that. If Kang plays a simple keep away game with a constant mix of high and low fireballs, along with IAF, he is virtually untouchable. Reptile will be left guessing when to slide and when to jump in. If you see a slide coming, of course, block and uppercut. Same thing with any jump-ins. If Reptile manages to go invisible, stick to the plan and keep firing fireballs. Going crazy with flying kicks will likely end up with a block and uppercut.

Reptile needs a prayer and some luck. Go invisible as soon as possible and stay grounded while moving in. Most Kang players will get frazzled and go on a kicking spree offense. Anticipate, block and RH. Roundhousing the opponent will give you more time to go back to invisible, put out a forceball, etc. When invisible, try to work inside and apply a mix of slides, crossovers, etc. If Kang low fireballs from sweep range or closer, punish with a slide. Stay in Kang's face, as hard as it will be.

Kang owns Reptile for sure, but if Kang isn't smart with his projectiles Reptile can make him pay. Still very hard for the lizard... 8-2, Kang

Last edited:

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
Give me Reptile vs Kang anyday instead of Sub or Scorp vs Liu.
Reptile's yet again in trouble in this matchup. But by far this is the easiest of the top tier for him to deal with.
With his invisibility and forceball, he can force the match vs Liu in a somewhat surprising way.
Acid spit keeps Reptile safe against anything except a low fireball or a jump kick.
He can block all low fireballs within sweep, and slide.

It's a frustrating match, in which many times you can totally outplay Liu with Reptile and still lose.
But I think it's a fun match either way.

8-2 for Kang. I've done pretty well vs scorpangel's Liu using Reptile. To me that proves Rep gets at least 2 wins.