What's new

Match-up Discussion MK2 Kung Lao VS Reptile

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
VS

Rules of this discussion:
  • You may contribute anything that will further the interest and understanding of the matchup. This includes strategies, videos, combos, etc.
  • Feel free to answer the default questions posed in the first reply, though you are not required to do so.
  • Please keep the discussion focused on the two characters in question.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Kung Lao has free reign to do almost anything he wants here. Bullet kicks will stop most of the acid spit spam, but they have to be quick or Lao could eat an uppercut. Bullet kicks are advised anyway to get past Reptile's aaRH defenses. Slides get snuffed by a whirlwind spin (if anticipated) and the CQC game is far in Lao's favor as well. If Reptile goes invisible, throw a low hat (since he'll likely be ducking,) teleport to find him or use a whirlwind spin (expecting a jump-in) for big damage.

Reptile needs to be unpredictable and elusive, like just about every other matchup. Try to go invisible and look for a teleport. Uppercut when Lao re-appears. Reptile can't just duck and wait for a mistake because Lao's low hat toss will find him. Look to slide or jump-in and then sweep, RH, crossover, etc.

Lao's in-your-face offense makes it very hard for Reptile to go invisible, let alone do much. Lao wins this 8-2.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
Yeah another rough match for Reptile.
Still a pretty fun one though, despite the disparity.
Again the key for Reptile is the invisibility. That's the only time he can control the match in any way.
I got a win once against KanoMK2's unbelievably sick Lao, and I assure you it was because I went invisible and got a little lucky.

Lao wins 8-2.