What's new

Match-up Discussion MK2 Kitana MIRROR

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
VS

Rules of this discussion:
  • You may contribute anything that will further the interest and understanding of the matchup. This includes strategies, videos, combos, etc.
  • Feel free to answer the default questions posed in the first reply, though you are not required to do so.
  • Please keep the discussion focused on the two characters in question.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
Welcome to mortal_jason's playground: a Kitana mirror.
I take this one seriously, and any challenges from other Kitanas are usually met swiftly and with a head chop.
Without giving away too many of my strategies, here are a few tips to improve your skills in Kitana mirrors:

DO's:

- Learn instant fan moves. Even if the Instant Air Fan throw is too difficult to master, doing an Instant Fan Raise is something anyone can do. Instant fan moves will give you an advantage over nearly every other Kitana you face.

- Anticipate jump-ins and Fan Raise your opponent. Incredibly, the Fan Raise sets up a 100%+ infinite combo for Kitana.
But, more realistically, you should be able to get around 50% off your opponent's health everytime you hit them with a Fan Raise combo. And make that 75% if you catch your opponent in a corner.

- Use her sweep kick. I would say about 90% of Kitana mirror matches are won by the person who lands the most sweep kicks successfully.

- A mix of punches, kicks, low toes, fan swipes, elbows and sweeps should be enough to puree any opponent up close.

DON'T's:

- Square Wave Punch from afar. Your opponent can punish you big time, with either a simple uppercut, or a Fan Raise.

- Jumping at a blocking or crouching Kitana is a no-no. If you do this against good Kitanas, you won't last long after they counter it with a Fan Raise, etc.

- Avoid corners. With your back to the wall, your only thought will probably be to escape. Your opponent knows this, and if Kitana catches you in a Fan Raise near the corner, it's gonna hurt.

- Don't just jump back all game long and throw Air Fans. Eventually you end up in a corner, and, see above if you need a reminder why that's a bad idea!

KITANA STATS (according to mortal_jason):

Tier Rank: 5
Best Special: Fan Raise
Worst Special: Ground Fan Toss
Best Normal: Sweep kick
Worst Normal: Roundhouse
Awesome Kitana Players To Youtube: MIKECALDWELL, KanoMK2, me if you're bored!