What's new

Match-up Discussion MK2 Baraka MIRROR

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
VS

Rules of this discussion:
  • You may contribute anything that will further the interest and understanding of the matchup. This includes strategies, videos, combos, etc.
  • Please keep the discussion focused on the two characters in question.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
This is one of the least exciting mirrors IMO because Baraka is a pretty straight-forward character.
You won't see any crazy teleports or giant combos in this match.
Nevertheless, here are some suggestions for this matchup:

DOs:

- Jump kick and jump punch, but selectively. Baraka's Normals are as good as his Specials, and his JK/JP are no exception.

- Anti-air all jump-ins with either the shredder, or a roundhouse.

- Pressure up close with blade swipes, crouch punches, double kicks, etc. Baraka is a beast when it comes to CQC.

- Arguably armed with the best sweep in MK2, use this often. From about mid-screen and closer, you will sweep your opponent out of all of his blade sparks.

DON'Ts:

- Don't feel like just because you have a great JK and JP, that you're indestructable. Baraka has great anti-airs, so time all jumps intelligently.

- Blade Sparks should only be shot from afar. Shooting them close will get you swept.

- Putting yourself in a corner vs Baraka means you're in trouble. The shredder has great range, and when your opponent does it to you while you're trapped, it can be blocked but not punished.

- Do not play exclusive defensive. Baraka's aggression will be rewarded in a mirror.

BARAKA STATS: (according to mortal_jason)

Tier Rank: 8
Best Special: Shredder
Worst Special: Blade Spark
Best Normal: Sweep Kick
Worst Normal: Low Toe
Awesome Baraka Players To Youtube: Let me know if you find them! Great players don't main Baraka in my experience...

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
TheDAEGAN was one of the best Baraka players around back when he played. I wasn't bad with Baraka when I played hardcore, but I don't play enough right now to warrant serious consideration.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
TheDAEGAN was one of the best Baraka players around back when he played. I wasn't bad with Baraka when I played hardcore, but I don't play enough right now to warrant serious consideration.
Yes I've often heard his name mentioned with Baraka. Wish I could have played him!