What's new

MK11's roster website FULL base roster - Still 29 spots

JINNOCIDE

I only show up when a new game's around
UPDATE: They added Frost.

I often check the Mortal Kombat 11's roster website to see if they added new characters. After today's Kast they did.

Notice that the only one missing is Frost, yet they kept the 29 slots but with a change, now there's 2 locked slots between the characters and 3 at the final line. Before it was 4 at the bottom row.

The new addition to the roster are:

Cetrion
BALANCED

Elder Goddess of Virtue, Guardian of Life. When Shinnok threatened to conquer the Elder Gods, Cetrion cast him into the Netherrealm. Her blessings answer the prayers of warriors battling against darkness. But at times, the heroic virtues she upholds are at odds with her quest for universal balance.

Kollector
RANK

Tribute collector for the Outworld Empire. Born into poverty, the Kollector seized his imperial collections duty with a zeal that impressed Shao Kahn. He stole riches from Outworld’s people, rewarding himself with wealth and status in turn. He’ll kill anyone to keep it.

Kitana
IDENTITY

10,000-year-old assassin and Princess of Outworld. Shao Kahn married Kitana’s mother and raised Kitana as his loyal heir, concealing the truth that he murdered her father to conquer Edenia. Now that this truth is out, Kitana is on a quest to avenge her father’s name.

Frost
DEFIANCE
Grandmaster Sub-Zero’s most dangerous apprentice. When Sub-Zero made historic peace with his clan’s enemy, Scorpion, defiant Frost challenged her Grandmaster as unfit to lead. Sub-Zero defeated and banished Frost. For years, she sought the power to destroy him. Now she has it.

Please keep in mind that, even though the website updated and kept the 29 slots, Derek already said is probably a website malfunction.

Last edited:

JINNOCIDE

On a personal note, I think that's VERY SUSPICIOUS that they updated their website AFTER Derek's statement and yet it has 29 slots. The fact that 2 locked slots are between the characters when there's only Frost left of the base roster says A LOT to me. But I'll keep my expectations low.

Last edited:
They are probably just DLC placeholders. Even though I was really hoping for more unlockable characters that weren't previously announced.

Krankk

Smoke & Noob & Rain
1. Why does the website say the roster consists out of 29 characters? (10 points)

a) The game has 4 unlockable characters (Shinnok, Shang Tsung, Rain and Mileena).
b) NRS is not capable of fixing that website bug.

2. Why were the Krypt and the Towers of Time planned as mindless grindfests? (15 points)

a) NRS is looking for ways to create replayability for their player base.
b) NRS is trying to figure out how far they can push their consumers before these stop falling for their anti consumer practices.
c) Warum liegt'n hier Stroh?

JINNOCIDE

Yes. For now, the missing slots mean DLC for me (even though is such a flawed design).

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
I know they technically didn't run it, but remember that the people running the IPS season 2 website literally could not get the stat tracker right and Honeybee had to tag them after every event with the proper standings

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
You would think a team as large as 200 designers working on it with two companies could get a small glitch fixed on a website?
I guess it's possible that the same company that has fixed huge issues in game is unable to fix websites!

I'm thinking there is another unlockable, hopefully Triborg? Maybe Duoborg in that extra slot and the 3 slots at bottom is fighter pack 1.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
The base roster is 25 (Trollboon said that officially), and the KPs are 2 with 3 fighters each. If you add the 6 DLC fighters with 25, it's roughly 31 fighters in total. If you add Shao Khan as a pre-order bonus DLC, then it's finally 32.

So I think they need some time to update the site with the real number. The locked ones are probably the DLCs. They didn't add Frost yet in there, so...

JINNOCIDE

The base roster is 25 (Trollboon said that officially), and the KPs are 2 with 3 fighters each. If you add the 6 DLC fighters with 25, it's roughly 31 fighters in total. If you add Shao Khan as a pre-order bonus DLC, then it's finally 32.

So I think they need some time to update the site with the real number. The locked ones are probably the DLCs. They didn't add Frost yet in there, so...
KPs are 3 each? What? We already know that the first KP contains 6 characters.

JINNOCIDE

They added Frost. The base roster is now complete, with these random locked slots that might be DLC down the line.