What's new

MK11's Gimped Neutral

Chernyy Volk

Wolf lord, footsie bully, chronic corner abuser.
I now love you.
There will be some idiots for sure coming here being dissenters because they aren't good enough to understand what I'm talking about here, but I'm glad there are people who either know, or they can at least see the writing on the wall. Game needs a lot of help IMO.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Okay, I watched the video, and you don't fully define footsies but only use a part of it and that fits your argument, but it's not actually true. Isn't using a dash playing footsies? You're closing in the distance so that your normal attacks will get the opponent. And it doesn't prevent your opponent from walking backwards to force a whiff or block and walk back. I did notice that some attacks have way too much range to try and whiff punish, but isn't that the point of advancing mids? And isn't that still playing footsies?

Johny players use B34 to whiff punish all the time and you don't need to dash, @FoughtDragon01

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
@Chernyy Volk posting on this website is a straight up shitshow you need to make another account or have a friend post stuff like this for you so they'll take it seriously. You've made good points that I've noticed too, but everyone is too set on trying to cyber-bully you to take you seriously.
He had some good points if he would have talked about footsies as a whole, but his own argument would have not made sense because footsies include dashes, walking backwards and walking forward. And he straight up said getting someone to whiff punish in this game is hard, like bro, are you going to defend that? that's 100% false.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
He had some good points if he would have talked about footsies as a whole, but his own argument would have not made sense because footsies include dashes, walking backwards and walking forward. And he straight up said getting someone to whiff punish in this game is hard, like bro, are you going to defend that? that's 100% false.
Especially since his main is Scorpion.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
@Chernyy Volk posting on this website is a straight up shitshow you need to make another account or have a friend post stuff like this for you so they'll take it seriously. You've made good points that I've noticed too, but everyone is too set on trying to cyber-bully you to take you seriously.
But he is wrong tho, footsies isn't a game that you play on the training mode with a stand dummy.
Footsies its a game that it has to be played by two ppl, while both are trying to reach or play on their ideal spacing with normals, both are also closing in to and backing out to close or expand the gap. Cherny shot himself in the foot when he says "This game has no footsies".

the fact that he says dash advancing normals are stupid its just plain insanity, when if he is putting himself inside one's range he can be punished just as well or even worse, he can get shimmied out which also makes part of the overall footsie game.

Cherny also has underminded his reputation with a lot of trash information, so he lost his credibility, on top of that this video its just wrong in so many levels.

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
I only watched enough to get the gist of what you were saying cuz I'm at work

I used to see fighting game neutral this way too, but a video from Sajam I cant recall the name of convinced me to see otherwise. He said 1. People think they just want a game where all they do is play footsies, and that's not at all the case. 2. People think that all there is to fighting games is footsies and that being skilled means that's what you're good at. 3. That fighting game neutral is all about walk back xx whiff punish.

We're definitely not at the level of blowing off neutral that is MvC or DBFZ, but those games do still have an intense, fast paced neutral that's a blast to play.

If all your effective normals are within crossup range, if combo starting, counterhit launching normals are +3 on block, and if throwing projectiles is the biggest gamble in the game, then we have a game that legitimately has a bad neutral. You all know what game that is, and even that one has developed a lot since then