What's new

MK11 XBL & PSN Tourney

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
The window is 2PM Eastern to 10PM Eastern so if work conflicts come up we can try to figure something out. You’re good as long as you play FT5 any time within that window. If someone is running a little behind and the other player knows/is cool with it, no DQ.

If people no show and don’t say anything or why, that would obviously be different. :)

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
Is anyone willing to practice in tourney Variations? I legit only used them twice.
And are we talking the standard moves or the trophy sets?

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
The tourney variations you can only see under kompetitive mode or under abilities for kustomize mode. (The presets) It took me a few days to figure it out, they aren’t right in front of you unless you’re under kompetitive online.
Why three Diffrent "variations"? Customs normal and tourney. Just doesn't make any sense to me:confused:

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
So like, I just saw this thread even though I was tagged in it. (Didn't get the notification)

Single Elimination... FT5?? Shiiiiit my scrub tactics can't prevail in a long set like that! I DEMAND FT2!!! :p

I don't typically do online tournaments cause I get too pissed at bad connections when shit matters, but because I like you guys, I'll sign up.

Put me in coach!

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
So PSN has a full 16 bracket. Registration will stay open until Thursday night midnight EST, but more entrants will produce extra matches. Seeding is duration of TYM membership so the newest players to the site will likely need to play an extra set if we go over. (will make more sense once I post a bracket lol)

edit: Sorry I can’t count apparently... PSN is at 15, but what I was referring to if we go over 16 will likely happen.

Last edited:

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
If there are extra sets due to odd number of entrants, we will hold those FRIDAY. Anytime 2pm-10pm EST. Same FT5 structure, winner has final seeding placed in full bracket. I will update the main post.

example: 17 entrants total, the two newest TYM members would play FT5 Friday to determine who is seeded for rest of bracket.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Currently wondering what seed means other than what I know what it means.
Determines who fights who in the first round so they can set up the bracket. Usually it's just random generated. But for this specific tournament, the longer you've been a member the higher your seed.

So

The #1 seed (oldest member) will fight the lowest seed (the newest member).

In sports this is used to try to have the better teams come out on top. Team with the best record in the bracket plays the team with the worst record in the bracket. etc

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Determines who fights who in the first round so they can set up the bracket. Usually it's just random generated. But for this specific tournament, the longer you've been a member the higher your seed.

So

The #1 seed (oldest member) will fight the lowest seed (the newest member).

In sports this is used to try to have the better teams come out on top. Team with the best record in the bracket plays the team with the worst record in the bracket. etc
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh okay that makes sense. I had no idea, I literally never entered any sort of tournament until this year XD

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
Well I was going to do random seeding and then I realized no one would know how I picked it which might not be fair. Then I was thinking by order of who registered, which is also questionable because someone could hold out long enough to be placed where they want. So I figured TYM membership since it’s a TYM exclusive tourney and you have to be a member of the site.