What's new

MK11 Wishlist -- Quality of Life Fixes

In addition to that, almost everyone learns more from being beaten by someone who is better to them but closer (so that they can realize what’s going on and adjust) than a match where they can’t even move or get anything out, and have no idea what’s going on. For somebody at Warrior rank to be playing against a God or Elder God is just silly.
100% this.

I get salty at the best of times, but a close loss to someone where the match ebbs and flows between players and you feel like you've actually got a chance at winning is much easier to take than getting pummelled on and not being able to throw out a punch.

And more to the point, it's actually fun because you don't spend the whole game just blocking. If i wanted to just hold the block button i don't need to play, i can do that any time...

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I mean, it’s fun playing against better players when your at a higher level and want to level up.

But the problem is that it’s not just the beginning of the season, it’s the whole season. Now that the sheer newness of KL has worn off, people are starting at all different times, which makes the lower ranks (basically everything below God, or maybe Demi-God) a complete mess from start to end.

I actually felt bad taking 100 points from people when I know that I don’t belong at the rank I beat them from, and that it might actually be the 3rd or 4th time it’s happened to them that night. That’s not how ranking systems are supposed to work.

In addition to that, almost everyone learns more from being beaten by someone who is better than them but closer (so that they can realize what’s going on and adjust) than a match where they can’t even move or get anything out, and have no idea what’s going on. For somebody at Warrior rank to be playing against a God or Elder God is just silly.
I understand your point of view, I'm just not that idealistic anymore.
I'll stomp people with vengeful glee especially when I pick Jade.
I won't teabag or anything of the sort, even though I don't find it offensive and don't understand why people get mad at repeated crouching, but I still enjoy destroying lower level people and adore getting destroyed by higher level people.

Anyone who takes issue with losing in a game where the outcome is 0 or 1 needs to reconsider their priorities.

This is what I would change about the game. I agree with the guy up top I think this game could be so much more if they stopped trying to hold everything back and in check in the name of balance. Balance will never happen there will always be some characters better than others but you don’t fix this by nerfing a good characters moves you fix it by making the bad characters moves better.

Stance switch should have more viability.It should also be the manual taunt button, after executing a special move or ability that hitsyou should be able to tap this and your character say one of various taunts randomly. Not only is it just a cool addition but it could have some uses one being a mind game some people get really wrapped up in a match, and after just being hit with a big combo that they swore they blocked hearing jade say “do you want more?” Could cause them to become frustrated thus leading to mistakes. Also and I touch in this later but this could be used to give the offensive meter a very small boost in recharging. Now stance switch I think could have a few different uses besides just dancing on your opponent and earning the discos not dead trophy. As I touched on in my other dissertation I think it could be used in certain circumstances as a unique mechanic to escape trap moves faster than normal. Or it could be a counter to the annoying practice of poking, allowing you to dodge a D1, D3, or B4 without blocking it. Perhaps this would be viable since poking to me is one of the most annoying things in the game. It would still have to be a read but you could punish this practice. For instance it could be used to shake off skarlets killer klot trap if pressed 6 times consecutively, or sub zeros normal ice ball and artic trap, frosts micro burst, but only slightly and I do mean slightly enough so if sub zero makes a mistake in getting there for the punish from full screen you can break out and block just barely in time. Perhaps Avoid low D3’s and D4’s, and sweep attacks (B4’s) all together without blocking would be a neat read little mechanic and counter to excessive and predictable poking being as though nobody really just raw B4 sweeps like that but a lot of people D3 and D4.
  1. General damage: As far as damage scaling goes ignore all the damage revisions and keep everything the same for the most part and make the average health 1050-1200 instead of 1000 on average this would support the changes I suggest through these dissertations. The characters like kotal Kahn, shao kahn, Raiden, should have 1200 to make up for their size and the fact they’re some of the worst characters in the game. being able to be hit with moves that don’t work on smaller female characters. Gears, and Terminator should have 1150 being as though they’re some of the best characters in the game. Everyone else should be 1100 except Sonya and Jackie they should be 1050.
  2. Offensive and defensive meters: There should be 3 meter bars for both offensive and defensive respectively which for the most part should work as they do now and recharge gradually for the first 2. The 3rd or last meter (3rd) should operate separately but work the same in tandem with the other 2 and be earned a la MKX style. You charge a 3rd defensive meter by landing hits, combos, specials, anything offensive and a 3rd offensive meter by successfully blocking hits, strings and flawless blocking. Difficult to execute combos, the amount of damage (not how many hits), and flawless blocking should play a factor in how fast these meters charge, but not everything. In general these 3rd meters do notcharge quickly or easily it’s should be pretty challenging to get 1 of each charged during a round. These bars should truly be earned not be just given. The original meters should charge slower overall I think as it stands now it takes about 15 seconds to charge a meter even when fully depleted. Both take about 20 seconds. I think they should take 18 seconds for these meters to charge and 36 if both are depleted simultaneously via breakaway or the like. Just a thought I think would bring more depth. For kids or people who need handicap make it a way to either keep the 3rd charged or have it charge like the others in the settings menu or like I stated as default.
  3. Meter burn roll: a lot of people don’t like meter burn roll and I can see what they mean when your in the punish mix a well timed MB forward roll from the opponent spells disruption and full combo punish. Kinda a get out of jail not free but cheap move...for 1 defensive bar. It should cost 2 bars one offensive and one defensive. At least for forward meter burn roll. Rolls should be temporarily immune to everything except throws andshort hop attacks as well. Short hop attacks should hit the opponent out of a roll animation.
  4. Throws: Throws are a interesting part of this game, For the most part I like the mechanic-but there are some things I would tweak about them. Teching a throw should end in neutrality mostly the person who teched the throw should be +1. I would make throws tech window 2-3 frames longer, it’s a powerful mechanic and a easy 14% for the simple press of a button. Btw I think throws should do 12% damage. Some characters 3-4 hit combos don’t produce 14% damage. On top of that it allows you to switch sides turning a corner situation around real fast. In any event I do feel they’re a little unbalanced. So I think they should make the window to tech a throw 3 frames longer. As it stands right now teching a throw off reaction is very difficult. And let’s be honest here how many times have you teched a throw simply because you were going for a d1 poke or some other move that uses 1 or 2 and teched the throw on accident? I’m sure some will try to take credit for this as skill, but I’m here to tell you as a mk11 player I tech more throws like this than anything else. The only way you’re teching a throw in this game is like I just said above, or from a good read. But even then you have a 50% guess. I think it’s already enough that you have a 50% chance to tech it either way because of having to guess back or forward throw. Plus most, not all but most characters have at least 1 throw that puts them at their ideal attack space. Teching a throw should not be easy it should be an advanced mechanic, and I don’t think making the tech throw window 3 frames more (same as flawless block) to make it more reactable is too much, you still have the 50/50 guess to deal with. Also they should do away with taking damage simply for getting grabbed if you do tech the throw, or reduce it to minuscule damage 1-2%....4% is another op mechanic with the throw for simply getting grabbed. And finally throw KB’s while useful need to do 280.00. The hit box on throws needs to be fixed throws should not be able to grab me out of a D3 or D4. The should be true highs.
  5. Uppercuts: Uppercuts do too much damage in this game instead of 14% they should do more like 10-12%. Same goes for everyone’s D2KB instead of doing 19% they need to drop a few to like 17%.
  6. Taunts:Should be optional to pick like intros and outros to be more character specific. For instance my skarlet without bloodport or Red Rain should not be seen doing this taunt or using either abilities. Also the flip stance button should be a manual taunt/talk button also, useable if pressed after a special move is performed, I would love to hit someone with a pole vault and while stabbing them in the head say “do you want more?” Perhaps taunts should charge meter a little faster? Say you use a move that just costs a bar of meter on hit if you taunt you’ll get a very small boost on the recharge of that bar. This is of course considering NRS implements my idea for taunting after landed amp special.
  7. There should be a option to adjust the AI likelihood to do a fatality, brutality, or nothing, maybe even teabag or dance. Sometimes I like them to do fatalities when I’m trying to reach a goal and others I’m like come on do you really have to fatality everyone? Oh yea and if you set the ai to play for you you shouldn’t have to press 3 after each match or rewards, it should just move along by itself after 2 or 3 seconds at least for that tower. There should also be a setting for the AI to have a stronger likelihood of flawless blocking and fb attacking.
  8. Flawless blocking-Perhaps it’s still to early in the game for this because just a month ago I thought flawless blocking was super difficult now I’ve gotten significantly better. First of all when playing the cpu they should not be flawless blocking the first hit of your attack like that. On very hard mode the computer reads your commands to flawless block the first hit of your attack a lot. That’s unrealistic, I’m all for them flawless blocking you 2nd or 3rd hit etc pretty consistently but come on it’s really hard to fb the first hit of a string and it screams the cpu is cheating. Also about the flawless block attacks, they shouldn’t cost a offensive and defensive meter, I can see perhaps a offensive meter, because it is a launcher but both is a steep price to pay You already have to have the skill to fb it that should count for your defensive meter and it should just burn a offensive bar for U2 and U3. I can understand a meter for both for the wake up attack, but the flawless block attack needs to be modified.
  9. Buffs:I think allcharacters with these 5,6,7 second buffs needs to be at least 8 seconds active.Seriously scorpions burning spear and kotal Kahn’s totems are 10-12 seconds! And I’m certainly ok with that...however most everyone else’s buffs equate to bs because they’re over with before they are applied in any way. Even really powerful buffs like Jades Dodging Shadows, as much as I hate to say it, should be 8 seconds. Nightwolfs spirit of whatever all of them need to be 8 or more seconds a piece and he should be able to stack at least 2. Maybe they’re 10 but if he stacks them they’re 8. These buffs as is are almost equate to useless, they often take an ability spot and end before even the most fast paced matches can get any true use out of them. Buffs could be hella useful and cool I like their concept, but there needs to be time to use it in actual gameplay or they become that move/moves that nobody ever uses. Make them work please 8-12 seconds depending on the buff and its abilities and other circumstances but 8 seconds at the min for everyone.
  10. Unique mechanics: depth to the gameplay can come a lot from unique mechanics especially in fighting games when besides their move set all characters tend to play the same-stuff that can be done only by a certain character, a certain way or at a certain time, under certain circumstances, and has unique results or creates a unique opportunity. MK11 does do this in instances but I challenge them to take a step further. Most of these suggestions are not for new moves all together but for addendums to already established moves to make them better. I have already laid out a few unique mechanics in my Skarlet dissertation but I have some ideas for more of these I want to share. This one I originally thought it could go along with some kind of shield or damage reduction buff, but take it as you will in any event they would be a cool addition or even its own ability, to any characters move set. There should be a move that as an addition for amp (defensive bars) and while active it should make the window to flawless block attacks double to 6 frames instead of 3, thus making flawless blocking during that buffs timeframe more a little easier and thus more likely. I also had another similar idea that would enable a character to recover from block stun quicker or reduce their block stun frames by a certain amount say for example 10 frames making some strings that were not flawless blockable before have fb gaps. The actual window to fb though would be the same 3 frames. It will not make every hit flawless blockable but it should be viable depending on frame data. In other words characters like Kabal would no longe have completely FB free strings. I fact maybe it makes sense for him to have this mechanic on one of his moves, Since he is fast and all, but it might fit a strong character as well? Shao Kahn? He could use a buff maybe as part of his dark priest move? I dont know I wasn’t going to go into who I think should have the move or not because I’m not that familiar with other characters buffs so moving along. Another idea for a character that has a reasonably weak damage reducing buff and give them 12 (on amp) seconds and make it so they take no chip damage while active. Something as small as that-little depth added and it makes the move better. In order to be viable it would have to be like I said a pretty standard damage reduction buff so the addition to the move set is welcomed, and the moves duration would need to be extended so it actually has time to work. Another one is a move that converts meter into health nothing major but not minuscule either. As little as 3 to 5% per bar (you cannot convert your 3rd bar) for a max of 20%. And you gotta be below 20%-30% to do it. Keep in mind I have not thought these ideas all the way thru for viability I’m just tossing ideas out there. Another one is the ability to prevent throwing/command grabbing for a period of time. Throws are extremely powerful in this game some characters core gameplay depend on it and since there such a large part of the gameplay overall it’s only right that they not be immune to being prevented or curbed for a period of time. I think there should be more ways to defend against command grabs in particular anyway. How about a move that scales down krushing blows to almost normal damage letting the opponent pretty much waste it.
  11. The AI: There should be a option to adjust the AI likelihood to do a fatality, brutality, or nothing, maybe even teabag or dance. Sometimes I like them to do fatalities when I’m trying to reach a goal and others I’m like come on do you really have to fatality everyone? Oh yea and if you set the ai to play for you you shouldn’t have to press 3 after each match or rewards, it should just move along by itself after 2 or 3 seconds at least for that tower. There should also be a setting for the AI to have a stronger likelihood of flawless blocking and fb attacking.
  12. Augments: make augments not gear specific, only socket specific and set caps like no more than 2 of the same augment in a load out.
  13. Come on with the stage fatalities I know they’re in there there’s no way this hungry T. rex is just standing 3 feet from us and we can’t make him eat the opponent or that these deadly animals are just being loaded onto the elevator completely ignoring the obvious meal in front of them?
  14. Game modes-There needs to be a kombat league for custom variations. I have a strong suspicion it would be far more popular than the current restrictive kombat league. This game advertised custom variations as a major point of the game, only to find out you can customize but you can’t competitively. And it sucks bad. I don’t even play kombat league for that reason. Let the characters get their full potential let us experiment with these different abilities and see what can be made of them it’s so much more fun, then having to use the moves you deem fair or tournament worthy, which I don’t agee with but I won’t go into now. No augments allowed in this mode however there should be a option in settings to allow augments equipped in local 1v1 if you want. Also the sets in kombat league need to be first to 3 instead of first to 2. It often takes most people a match to get a feel for how their opponent plays their character. Having first to 3 gives that first match the opportunity for players to feel each other out, then the next 2 decides who has the better game. Disconnecting in the end of a match before losing should have consequences nobody should be able to build a 80 game streak like this. You should only be matched up with people in your tier directly above and below. The krypt should be expanded with more interactive possibilities. Oh yea and give the crying ass Ethernet cable players their Ethernet filter.
  15. Fatal blows-plenty to do here. First if you use your fatal blow and it’s blocked or whiffs, it should be out for 15 seconds. Second you should have to throw your fatal blow out regularly with no armor, and instead it should cost a defensive and offensive meter to armor your fatal blow (L2+R2+R1) to armor. Also there shouldn’t be as much pushback on fatal blows some is fine but as is they push back way too far making punishing the almost impossible the window can stay tight but the pushback has gotta go.