What's new

Discussion MK11: What Do We Want?

No stupid kids and grandkid characters.

No interactables. Just have a fighting game.

Get with the times of the current decade and have throw teching inputs be 1+3.

Make the healthbars, menus, and character select screen look like a MK game. Not an injustice game with mk characters.

Incorporate nothing from injustice.

Allow instant air projectiles to have the first input buffered from a diagonal jump input.

You know what just release MK9 with better thought out armor, throw teching, and no bomb resets.

1. Bigger risks with the story. MKX just felt like MK9.5 to me. The casuals probably only care about Scorpion/Sub-Zero and the fatalities, don't be afraid to actually kill off some of the Klassic characters AND KEEP THEM DEAD.

2. EVERY KIND OF FATALITY EVER. INCLUDING HARA-KIRIS.

3. Konquest because, god damn, a current gen Deception like Konquest would be nuts.

4. Reiko, Fujin, old characters that never got a good enough run and could be made to feel new again like Kenshi was in MKX.

5. Ranked sets/tournament modes, etc.

6. More interesting stages. So many of them were pretty bland in MKX.

7. I actually would like to see everyone have 3 variations again. Makes things way more interesting.

8. 1, maybe 2, guest characters at most. While I thought all the guests were rad in MKX, I'd much rather have more obscure DLC like Tremor.

9. An even enough amount of alternate costumes for characters instead of the fucking poster boy getting, like, 9 or whatever.

10. Unlockable characters. More than just the one you get after beating Story Mode.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
I think the run mechanic would work better in a game like I injustice where the stages are much longer and the characters are much smaller on the screen.. we need return of footsies (dash cancels)

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Not entirely sure how I'd organize my 'wishlist' per se, there are more 'casual' aspects I could touch on such on characters, soundtrack, easter eggs and the overall presentation of the game but they're probably all set in stone by now.

So on a competitive scale, regarding things that I think would be geuninely productive for the game, I guess I can post whatever springs to mind.

1) more varied levels of punishment.

Some people may not know what I mean by this so I'll elaborate a bit more than the others. Currently the line between moves in NRS games either being completely safe on block or full combo punishable on block is very thin with few exceptions, and this has been a concern of mine all the way back to MK9. An example of this is Alien's OH flip in MKX, pre-patch a lot of characters couldn't punish it at all, which shouldn't have been the case, but making it 3 frames more negative meant almost everyone could punish it for over 30% with no resources necessary, which put the risk reward of his setplay well out of his favour.

In my absence from here I've been playing Tekken 7, and Tekken games generally handle this very reasonably by giving "jab punishers" at 10f, magic 4 kicks at 11f, knockdown punishers between 12-14f and launchers at 15f (there are some characters who's launchers are faster or slower than than 15f, but are compromised/compensated in other areas of their game)

Now NRS are probably too far into MK11's development to follow this system, and I wouldn't necessarily want them to 'Tekkenize' the game, but if some moves at least required some kind of resources before being able to get more juice out of them, it would conversely make opposing moves easier to balance.

2) Moves that have some kind of 'properties' such as crushing, armour, invincibility, aren't inherently bad, but they probably shouldn't be active as of frame 1 of said moves.

3) Variations can stay, I've already expressed in other threads that I think they should, the main concern is ensuring one variation is effected by balance changes to default/shared moves aimed towards a different variation.

4) Armoured moves, I'm personally impartial as to whether they launch or not, (more so that they're on a relatively even playing field across the cast) but this kind of thing needs to be decided before the game is released instead of forcing moves to do things that they're not inherently designed for, ruining other aspects of a moves' utility or letting other characters bend the rules with this, as we saw in the final patch of MKX.

5) Mobility options - some people have called for MK9 dash blocking to return, others don't want it to on the basis that it "looks weird". Wavedashing in Tekken isn't exactly the most aesthetically correct thing either yet has never gone away. As long as there's good upfront mobility and it's tied to some kind of restrictions (which is essentially what running was in MKX no?) then I don't really care what it looks like.

6) 1 bar block breakers - this is more of a hot take/rant than a request.

Seriously, if you're asking for this, stop it. As the name suggests, it's simply a breaker you can use on block. The only reason people do ask for this is because of pushblock in Injustice, where the entire meter system is governed drastically differently. Should clashes and wagers therefore also be in MK11 in the place of regular breakers? No? Didn't think so.

7) Above all else, can we not suddenly put the game on the back seat after 2 years, and keep going until a sequel is released, like, you know, every other community in the FGC does?

Less 50/50
No more armor on the first frames of a special move. Make it like injustice 2 meter burn b3 and f3. Mk needs this so players can't be mashing amor and blocking at the same time waiting for a gap in which the armor will come out.

If runs comes back limite the options for cancelling the run. You could make it so that you can't cancel run with a jump.

No idea how i left out dash cancels.

Dear god have dash cancels.

Injustice sucks. If you like injustice play injustice. Keep MK separate

Inzzane_79

Every time someone farts, a demon gets his wings
No idea how i left out dash cancels.

Dear god have dash cancels.

Injustice sucks. If you like injustice play injustice. Keep MK separate
And if you don´t like Injustice that´s fine but why hate on it and say it sucks?

I´m also for keeping MK and IJ separate but I like and will play both

And if you don´t like Injustice that´s fine but why hate on it and say it sucks?

I´m also for keeping MK and IJ separate but I like and will play both
I'm only speaking for myself, but im pointing out that people who like mk games hate things that injustice has, and the carry over (such as interactables, menus, healthbars, character select, and overall presentation) isnt something I want from MK.

It's pretty remarkable how much better MK9 was than anything else NRS has done since.

Israel

Noob
1) more varied levels of punishment.

Some people may not know what I mean by this so I'll elaborate a bit more than the others. Currently the line between moves in NRS games either being completely safe on block or full combo punishable on block is very thin with few exceptions
I've thought about this as well. Cuz i was thinking how that would mean making the generic combo starter for characters (which is normally jab, so in this case 10-11f) to start up with at least 12f across the board. So there would be room to leave a 10f punish for everyone that doesnt start a combo. I did notice even back in mk9, that if my opponent does a move that is -8 on block, they can still block my 7-8f d1/d3.

This change might change the whole game tho xD

vapid

cyber warlord
Ideally:

- a varied roster (good mix of 2D, 3D, MKX and new)

- a good number of stages (at least 15)

- Fujin and Havik

- plenty of skins

- lots of Krypt goodies (concept art, fan art, etc.)

- at least one robot

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
-Muh Cassie <3
-Some sort of unique customization options for characters
-Less 50/50s
-Abilities, like INJ2, but not like INJ2. Keep them all unlocked from the start, and you choose two of them when you choose your character. "Build a variation" if you will.
-Better music
-I liked the run mechanic, but I wouldn't mind seeing it sit out for this game.
-Longer story mode
-MK4 style arcade endings. Make them cutscenes
-Ranked sets pls. Also, a legit ranked system. As in bronze level, silver level, gold level and so on.
-More finishers. I'm talking Hara Kiris, Friendships, Babalities, Animalities, Mercy, and brutalities because those were hype