What's new

MK11 Universal mechanics list

** EDITED AGAIN**

Help me out guys, I can't seem to find a list of all the general moves in the game so lets make a list!

Quick hop:
tap up (do a very short tap, can only be done neutral, no forward or back, follow up with punch or kick)

Wake up moves:
1. u3 - Invincible attack (uses 1 offensive bar, and 1 defensive bar)
2. u2 - Launcher (uses 1 offensive bar, and 1 defensive bar
3. f+stance (L2) - Forward roll (uses 1 def. bar) (strike invulnerable) (throws can beat it)
4. b+stance (L2) - Back roll (same as above)
5. hold stance (L2) - Delayed wake up (it's very short, hard to tell)

Breakaway (combo breaker, sort of):
d+block (R2) while you are in a juggle state (uses 2 defensive bars)

Flawless block:
tap block just before getting hit (you won't take chip damage, there are 2 follow ups)
1. u3 - Same as wake up u3
2. u2 - Same as wake up u2

Any others?

Last edited:

STB Bodam

"Game... Blouses."
Couple things...

1. I haven't been able to do a wake-up attack or a breaker. I think I may be an idiot.

2. Does anybody have any BnBs and lists for all the special moves written down somewhere?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
I really hope they let us use training mode in beta, or at the very least let us look at the move list in the menus and NOT only during a match. The screenshots of some of the moves/normals is helpful, but we're missing out on lots of frame data.
Yeah, that’s because all the stress test is supposed to accomplish is testing the servers and matchmaking. Just like every other stress test, you only have access to all the game options and one online mode. This stress test also lets you mess around with the kustomization, which is kool.

Gamer68

Fujin!
Air escape d+R2 is the new combo breaker.
And it seems pretty good.

If you escape a combo when right when Scorpion is doing his spear, you actually have enough time to escape, get up, and get a full punish while he's still in recovery frames.

Escaping adds a new element to combos. Certain combos if escaped are really unsafe, but at the same time your opponent might read your escape and decide to drop it to stay safe or even pressure you on wake-up.

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger

If you escape a combo when right when Scorpion is doing his spear, you actually have enough time to escape, get up, and get a full punish while he's still in recovery frames.

Escaping adds a new element to combos. Certain combos if escaped are really unsafe, but at the same time your opponent might read your escape and decide to drop it to stay safe or even pressure you on wake-up.
As a Scorpion player I do not like this, lol.

The Ultimate

aka CommandThrower

I want to mention something regarding the air escape mechanic. It loses to Fatal Blow.

I was playing Baraka earlier, against a Skarlet. I did a juggle combo, and ended it with F4 into Fatal Blow. The F4 hit, and the Skarlet air escaped right as I inputted the Fatal Blow, but the Fatal Blow still connected--full animation and everything. I heard the "TING" of a move hitting against super armor, and "air escape" was on the screen. I'm afraid I have no video proof of this, so you'll have to take my word for it.

So, this may add to the mind games. Will he use his fatal blow in a juggle, and I waste all my defensive meter?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator

Yeah, gonna have to start altering my Scorpion combos because if you’re playing someone good they will air escape just before the spear and land with plenty of time to punish you.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
To paraphrase Mark Twain: "The reports of execution's death are greatly exaggerated."

As I figured it would, learning how to properly utilize the Flawless Block is gonna be crucial in stepping our game up to the next level.

STB Bodam

"Game... Blouses."
To be more specific, D+Block. Because my R2 isn’t my block button.
Ohhhh!

No wonder.. I'm trying to straight up do a regular Combo Breaker the way it has been for what, over 10 years now? I can't believe I haven't caught that Breakers are no longer a thing in all the coverage of the game that I've watched.

Thanks guys!

STB Bodam

"Game... Blouses."
Is it just me or does it just seem like the wake-ups are off? I haven't found a good use for them. I wish they would've kept the old wake-up attack system in place. These universals just haven't clicked with me.