What's new

TYM MK11 League (Xbox)

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder

PreNerf_

No labels
We had a few people that can’t play this weekend so we are going to wait until after Nightwolf drops, and give everyone a little longer to work with the new patch.

You sure can!

Not yet, shooting for next weekend.
Good cause I need to pick up another character. Not only did they Nerf shang, but I played great bunny's kollector and I'm pretty sure with the new string, the teleport and the f3,123 he completely shuts down shang tsungs options. His kollector is rediculous.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
Good cause I need to pick up another character. Not only did they Nerf shang, but I played great bunny's kollector and I'm pretty sure with the new string, the teleport and the f3,123 he completely shuts down shang tsungs options. His kollector is rediculous.
They nerfed Shang and Cetrion for literally no reason. They were good all around characters and not OP at all. Erron is mid tier at best post patch too, so I’m with the hive now. Lol

Oh and don’t worry, Bunny was good with Kollector before he became one of the best in the game. Lol

PreNerf_

No labels
Good cause that's all I was saying yesterday in the shang general thread, that instead of getting 3-4 touches i have to work twice as hard to get 5-6 touches and that I was super upset cause I always won more matches than I lost in high level kl and now it's so hard to win with him it's stupid. Watching me outplay my opponents and two or three more good reads than them and then losing to someone that has a 15% life lead at the end of the match knowing I would have one the match two combos earlier, given that they wouldn't have nerfed his damage so hard. I just mentioned it in the general discussion thread and people started picking fights with me. I just said that if they are just trying to pick fights than quit tagging me in this shit.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
Good cause that's all I was saying yesterday in the shang general thread, that instead of getting 3-4 touches i have to work twice as hard to get 5-6 touches and that I was super upset cause I always won more matches than I lost in high level kl and now it's so hard to win with him it's stupid. Watching me outplay my opponents and two or three more good reads than them and then losing to someone that has a 15% life lead at the end of the match knowing I would have one the match two combos earlier, given that they wouldn't have nerfed his damage so hard. I just mentioned it in the general discussion thread and people started picking fights with me. I just said that if they are just trying to pick fights than quit tagging me in this shit.
I don't play him much but I know Shang very well and you're 100% right.

And don't worry about what anyone else is saying. There are some great people on here for sure, but there will always be people out looking for trouble because it's the internet. Lol

PreNerf_

No labels
I don't play him much but I know Shang very well and you're 100% right.

And don't worry about what anyone else is saying. There are some great people on here for sure, but there will always be people out looking for trouble because it's the internet. Lol
Dude I know this is the wrong place to post this but my ex is playing the mobile game and she was showing me a support kard and it was something realllly interesting. A new character, goros father gorback. Hmmmm lol. Possibly mk11 dlc? https://mortalkombat.fandom.com/wiki/King_Gorbak

PreNerf_

No labels
They nerfed Shang and Cetrion for literally no reason. They were good all around characters and not OP at all. Erron is mid tier at best post patch too, so I’m with the hive now. Lol

Oh and don’t worry, Bunny was good with Kollector before he became one of the best in the game. Lol
I actually was playing around with her before the patch, but it was so hard to get her f13 out cause it was so slow. She is definitely an amazing character now. Thinking if picking her up too.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)

I know Shang got 4-6% nerf And I think it was to much of a nerf. He was definitely good before and has some of the best tools in the game but I'm sure the damage hurts him. I feel he is still viable mid tier But not sure since alit of characters got adjustments. I'm hoping they do more hotfixes to give him at least 3 more % on F24/114/B3U4/B11 combos. If they bump it up to about 29-33% per combo I think he will be great. There are some saying he is unviable but I'm not sure its still early. Found 40% KB combos And he still gets pretty good damage on Soulsteal combos.
Dreamcatcher where would you say Shang is on the tier lists? Top, mid, bottom?

what happened to Cetrion?
I'm using FON now and its very good. That GPC is -4 on block and plus 18 on hit from everything and now the opponent can't jump the ground pound without getting AAed since she can cancel the first one and s1 them out of air.
Was it her rock on FB?
She has a true 50/50 that is similar to Sonya prepatch midscreen damage because of the KB tied to 213 and she can do 21xxGPC into throw or more pressure or just finish it 212.
There are multiple yomi layers of mind games in her FON now.
I haven't looked at SC yet?

D'Vorah is amazing in both variations now. Arachnophobia has 29% midscreen and awesome puddle setups with A plus 1 ob string 121 and her B34 combos from midscreen and is +1 on block if done from range.
The buzzed variation has so much stuff now. 4 strings/buttons that are plus on block +1 to +4.
She has amazing setplay and poop bugs now connect automatically by instantly doing B34 and she has legit HTBs in both variations and insane pressure. I almost think they are both high tier.

Kollector is very strong. 28% into restand midscreen off anything and massive range with 443 being a launcher on top I'd that he has some if the best zoning now with F3123 throwing out mids on Wiff and he can go through breakaway with the restand 21+3 if he tines it right. The other variation has amazing zoning and they fixes the bag bomb launcher so he has excellent zoning and combos. Tools everywhere.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
I know Shang got 4-6% nerf And I think it was to much of a nerf. He was definitely good before and has some of the best tools in the game but I'm sure the damage hurts him. I feel he is still viable mid tier But not sure since alit of characters got adjustments. I'm hoping they do more hotfixes to give him at least 3 more % on F24/114/B3U4/B11 combos. If they bump it up to about 29-33% per combo I think he will be great. There are some saying he is unviable but I'm not sure its still early. Found 40% KB combos And he still gets pretty good damage on Soulsteal combos.
Dreamcatcher where would you say Shang is on the tier lists? Top, mid, bottom?

what happened to Cetrion?
I'm using FON now and its very good. That GPC is -4 on block and plus 18 on hit from everything and now the opponent can't jump the ground pound without getting AAed since she can cancel the first one and s1 them out of air.
Was it her rock on FB?
She has a true 50/50 that is similar to Sonya prepatch midscreen damage because of the KB tied to 213 and she can do 21xxGPC into throw or more pressure or just finish it 212.
There are multiple yomi layers of mind games in her FON now.
I haven't looked at SC yet?

D'Vorah is amazing in both variations now. Arachnophobia has 29% midscreen and awesome puddle setups with A plus 1 ob string 121 and her B34 combos from midscreen and is +1 on block if done from range.
The buzzed variation has so much stuff now. 4 strings/buttons that are plus on block +1 to +4.
She has amazing setplay and poop bugs now connect automatically by instantly doing B34 and she has legit HTBs in both variations and insane pressure. I almost think they are both high tier.

Kollector is very strong. 28% into restand midscreen off anything and massive range with 443 being a launcher on top I'd that he has some if the best zoning now with F3123 throwing out mids on Wiff and he can go through breakaway with the restand 21+3 if he tines it right. The other variation has amazing zoning and they fixes the bag bomb launcher so he has excellent zoning and combos. Tools everywhere.
I think Shang is lower mid-tier now. His lack of damage adds up and he needs at least another good touch to win against most of the cast. Same with Cetrion, but a little higher. She requires more touches, and just about no one falls for the up boulder at a high level. (not common anyway)

I really tried to like FoN but the damage is terrible. You're talking low 20's for anything not off a D2 KB or without FB, that's pretty rough. It's a 95% zoning/5% mix variation, even with the Earthquake changes. I do like the shattering boulder KB but it's so slow and reactable, like 42 startup? AND the input is super touchy for some reason. So playing mind games with earthquake cancel and hoping to anti-air for what, 180 additional damage? Not worth it to me, they dropped the ball IMO. Building a char around KB's if their average damage isn't great is fine, but if they are tricky KB's to get then it kinda defeats the purpose and takes away value.

Lovin' D'Vorah though! Looking like my new main, along with Nightwolf right around the corner. :)

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I think Shang is lower mid-tier now. His lack of damage adds up and he needs at least another good touch to win against most of the cast. Same with Cetrion, but a little higher. She requires more touches, and just about no one falls for the up boulder at a high level. (not common anyway)

I really tried to like FoN but the damage is terrible. You're talking low 20's for anything not off a D2 KB or without FB, that's pretty rough. It's a 95% zoning/5% mix variation, even with the Earthquake changes. I do like the shattering boulder KB but it's so slow and reactable, like 42 startup? AND the input is super touchy for some reason. So playing mind games with earthquake cancel and hoping to anti-air for what, 180 additional damage? Not worth it to me, they dropped the ball IMO. Building a char around KB's if their average damage isn't great is fine, but if they are tricky KB's to get then it kinda defeats the purpose and takes away value.

Lovin' D'Vorah though! Looking like my new main, along with Nightwolf right around the corner. :)
Even though I don't LIke some of the nerfs and felt they where unjustified I feel the cast is more balanced and most are closer to mid tier. Overall good changes but yes some where sketchy to say the least.

I actually feel FON is A tier but that may be the way I play her. I'm not really zoning with her much just pressure on pressure. She has some if not the best staggers in the game now s1(+3), s1(-2)11(-1), s2(-2), 21(-1)
Amazing range and AA's, great mids and 10f low that can be canceled, D3 & D4 low profile, Ground Pound is an amazing special and zoning tool as well as pressure tool now since it can be canceled. GP used to be punishable by everyone now its strong.
I don't play SC or have never so I can't say much for it.
She is very good in this meta, as lame as it can be she can make the opponents guess all day and has very good range with tools for just about everything.

Kotal seems much better now and that totemic buff to cat is crazy good vs zoners.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
Even though I don't LIke some of the nerfs and felt they where unjustified I feel the cast is more balanced and most are closer to mid tier. Overall good changes but yes some where sketchy to say the least.

I actually feel FON is A tier but that may be the way I play her. I'm not really zoning with her much just pressure on pressure. She has some if not the best staggers in the game now s1(+3), s1(-2)11(-1), s2(-2), 21(-1)
Amazing range and AA's, great mids and 10f low that can be canceled, D3 & D4 low profile, Ground Pound is an amazing special and zoning tool as well as pressure tool now since it can be canceled. GP used to be punishable by everyone now its strong.
I don't play SC or have never so I can't say much for it.
She is very good in this meta, as lame as it can be she can make the opponents guess all day and has very good range with tools for just about everything.

Kotal seems much better now and that totemic buff to cat is crazy good vs zoners.
Yeah Kotal is much better than people are saying... the cat moves don't seem to have great priority but they're very useable now. That parry buff helps keep him safe on strings cancelled into if you can't hit confirm into a finisher too.

Ya that's how I feel playing the Jade- Baraka matchup. Jades gotta constantly be playing well and making good reads cuz Baraka only needs to get in once for all that work to be undone

PreNerf_

No labels
Ya that's how I feel playing the Jade- Baraka matchup. Jades gotta constantly be playing well and making good reads cuz Baraka only needs to get in once for all that work to be undone
Ask my brother to show you how he plays Jade against baraka. Before shang came out I was maining baraka and he spaces himself so we'll that you can't even get in. Not that great with baraka now but, maybe I can play a few matches with him and he can play Jade and we'll post it for you.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
Ask my brother to show you how he plays Jade against baraka. Before shang came out I was maining baraka and he spaces himself so we'll that you can't even get in. Not that great with baraka now but, maybe I can play a few matches with him and he can play Jade and we'll post it for you.
I'm curious, is he playing ED or the buffed Jaded? That pressure with the new kick being +3 on block is insane.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
That was a while back but he was playing the first variation not the new buffed one.
Gotcha. Yeah I could see urgent spacing and glow needed for that MU for sure. I really want to lab that Jaded vari more and try to pick it up, I'm a rushdown OG. Lol

Imma be on vacation for the next three day. Kinda sucks that I didn't get more time with nightwolf, but it's all good cuz I think he's fucking awesome! I love his kombos I think hes got sick neutral! Imma most likely be back this Friday night. As always I'm down to play anyone that wants for casuals and such.
I AmTheNightWolf