What's new

mk11 stance switching should do more?

should stance switching have an use in the next Mk game?examples:
  • Different frames on combos(frame change on different side).
  • some combos can only be performed while stance switching(example: f12 stance switch f12).
  • stance switch allows different combos varies on each side.
  • each stance switch should have an animation(example:reptile from a standing position to a crawling position).
  • stance switching can make weapons playable again.

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
yeah, stance switch should do more. It should go the fuck away, especially the 1+3 / 2+4 shortcuts

Lokheit

Noob
The stance switch is occuping a space that could be used for other things only because there are specific combos that are stance dependent because the hitboxes are part of the 3D models. If they had 2D hitboxes attached to the models (so you "see" the 3D action and the game registers the 2D colissions) the stance switch button wouldn't be necessary anymore.

So I don't want stance switch to "do more" because I simply want it out of the system and hopefully they will implement the proper changes in the future. 2D hitboxes are also easier on the machine (which means better performance) so it would be a win-win for both sides.

omooba

fear the moobs
druuuuuuuuuunk bruh no please god no. stance switch combos are the bane of my existence

Maybe if variation switch cost one bar, and all the stamina. It could be implemented. But it's too late to do it now. The game would change drastically if done.

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
I hope they get rid of it. They don't even have to get rid of 3D hitboxes if that is too much work (they still should), just don't make any moves cause nor the character performing it, neither the character being hit by it change stances and that should be it, right?

Sorry to ask, do you even know what frames are?
Im not sure if he knows or not, but I do know that Noob Saibot's shadow slide had different frames of startup depending on whether he was facing the same way as his opponent or not. I don't know if that is true for any other moves, but the potencial for stances to alter framedata is there.

Solomon Gorondy

Should Goro be top 5?
A character switching it's stance is needed to make certain attacks look like they function properly. Without it NRS would not be able to properly animate them or have to remove them from the game entirely. The stance change button is not actually needed as long as hit/hurt-boxes don't change.

In real life switching stances is very powerful in fact most orthodox boxers fear the southpaw.

Here's an example of a real life stance-switch combo.

Last edited:

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
The Switch Stance button would be useful to change the variation and all the inputs that each variation has. If this happened I would do this combo:

Ice Klone, SS, FJP, B12~Aura, B12~Iceball, SS, 242xxF42T~EX Hammer, F42T~Burst.

It would be around 38%. The first SS switches from Grandmaster to Unbreakable, and the second SS switches from Unbreakable to Cryomancer. I intentionally did the Burst ender, because with the Aura on gives 13% DMG.

Now, like this is useless.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
I'm just going to go ahead and say fuck that because that would make things easy harder for me as a stick player. I like using only 6 buttons, fuck L1 and L2 that is inconvenient as fuck to go to

I hope they get rid of it. They don't even have to get rid of 3D hitboxes if that is too much work (they still should), just don't make any moves cause nor the character performing it, neither the character being hit by it change stances and that should be it, right?

Im not sure if he knows or not, but I do know that Noob Saibot's shadow slide had different frames of startup depending on whether he was facing the same way as his opponent or not. I don't know if that is true for any other moves, but the potencial for stances to alter framedata is there.
yes i know what frames are

YES! Give them 3-7 invincibility frames. Imagine being on th verge of getting chipped out, then perfectly stance switch dodging through a 3 hit string and getting a full punish ala Street Fighter 3rd strike. Stance switch would go from useless to a super hype rarity in clutch play.

YES! Give them 3-7 invincibility frames. Imagine being on the verge of getting chipped out, then perfectly stance switch dodging through a 3 hit string and getting a full punish ala Street Fighter 3rd strike. Stance switch would go from useless to a super hype rarity in clutch play with a high skill and frame data knowledge requirement to use efficiently.