What's new

MK11 Sonya Blade General Discussion

AU_SUCK

MEOW
Blocks late i think?
I mean set the training dummy to stand block and do it and it still doesn’t trigger. I even tried it with the recording doing it to me to make sure I’m not letting off block and nothing. It must be intentional because they thought b12 or b1xxLeg grab must have been too easy of a mixup???? Idk but its lame it’s not like you can do it more than once.....

Dedlock

Noob
Yeah that ex leg breaker q
I mean set the training dummy to stand block and do it and it still doesn’t trigger. I even tried it with the recording doing it to me to make sure I’m not letting off block and nothing. It must be intentional because they thought b12 or b1xxLeg grab must have been too easy of a mixup???? Idk but its lame it’s not like you can do it more than once.....
Agreed, basically Sonya's only consistent fatal blow is her energy rings amplified second.

Outsider here. I was just wondering if after blocking sonya's f3 is there anything you can do if she goes into d3 or do you just have to hold both buttons? I would get grabbed when I'd be ready to block the d3 at times. Is it a true mixup?

Outsider here. I was just wondering if after blocking sonya's f3 is there anything you can do if she goes into d3 or do you just have to hold both buttons? I would get grabbed when I'd be ready to block the d3 at times. Is it a true mixup?
I think it's what's called a frame trap or jailing. She's plus on block of the F3, so she always gets a free throw off of it and any moves which are faster than the block stun would automatically hit as well. I don't know if there are any of those, but you'd need to have a quick reaction and pretty much just guess correctly if she does anything else.

Elias6999

Mournful Master
Sonya absolutely DESTROYS Jade lololol. Her drone drop (not the drone call) does not count as a projectile, and it negates Jade’s glow. She only poses a minimal thread because she outfootsies Sonya at sweep distance (but is in danger up close). Also, Jade can BARELY reach like 180 damage when punishing Sonya, so you don't have to worry about B123 being punished :D

Easily a 6-4 matchup, maybe a 7-3. The only (minimal) threat Jade poses is her good footsies, although she does no damage at all lol. I would avoid staying at sweep distance from her though, either zone her with rings and drop to negate glow, or stay on top of her.

EDIT: Also, you can pretty much punish all her strings for full combo aside from 124, 212, and B3434, her frames are terrible :D

HiddenSelectCounterPick

Crossplay Username: PlayingNeutral
Sonya absolutely DESTROYS Jade lololol. Her drone drop (not the drone call) does not count as a projectile, and it negates Jade’s glow. She only poses a minimal thread because she outfootsies Sonya at sweep distance (but is in danger up close). Also, Jade can BARELY reach like 180 damage when punishing Sonya, so you don't have to worry about B123 being punished :D

Easily a 6-4 matchup, maybe a 7-3. The only (minimal) threat Jade poses is her good footsies, although she does no damage at all lol. I would avoid staying at sweep distance from her though, either zone her with rings and drop to negate glow, or stay on top of her.

EDIT: Also, you can pretty much punish all her strings for full combo aside from 124, 212, and B3434, her frames are terrible :D
Idk a good jade will turn it on and jump around maybe you played scrub ones, i did use the drone drop it works but slow startup on it so its ehh

MalevolentFix

haha shokan queen go down up
I just want to say: Bless this woman... Goodness she is the gameplay this game needs. Every character should feel this good. Sonya is god damn amazing, and she's intuitive as all hell. This should be the benchmark they use for characters in MK11 going forward. Everyone should be at this level, not under or way above.

ShadyHeart

Relationship with Sonya ended
Her turret has practically random frame data. It will stand wherever it wants and ranges from being punishable to plus as a result. You can kinda use it to your advantage since your opponent can't tell how safe/unsafe you are, especially with the different options at your disposal. It's underrated imo.

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure

I was actually looking to run this. Do you play Sonya well? I can play Jade

Elias6999

Mournful Master
I was actually looking to run this. Do you play Sonya well? I can play Jade
I’m pretty good with Sonya, although I must say I live in Asia and our connection wouldn’t be so good, but I’m down to try if I’m awake at midnight or something lol.

Also, I’m pretty sure the matchup is a 6-4, and not a 7-3, because the range Jade plays best at is the range at which Sonya struggles as I’ve noticed, but you shouldn’t really face this problem as Jade has bad wakeups and staying on top of her is really easy as D3 probably low profiles jade’s U3, and Sonya probably wins the zoning war as I’ve said before.

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
I’m pretty good with Sonya, although I must say I live in Asia and our connection wouldn’t be so good, but I’m down to try if I’m awake at midnight or something lol.

Also, I’m pretty sure the matchup is a 6-4, and not a 7-3, because the range Jade plays best at is the range at which Sonya struggles as I’ve noticed, but you shouldn’t really face this problem as Jade has bad wakeups and staying on top of her is really easy as D3 probably low profiles jade’s U3, and Sonya probably wins the zoning war as I’ve said before.
I agree it's 6-4. Sonya's damage and drone drop are the game deciding factors. I do think Jade can zone her out, but most jades will use her cloaking to avoid her projectiles. Once that's established, Jade kind of has to over extend a little bit further than usual, plus her wake up options lose to a lot of meaty buttons .Like using Shadow kick more etc. Sonya just needs that one good read to get to mid range then she can play her game.

Hi guys. I could not read all the threads looking for this topic but please help me out:
What is the trick with F4 1+3 2222 string to come out on hit? I tap 2222 like madman but it does not work.

I could do it 1/20 times... after a juggle combo... I think I miss the point or I am too slow for it? :)

Hi guys. I could not read all the threads looking for this topic but please help me out:
What is the trick with F4 1+3 2222 string to come out on hit? I tap 2222 like madman but it does not work.

I could do it 1/20 times... after a juggle combo... I think I miss the point or I am too slow for it? :)
You have to start to press 2222 just before Sonya kicks the opponent in the chest.

You have to start to press 2222 just before Sonya kicks the opponent in the chest.
Thanks but I can not make it work.
Just before which hit? There is a hit from F4 and 2 hits from "throw". Before which hit? I tried all of them but could not do it yet.
I even use throw button to input insanely fast but that's not the method lol.

EDIT1: I could do it once and it was before the 3rd hit I guess. But can not do it again lol.
EDIT2: Ahh I found it. right before 3rd hit and need fast 2222 then.
It is not that easy though. :)

Thank you!

It is even worth it or rather use 0 on block restand in case of doing F4 1+3 in neutral to check button check? +60 damage and knock down is the reward for full string.
I am not an experienced Sonya player at all but interested in (I just see that 0 on block up close is probably not that good for her).

Last edited: