What's new

MK11 Single Player Modes and Grind Discussion (Towers of Time, Augments, and Krypt) - Towers are Fixed.

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
I just spent the last 2 hours trying to clear as many timed towers as I can, and lo and behold, I was able to do almost every fight without breaking a sweat. Keep in mind that this is a small sample size, and it could just be a co-incidence that every tower of time active at the moment is relatively easy, but there are universal changes that I did notice compared to pre-release. This could very well be anecdotal, so don't take your foot off the gas just yet.

Before I list the changes, keep in mind that there's a timed tower that awards you the first Summon Tower key that I've seen so far. And the summoned tower itself is quite easy, even though it mentions the difficulty as hard. I will be attaching videos with this post so you can see for yourself. Anyway, on to the changes.

1. For most of the timed tower sets, the first tower or two only consist of one or two fights.
  2. You do normal damage for the first tower of the set, and damage reduction happens incrementally as you move along the towers in the set, with your damage being the highest on the first tower, and lowest on the final tower.
  3. This might be anecdotal due to the small sample size, but most of the enemies now use tag assists where another item appears on the screen to help them, and not special move assists like missiles, lasers, or grenades. The former can't be called while the CPU is in the middle of being combo'd, but the latter can and break the player's combos. However, the former assists aren't completely gone and still exist, especially in character towers.
  4. The special forces air strike barrage assist seemingly has been changed from a volley of grenades that appear from behind the opponent, to a staggered strike of missiles that falls vertically from the sky to the ground. The new version covers more ground, but does less damage since you only get hit by one missile or two at most. Keep in mind that this may be a different assist from before and I might just be mistaking them to be the same assist.
  5. The Cache of Wealth summon tower has difficulty of hard, but all player attacks do normal/high damage.
  6. Some enemy assists not correctly show when they're off cooldown, but not all of them do. Especially ones like Tanya's Tonfa, Mileena's Sais, or Cyrax's net.
  7. Since player damage is penalized less in many towers now, single slot move assists like Nitara's bats, mileena sais or shinnok's hand flick are way more useful and damaging. You can now beat entire fights without touching the opponent with your own character if you have these assists. However, this is a rare situation and don't get complacent assuming this is a norm. See the Sub Zero fight in the video on the Cache of Wealth tower.

However, all is not well. There are some things that could be changed. Here are some off the top of my head:

1) Chaos is still the worst modifier and shouldn't exist. Any move that reverses your inputs forces you to sit there and block till the effect passes, and usually the CPU is able to read the situation and counter with a low, overhead or grab depending on the situation.

2) Some assists put you in a trap state and are still unblockable, like Bo Rai Cho gas cloud or Cyrax net. You can't see their cooldown so cannot pre-emptively avoid them. However, today I faced them only in the Summoned Cache of Wealth tower, where my damage was boosted, so I could counter them with single slot special consumables.

3) Projectile assists like Tanya's 2x hitting tonfa and Mileena's sai do too much damage and go off cooldown too quickly, without giving an indication when the cooldown is over. However these can be blocked. The best way to overcome these is to sit there blocking till you block the assist, then go for a quick 2-3 hit combo, and then go back to blocking before you get hit by one. Mileena's sais do the aforementioned chaos effect that reverses your inputs. If the game could show the cooldown of these assists for the CPU, they would be much easier to defend against.

4) Timed towers are seemingly easier now, but character towers still feel tough. Noob's character tower 4 is still unbeatable due to 250 spears and 250 hell ports requirement which is a bug. Characters who are zoning focused or have low combo damage like Jade or Kollector might suffer in their character towers. NRS should give character towers a look next.

Take all of this with a grain of salt as this could just be coincidental or anecdotal. Stay vigilant, but do try these towers yourself and inform me if you feel any difference. Thanks for your time.
Any noticeable changes to the Krypt?

I don't see why some of you are complaining about player ai and complaining about the gear grind in injustice. before lv30 came i think and i wanted a quick lv20 character i would literally just set my controller to mash A while in ai multiverse and go fuck off somewhere and i come back and i've got tons of gear and a high level character. now i haven't tried it yet in mk11. it probably won't yield the same results since the grind has become more bullshit apparently. complained about the injustice grind and now we're stuck with the mk11 grind

Did anyone play that bullshit tower where Kabal is the boss and Reikos and Tanyas projectiles are constantly flying at you ? I wasted 2 hours on that tower and gave up.

Marvelnerd

Cyber Smoke #1
Not sure if anyone has posted this yet but anyone noticing the health of the enemies changing? I was doing a Sub Zero tower and all the enemies in the second to last tower had 2000 health a pop, so I stopped. Just went back after getting dinner and now they all only have 1200 a pop.

brekku

Noob
i’m not sure if this is the right place to ask for help but i did the first tower of time tutorial and it won’t let me continue to the second one is there a solution or do i have to somehow restart?

I didn’t realize it earlier but I actually really the AI battle option. I haven’t played any of the towers yet, but from what I understand you have to use the right stick to activate assists or something, amd I also recently got a Hitbox controller so that feature is kinda saving my ass

I have a question for folks that got into the towers much further than me.
Are there time cryatal drops in towers? I see I can get them for completing tutorials, but is there an in-game way to unlock them without paying?

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
I have a question for folks that got into the towers much further than me.
Are there time cryatal drops in towers? I see I can get them for completing tutorials, but is there an in-game way to unlock them without paying?
You get 10 every time you level up, and some of the towers do have Time Crystals as rewards. Doesn't really matter though, a single skin is 500 and they are extremely stingy with how much they give them out.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Using my turbo controller to infinitely rematch this broken ass Cassie fight with my AI.
Was so close to closing out Round 3, then right before my Kahn finished his combo he got shot with an offscreen arrow.

So much fun

Queen Sindel

Divine Enlightenment
Lets see what the fix they will implement. just in wait for improvement. But mobile system,. with loads of currencies and RNG still will be there...

Or, how would we call this game?..Donate Kombat 11? or better MORTAL DONATE 11!

Prateek Shekhar

LeggoMyEggo
Towers are definitely, 100% easier across the board. Some of the changes are immediately noticeable like:
  • Assists that were unblockable even 12 hours ago like Bo Rai cho elder gas and Cyrax net are blockable now.
  • Enemy HP used to be high in 9/10 towers. Now enemy HP has been nerfed to the point that you rarely come across very beefy enemies. If an enemy has very powerful assists, they are unlikely to have very high HP too.
  • Unblockable assists like homing missiles seem to come out slower between activations. They went from 4-5 per round to about 2 per round.
  • Many enemies seem to have been made dumber and less likely to read your inputs. There are still enemies that are competent, but the ratio is good now.

I'm guessing these changes will fly under the radar for most players till Ed Boon tweets and theres a Kombat Kast. Then news outlets might pick it up and the narrative might change.

But I, personally like the place towers are at the moment already.

Last edited:

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Sure would be nice for NRS to introduce a way to get all the items included in the game and actually have fun doing so. These towers are not fun. I don't want my god damn controls reversed and missile dildos flying all over while the screen slowly turns in a circle.

All I truly care about are the skins and Brutalities. The Krypt being random drops also sucks. I spent 150k gold in there yesterday and got a bunch of consumables I'll never use and artwork I'll never look at.

I've read that NRS is looking into changing some things, and I really hope they do so. When I see a skin in the shop that says it's tied to "AI BATTLES", I don't know what that means. There's no path in game that tells you HOW to get the god damn skin. You like this Young King Kotal skin? Good luck figuring out how to unlock it in game. Just give us $5 more, and you can have it now.

I don't mind having the option to pay, but at least fucking tell us HOW to unlock it in the game. None of this vague bullshit. Don't do this to us, NRS. You're supposed to be the good guys.

Nulak

http://www.youtube.com/user/Nulak
Ppl doesn't like secret, grind and all the stuff we used to do in mk ps2 era. Let's not even talk about mk1 2 and 3...
Now they want everything day 1. This is sad.
The "i don't care" about "insert something" so it should not be there, is not a fucking argument either. Like little spoiled kids we are now, we complain about bonus stuff we didn't have access in the first place, in any fighting games.

1993: sharing rumor content at school about secret characters or mode that don't even exist.
2019: crying like little bitch because i don't have my noob saibot red panties day 1.

It's ok to not be happy about game design or this business model, but calm your tits. They gonna fix it.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Ppl doesn't like secret, grind and all the stuff we used to do in mk ps2 era. Let's not even talk about mk1 2 and 3...
Now they want everything day 1. This is sad.
The "i don't care" about "insert something" so it should not be there, is not a fucking argument either. Like little spoiled kids we are now, we complain about bonus stuff we didn't have access in the first place, in any fighting games.

1993: sharing rumor content at school about secret characters or mode that don't even exist.
2019: crying like little bitch because i don't have my noob saibot red panties day 1.

It's ok to not be happy about game design or this business model, but calm your tits. They gonna fix it.
Have you played the full game yet?