What's new

MK11 Single Player Modes and Grind Discussion (Towers of Time, Augments, and Krypt) - Towers are Fixed.

MalevolentFix

haha shokan queen go down up
This is rather pathetic. They can do what they want.

The fact I'm reading tips on how to build a proper AI because the normal difficulty is far to cheap and we're only building said AI to open RNG shit is truly pathetic. New low, NRS.
This is literally what I did in INJ2. It's actually kind of fun and you can learn how to play the character a bit better by watching the AI rip out optimal combos if you set the playstyle correctly.

Marvelnerd

Cyber Smoke #1
I ended up caving and getting the game due to 20% off from best buy and a bunch of rewards points. So far the AI in the towers of time seems insane. I'm not a great player myself, but this level of difficulty is crazy.
I don't think so. The 250 heart chests with Shao's head on them give 6 character rewards including brutals and skins. I think those are static rewards you get only from them, but the character per chest might be random.
So I'm hoping the contents for the first shao kahn box in The Dead Woods was Jade, too.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
This is literally what I did in INJ2. It's actually kind of fun and you can learn how to play the character a bit better by watching the AI rip out optimal combos if you set the playstyle correctly.
Same.

Still think they need to fix the AI not getting affected by modifiers tho that's some major BS.

MalevolentFix

To each their own.

Watching an AI play the game I ought to be playing seems like shit.
You're missing the entire point and the reason the AI mode is in the game. You play the game yourself 90% of the time but when you encounter some bullshit you don't want to deal with you sic your AI counterpart on them, watch them bodie the challenger while picking up some tips on what you could be doing in your combos.

Prateek Shekhar

LeggoMyEggo
AI is the only way to win against chaos modifiers. They need to take them out. Humans can't deal with AI messing their controls, but the AI doesn't drop combos even under those effects.

where do I find soul fragments from? I need it for my next tower in my character tower, despite paying 25k coins a
I usually get 10 per tower win I think. You also get them from clearing towers.

You're missing the entire point and the reason the AI mode is in the game. You play the game yourself 90% of the time but when you encounter some bullshit you don't want to deal with you sic your AI counterpart on them, watch them bodie the challenger while picking up some tips on what you could be doing in your combos.
If they had me pay full price for a game they designed for me to only play 90% of, then they either designed it wrong or charged me too much.

Prateek Shekhar

LeggoMyEggo
I'm with TaserFace007 here. AI should be a crutch for new players. But if you wanna feel good about yourself and feel like you're improving, all towers should be doable by humans. But like the aforementioned chaos towers that flip your controls, there are some that are only doable on AI

EDIT: I love Reddit. People days ago reported the issues I mentioned and signal boosted my thread but got downvoted. Then some guy writes 'I have the game Krypt is fine game is good' and gets voted to the top and gilded. Today some guy just posts that maximillian hates the grind and just repeats what max said on the stream verbatim and gets gilded. :DOGE

AI is the only way to win against chaos modifiers. They need to take them out. Humans can't deal with AI messing their controls, but the AI doesn't drop combos even under those effects.

I usually get 10 per tower win I think. You also get them from clearing towers.
That's weird I've done a few towers but it says I have zero

MalevolentFix

If they had me pay full price for a game they designed for me to only play 90% of, then they either designed it wrong or charged me too much.
Really. Lol

I'm not saying that it isn't BS or that it doesn't need to be fixed. Ed Boon himself said 2 hours ago that they will be fixing it, preferably today as he doesn't want it to take longer than that to resolve for us, but y'all keep popping off like no one's listening so I guess this topic is just not going to shut up until they do something which is fine, something needs to be done.

I said, at the beginning of my post, that's the entire point and reason for the AI mode. And I enjoy watching it once in a while. Every tower should be doable by humans.

Scyther

Mortal Kombat-phile
Playing as Sonya. Character tower has been relatively easy, but yeah, there are some fights where the difficulty shoots up to 1,000% and it takes me 3 or 4 times to get through, and only with the help of konsumables. The difficulty spikes are going to utterly crush even moderately decent players, and completely shut out newbies. Not a good design :/

Also, the Krypt just sucks up currency. Don't get me wrong, I love the aesthetic of the Krypt and listening to Cary/Shang offer insights, but in order to really enjoy it, we need more koins to drop. At the current drop rate, you can expect to spend around 10 minutes in the Krypt before you're broke again. And like the OP just stated, I have in excess of 1,000 soul fragments...and the green chests still show "locked" for me...so I'm not sure what I need to do to open these chests.

I'm disappointed, but hopeful NRS will ultimately make this right. The game is fucking amazing and fun everywhere else...but the ToT and the Krypt absolutely must be corrected and made fair. Grind is one thing. This is waaaaay beyond simple grind.

Chuckyscookie

Here's to hoping.
I just got my first key to summon a tower as a reward for another tower. The summoned tower stays for 1 hour and had 150k coins and some skins as rewards. It was like 7 fights with 2 assists each, but my raw Noob AI did it relatively easy. Took a few rematches, but I didn't need to spend anything.

Pazuzu

Noob
Also, the Krypt just sucks up currency. Don't get me wrong, I love the aesthetic of the Krypt and listening to Cary/Shang offer insights, but in order to really enjoy it, we need more koins to drop. At the current drop rate, you can expect to spend around 10 minutes in the Krypt before you're broke again. And like the OP just stated, I have in excess of 1,000 soul fragments...and the green chests still show "locked" for me...so I'm not sure what I need to do to open these chests.
First, You have To find motaro's horn to open the way to goro's lair. Take the elevator.

Then, when you are in the lair, you have to find a second elevator. You will be at the bottom of the Pit. You will meet a famous mk character. Take his item and you Will be able To open the soul chests. Each of them cost 100 Souls. But keep in mind that the bridge of the pit costs 2000 souls To be rebuilt.

MalevolentFix

Yeah, while I appreciate there’s a way to maybe make it easier, I can’t believe this option is even there.
Not everyone has the wherewithal to lab out and learn how to play Mortal Kombat. I have friends IRL that play MK with me but couldn't beat one of the NOT bullshit towers. The purpose of the AI mode is for players of this level who also want to unlock things and have fun with the game. Just because they're ass at MK doesn't mean they should be barred from Towers.

Not everyone has the wherewithal to lab out and learn how to play Mortal Kombat. I have friends IRL that play MK with me but couldn't beat one of the NOT bullshit towers. The purpose of the AI mode is for players of this level who also want to unlock things and have fun with the game. Just because they're ass at MK doesn't mean they should be barred from Towers.
I agree with this. Someone who's not great at the game should have the same opportunity to get all of the content that the good players are able to get, since they paid the same price for the game. If you are of at least moderate skill level, though, and the game requires you to use the AI to beat a fight, then that's just a poorly designed fight.

SUPAHJD

Horror Guest Shill
Well, this disaster landed them a 2.9 User Review on Meta Critic.

The paid out critics can say what they want, the fans are talking. I really think they need to take some time to eliminate this pay wall trash in general.

A game like this does not need this much bull shit chucked on top of a 40 dollar or whatever kombat pass, with a second one potentinally coming. This is absolutely asinine and the game needs to take some shit because of this.

Hope NRS wises the fuck up.

Lun

proud TERF!
I never liked AI mode. It feels like a mobile non-game idle clicker. One of those things where you aren't even supposed to play, the game plays itself and some people feel a sense of accomplishment getting the rewards for that.

The difference being that at least a mobile phone is standing there. But when I turn on my PS4, it's because I want to play.

On the plus side, I do learn some small tricks from watching the AI play. It's not useless like an idle clicker game. But I still don't think AI battle is a game mode they should promote so much, yet they keep implementing it more and more with each new game to the point MK12 will play itself and players will only watch the game.

MalevolentFix

The paid out critics can say what they want, the fans are talking. I really think they need to take some time to eliminate this pay wall trash in general.

A game like this does not need this much bull shit chucked on top of a 40 dollar or whatever kombat pass, with a second one potentinally coming. This is absolutely asinine and the game needs to take some shit because of this.

Hope NRS wises the fuck up.
They are LITERALLY fixing it right now. Like. Two hours ago Ed Boon said they're on it. Jesus christ with you people today.

Lun

proud TERF!

......Except that metacritic review score is because "they are appealing to the SJWs!". So, yeah, it's not reliable, it's just the horde of scary angry neckbeards who are review-bombing because there's too less titties and too many black people.

I'll take a microtransaction bonanza with D'vorah over a game with no microtransactions and bikini strippers poledancing.

SUPAHJD

Horror Guest Shill
They are LITERALLY fixing it right now. Like. Two hours ago Ed Boon said they're on it. Jesus christ with you people today.
No, I'm sorry but fuck that.

This. Shit. Never. Should. Have. Been. Implemented.

This is fucking pathetic and they tried it. They caught heat for it. But they sure as hell tried it. And they need to take some shit for it as they are. This is easily one of the greediest systems I've seen in a full priced game and I don't pity them for other gamers going "Yo, what the fuck?!".

In a game that plans on having a ton of DLC that will also cost money in the future, I need to see a TON of good work to fix this. And Ed Boon is also notoriously full of shit sometimes. I recall the "no loot box" shit either. I also recall them at one point saying "new mode" in one of their videos as well. I don't trust shit they say. I wait to see results.