What's new

MK11 SHANG TSUNG Discussion

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
Am i trolling as hard as 200 ping money matches?

BTW im still waiting on how shang tsung is bad. I asked a question and you came with nonsense, i dare you to give me a legit answer.

Am i trolling as hard as 200 ping money matches?

BTW im still waiting on how shang tsung is bad. I asked a question and you came with nonsense, i dare you to give me a legit answer.
ping doesnt matter for a mm. for the examples go read this entire thread i explained many times why it think his lacking. plus i watched you getting mopped for 30 min straight i dont think you should be trash talking right now.

MagicMan357

@deathstroke187 i got mopped at 180 ping and thats how i know youre bad at the game, ping doesent matter? My god you guys need any excuse to not admit to being bad at the game.
And you still too scared to answer the question because you have no thoughts on your own LMFAO its really funny to see this

@deathstroke187 i got mopped at 180 ping and thats how i know youre bad at the game, ping densest matter? My god you guys need any excuse to not admit to being bad at the game.
And you still too scared to answer the question because you have no thoughts on your own LMFAO its really funny to see this
we were both playing with the same ping me and him and he didnt complain either I when i lost.
from what i saw you cant be talking about whos good or bad.

MagicMan357

I like how you know that what im saying is correct so you have to ignore the ping to feel better LMFAO

No one with an IQ above 5 is going to take laggy ass online matches serious when i already proven to many people that im better than average so please once again answer the question

I like how you know that what im saying is correct so you have to ignore the ping to feel better LMFAO

No one with an IQ above 5 is going to take laggy ass online matches serious when i already proven to many people that im better than average so please once again answer the question
i already answered your question but your not smart enough to go read it. it has been posted by me and others everywhere in this thread. If you cant read use a voice reader.

MagicMan357

Of course you cant answer it yourself right now because that requires study which i know people with adhd and 200 ping cant do.

For anyone else who sees this, im not trolling the thread only him.

Last edited:

Nortnauq

QUAN CHI FOR DLC
Late to the party... Can I get a link to that money match? lol been waiting a while to see that shit now.

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
How are Sub-Zero and Scorpion that low is beyond me.
Sub-Zero - Lack of Mobility, short range normals and having to rely on a somewhat unsafe 50/50. But with that being said if you decided to use your brain, you can take full advantage of his above-average frame data and abuse throw/strike mindgames.

Scorpion - Because of the range on his normals he's either getting out right beaten in neutral or have to put himself in a unfavorable position to contest. I could also say that if he doesn't have the health lead he's at a pretty big disadvantage but having a reactionary teleport does help in the whiff punishing department, so there's that. But once again if you have a brain you can take full advantage of his above average frame data and his mobility is great.

Let me also add that these two chars have pretty decent KBs that gives there combos a great damage boost.

Does shang jail into anything? Like skarlet d1 is a free 1,2,4. Does shang have anything like that?

I know d4 on hit is a f23 free, or seems to be. But this never works on kotal, is this a hit box issue or a perk kotal has, and if thats the case whats the ttech against kotal?

kcd117

Noob
Does shang jail into anything? Like skarlet d1 is a free 1,2,4. Does shang have anything like that?

I know d4 on hit is a f23 free, or seems to be. But this never works on kotal, is this a hit box issue or a perk kotal has, and if thats the case whats the ttech against kotal?
He doesn't have a lot of jailing problems due to his 10 frames B3 that will make anyone decent respect and any maniac get punished after a poke on hit. Once you get people to respect it you can go for any of his highs.

About Kotal, after the patch, I feel like the cat variation is a bitch to fight against in the right hands, but his normals up close are not that impressive so you can contest his stuff pretty decently with Shang's B3.

He doesn't have a lot of jailing problems due to his 10 frames B3 that will make anyone decent respect and any maniac get punished after a poke on hit. Once you get people to respect it you can go for any of his highs.

About Kotal, after the patch, I feel like the cat variation is a bitch to fight against in the right hands, but his normals up close are not that impressive so you can contest his stuff pretty decently with Shang's B3.
So instead of following up the f232 with d4 use b3? I feel he punishes the d4 which i thought was free, every single time

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)

He can jail from all pokes but D1/D3 into 114 is a two frame link, kinda hard to do online but his B3 is a 10f low so you can be very late and still jail.
With his D4 you can jail into s3U2 and F24 pretty easily.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Are you saying poke into jailing with b3, i.e. d1 (jail) b3. Or. B3 (jail) 114?
D1 and D3 jails into 114/112 and D4 jails into F2 Cruz you can't duck a mid.

D1 & D3 also jail into B3 much easier. They are like plus 10 on hit and B3 is 10 frames startup but its better since its a low which can't be ducked so you have a 6-7 frame window to input it since the fastest move is a 6f poke and a 7f starter. They can jump in about 3-5 frames so keep that in mind.

Considering D1/D3 are only +10 and s1 is like 8f startup its a 2f window. That's pretty hard but doable. I always use B3 since I have eternity to jail it. Also B3 pushes them back nicely and can setup B2/s3/B1/D4/Ground Skull follow-ups which is very strong. And vs certain characters B3xxGS is safe and if spaced properly you can amp GS to be zero on block. But B3U4 is hit confirm able and if your opponents like to punish the gap you can always catch them with B3D4/B3xxGS

You guys need to learn what jailing means. If the poke is +10 on hit and an 8 frame high does jail. But online you have a 3 frame delay which combined with human reaction makes it impossible to hit confirm a poke and jail into this 8 frame high. You can still jail but only if you mash the high right after a poke without hit confirming) and that’s a No No!) with that delay you won’t be able to jail with a 10 frame mid either. Opponents won’t be able to poke, but that is called frame trapping. Jailing means you can’t press anything without getting hit, not pokes, not armour, not Flawless block, even low profiling moves; nothing can even begin to start up before you get hit. Technically in mk11 having a 2 frame window still leaves you without options since no armour starts up frame 1, and Flawless block can be activated only in a 3 frame window. But that is still technically not jailing.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Wonder when 3rd variations drop will we get ninja moves (that so many were unhappy werent tourny legal from get go)
Hope shake gets in out the 4 ninja moves if so

If not ninja least we be able to have better corner game with the launching corpse drop

Dabbling with Shang lately as a possible secondary.

Who do we feel are his bad matchups at this point? Geras and Liu? Anyone else?