What's new

MK11 Scorpion render

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
Looks pretty good. My only gripe is that in every render so far, Character's heads look too big and their feet look too small.

This seems to be some aesthetic thing they are going for over at NRS because I2 had the same small feet and I always thought it looked off.

Anatomically speaking, your foot is about the size of your forearm (elbow to wrist). You can see here that Scorp's feet are about 2/3 the size of his forearm. It makes the character look a bit top heavy and off balance. It also makes them look weaker and smaller. I'm not even afraid of this Scorpion. What's he going to do, kick me with his size 7 flip-flops?

The head size is a little harder to figure out mostly due to all the gear each revealed character has on. The general feeling is that the heads on these models just look bigger than they should compared to shoulder width and character height.
Didn't even notice. Which means it's better than Ryu's ridiculously massive ape feet in SFV.

Didn't even notice. Which means it's better than Ryu's ridiculously massive ape feet in SFV.
Render looks great. Proportions look great as well to me. Unsure about a foot being the length Of your forearm. I think it’s a little shorter than that. SFV looks so cartoony with those ridic large feet. Can’t wait to see more renders. Shao Kahn’s and Scorpion I can’t decixe which looks best.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
I don't think that the edits that replace the red with more yellow/black/grey are bad, and I think they would be cool as shaders, but I think the red actually brings out the layers in his outfit a little more and gives him a fresh look without sacrificing the klassic yellow/black color scheme he's always had.

The edits make the outfit look at little flat and the layers of clothing doesn't stand out as much. Maybe orange or brown would have been a better pick and did the job just as good, but in conclusion I think the red is fine.
I agree with this. I think he looks utterly badass (especially compared to the MKX version side-by-side), and for some reason the red actually works. I'm not sure why people are so upset about it. It looks fantastic. When photoshopped to be all yellow instead, it actually looks kinda boring.

As for the gold mask, I feel like it matches his yellow tunic almost perfectly. It doesn't stand out to me at all.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Someone reminded me about Injustice 2 shaders oh god! Please NRS don't do shaders!!! If your gonna let us change colors then do what KoF13 did and let me change the color of everything on the costume!

Street Fighter has done this as well and it bugs the crap out of me. Ryu looked normal in 1,2,A,3 but in 4 they make him steroid bodybuilder buff its looks so wrong.

I like the new one better just because he doesn't have belts all over his body like a Final Fantasy character lol.
lol I hear ya, yeah SF 4 and 5 their feet look like hobbits just giant feet lol. Yeah, I like how Scorpion looks different in every game but retains his look enough to recognize him but I remember that people were like "why does he have 100 belts on him"? lol in MK X. I also like the newer design a lot too.

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
what's all this "focus on the kunai" stuff about? It's barely in the picture, and part of his most famous move. If anything the box art has way for focus on it.

Also I love the red, it's MK11 and things should move forward.

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
Looks good. But he looks he would be the worst ninja assasin ever. The heavy armor,the chain on his kunai that would create so much noise. And whats with bulkiness, he looks like there could be a wrestler underneath that costume.
Almost all of the MK males are bulky. Quan, Shinnok, Kenshi, Ermac and Reptile pretty much the exceptions.

Look at scorpion last 2 games, he’s big. I was watching MK9 story mode the other day and I was shocked how jacked Liu, Cage, etc. were.

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
Almost all of the MK males are bulky. Quan, Shinnok, Kenshi, Ermac and Reptile pretty much the exceptions.

Look at scorpion last 2 games, he’s big. I was watching MK9 story mode the other day and I was shocked how jacked Liu, Cage, etc. were.
lol- even QuanChi has hit the weight machine...

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
God DAMN. Unreal Engine 4 is hard at work here. You can already tell a difference in detail. I can't fucking WAIT to see the blood and gore.
It's also worth noting that this is the first game NRS have worked on post-Xbox One X launch however. I do wonder if these renders are coming from there and maybe is also responsible for improving some things.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Honestly, the Ermac mod looks freaking amazing. But maybe I'm biased cause I love Ermac.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I always feel like complaining over a general design is a bit redundant especially considering we're going to have gear.

Don't like the mask? Change it.

Don't like the color scheme? Change that too.

That's the freakin awesome thing about gear. We can mess around with these characters until they look PERFECT for us.
Because it’s the look we’re going to have to see the most in regards to this game.