What's new

Discussion MK11 - reduce the finisher time

leoj89

Noob
I agree with the op that the fatal time is too long. But like other were saying NRS will cater to casuals first.

Wigy

There it is...
Why dont they just go further with what they did on mkx. Lots more hidden shit and add a couple of swag as fuck ones that have really long inputs.

The shorter fatality timer isnt necessary.

Mk9 i'd just do constant antiair jumps over their head with cyrax while they swayed about the place.

make fatals have 15 inputs like old mk games too.
Ummm, what the?? Which old game are you talking about?

MK1
Scorpion - BLK +up, up
Kano - B,D,F, LP
Sonya - F,F,B,B,Blk

I'm pretty sure there are special moves in MKX that are more complicated than some of those fatalities.

There's nothing wrong with the inputs, or spacing requirements. They simply made the time allowed longer so people have more of a chance to pull one off. Because apparently MK is all about the fatalities.

As someone alluded to above, don't be surprised if MK11 has an auto-fatalities option where on the last hit the fatality would be done automatically. Of course it would be a paid feature, so only the true casuals that don't give a shit about the actual game will use.

But as with the OP, i'd like to see it more as a bonus at the end, like it used to be. Rather than an guaranteed expectation as it is now.

True God of Thunder

Even so, you will FALL!
They should make it to where the inputs for Fatalities and the like aren't shown at all. Let people figure it out again for a change. That was part of the fun back in the day. No one knew how to do shit until someone figured it out and word spread.
Except with datamining this is literally impossible. plus with a shorter finisher time how am I supposed to teabag people???