What's new

MK11 Quality of Life Improvements

Alex_Smith

The artist formerly known as blueNINE.
Here's what I'd like to see...

• An extra frame of leniency for button shortcuts. It's currently very easy to get, for example, standing 3 instead of throw when pressing 1+3. Hitting the two buttons just a frame apart should still yield the shortcut move. This is currently a serious issue that can easily end up changing the outcome of a match, as it affects throws, Interact, Flip Stance, and, perhaps to a slightly lesser extent, Fatal Blow.

• Special move cancels working after an extra button press during strings. For example, if you press 44 and cancel into a special move, that works, but if you press 44 and then an extra 4 during the end of the string, it no longer becomes possible to cancel the string into a special move. It's like you are locked out from doing any cancels if you press anything extra at all after inputting a string. This can cause dropped combos, and also prevents double-tapping in certain cases, which is a staple technique for many fighting game players. If this really is very purposefully by design, I'd be curious to know the reasoning behind it.

• The ability to completely unset buttons in the options. (For those of us who use button shortcuts like 1+3 for throws, 1+2 for Interact, 3+4 for Flip Stance, and 3+4+Block for Fatal Blow, having any extra buttons set is just a hindrance, especially since they can be pressed by accident. Additionally, being able to set L3 and R3 would be nice.

• A notation display configuration toggle in the options. (It would be great to show the moves as 1, 2, 3, and 4 instead of the buttons.

• A list of the button shortcuts. Including this seems both necessary and helpful. There's no way to tell, in-game, what they are otherwise. I knew about some of them because I play competitively, and some (like throws) are mentioned in the command list. But Interact being 1+2, for example, is something that I missed for a long time. Let's make this easy for everyone learning the game.

• More details on special moves in the move lists. For example, armor and the frames on which it is active during Fatal Blows, Skarlet's Bloodport In Front and Bloodport Behind taking 1 bar of meter, etc.

Last edited: