What's new

MK11 Post Launch Content Compared to MKX and Injustice 2

Raider

Noob
List of post launch content for all 3 games in first 3 months after the release:

So, are you happy with MK11 post launch content so far?

Just a reminder that we still don't have 5 DLC characters fully revealed and that we still don't have a confirmation or official word on 2 out of 5 unreleased DLC characters.

Maybe give us some kind of roadmap NRS/WB? Like other developers are doing. At least let us know what we gave our money for.

D

Deleted member 35141

Once we get a full reveal or roadmap I will gladly buy the kombat pack. As it stands now it kind of sucks now I know how COD players feel dropping extra 60 and not get a map till 4 months later.

Raider

Noob
Those devs at NetherRealm were put in a shit crunch situation to begin with. I’m impatient and want the dlc as much as the next guy. But it’s important to realize these people need time to relax after the alleged shit show that went down getting this game into our hands.
So every time we ask for Kombat Pack content reveal, or simple roadmap/dates. Something that should have been done before the game was released, there is someone repeating: "crunch, crunch, crunch..."
Why didn't they delay the game then? Game release was clearly rushed. Why?

SparkySanders

Unga bunga dude
So every time we ask for Kombat Pack content reveal, or simple roadmap/dates. Something that should have been done before the game was released, there is someone repeating: "crunch, crunch, crunch..."
Why didn't they delay the game then? Game release was clearly rushed. Why?
I bet it had something to do with the corporate monkeys at WB, that question has crossed my mind a couple times as well.

first 3 months
I count not even 3 months yet, 10 days short to be exact. Who knows what could happen in the next week ...

it's crazy that we're going to go almost 4 months without a balance patch,
If the alleged leak is what we're going by, 5/aug is just over 3 months since release.

Considering previously people have been very harsh on NRS for too many patches too early, it seems this time they're taking things a little slower... which people still complain about.

Although some hitbox fixes would have been nice at the least.

SparkySanders

Unga bunga dude
I like the slower schedule. gives the game more time to breathe and for the meta to develop. after evo would be a good time for changes but I'm in no rush for changes since the game is already in a great state
As much as I truly want to agree with you, hit box issues are a big deal (ie FB’s hitting from behind) and other wonky nonsense I routinely witness.

Other than that shit is not too bad right now, it could always be worse I suppose..

Slymind

Noob
Im totally fine, i've always said that releasing an overwhelming amount of content over a short period of time is not the best approach. Better pacing the post launch content will give the game more longevity i think, because of the continous feeling that something new is coming.

E

Eldriken

We're not used to this side of NRS and it shows. However, they are being unusually quiet about pretty much everything with little tidbits of information/teasers here and there.

I think they're doing what a lot of people were clamoring for (taking things slower and at a more relaxed pace), but haven't found the happy medium that works the best for everyone.

Gamer68

Fujin!
My guess is that it's taking longer to do the DLC because they have to get actors to come in and scan their faces and everything. They didn't really have to worry about faces before, and some of the DLC in MKX didn't even need voice actors. Jason, Predator, Leatherface and Alien didn't need a bunch of lines, which made it even easier.

EDIT: Also I do believe MK11 was rushed, and so the DLC is taking longer to prepare because the game probably shouldn't have been out so early.

JINNOCIDE

I only show up when a new game's around
I do agree with the idea of MK11 being rushed to their usual release dates but I also think a lot of people here forget that it takes more to create content for MK11 than it did for MKX's.

I'm not an expert in this matter but the graphic gap seems to be a lot of work to do.
That being said I also agree that they're being very slow with new content.

cavemold

BIG D POLE .
Part of it it’s releasing the dlc with other marketing entities like movies and comjc con conventions

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Predator <3

Man, they are really lagging behind. I don't mind the wait, but trailers would be better than renders that are 99% darkness and 1% character.
I'm fine with the wait to drop more characters, there is plenty to fix like Hitboxes, upcoming Balance patch, KB's Requirements, Fatal Blows, Meter System bug fixes, Online Stability and hopefully WiFi Filter with 100ms being the Cutoff. More stuff like Kombat League fixes.

But I do want more content maybe a timeline if what's to come in what order and a few trailers. I'd be happy with Skin Packs for existing Characters like one with Cassie Apocalypse or Sassy Pack including Sonya, Scarlet, Jade, Kitana and Cassie.
A horror pack or those MK2 classic skins for Females and Human Revenants we seen in files.
But I have been bust finding tech up until now. Shang has given me tons to learn and I love him. I have very high hopes with the other DLC and with how they did with Shang I feel they will be up to my standards.

NeonGroovyGator

Vampire mommy simp
People wanted balance changes to be slower, not the extra content.
Oh well. I just hope it doesn't bite them in the back later with the game's lifespan. MK11 has the most potential out of any NRS game and I don't want it to die down due to poor marketing.

Olcadan13

mkx apologist
if they see how hyped people got just from a render of sindel imagine what would happen if they released a render of spawn.....

taking a long time is perfectly okay but you can't just not build hype, they did the same thing with revealing the base roster

Raider

Noob
if they see how hyped people got just from a render of sindel imagine what would happen if they released a render of spawn.....

taking a long time is perfectly okay but you can't just not build hype, they did the same thing with revealing the base roster
Problem is that everything takes too long. You can't "build" a hype with one screenshot or render and then nothing for weeks. You are ruining actual reveal by showing renders/screenshots with such a huge gap between.