What's new

MK11 Patch Notes 5/13/21

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Sheeva - Now has 950 health (down from 1000)

Sheeva - Slightly narrowed the hit region for Dragon Drop & it now has a set delay time when delayed & 30 more recovery frames on miss or when hit hitting armor

Joker - Now has 950 health (down from 1000)

Cetrion - Now has 950 health (down from 1000)

Cetrion - Slightly reduced the damage when blocked & flawless blocked of Deadly Winds & Deadly Winds Amplified

Fujin - Adjusted the victim regions of Knee Buckler (Down + Front Kick)

RoboCop - Now has 1100 health (up from 1050)

RoboCop - Don't Move Creep (Front Punch, Back Punch, Front Punch) now has 2 more active frames & 5 less recovery frames on block

Rambo - First Blood (Towards + Front Punch, Back Punch) has 3 less recovery frames on block

Rambo - Diddy-Bopping (Away + Back Punch, Back Punch, Back Kick) has more pushback on block & 5 more blockstun frames

Shao Kahn - You Will Never Win (Towards + Front Kick, Back Kick) now has 3 less recovery frames & can now be 2in1 cancelled when flawless blocked

Shao Kahn - Hammer Lunge now has less pushback on block & 10 less recovery frames on block & miss

Shao Kahn - Hammer Lunge Amplify now has more pushback on block, 5 more blockstun frames & 15 less recovery frames on miss

Shao Kahn - Ground Shatter has 4 less rec frames & more pushback on block

Shao Kahn - Ground Shatter Amplify now has more pushback on block, 10 more blockstun frames, & is now a mid block

Demon_0

RIP Akira Toriyama
They finally added more recovery to that dumb stomp so it can now be consistently punished on whiff.

Kahn needed more. Still a trash character.

Better than nothing NRS, but still, not enough. Please change the game for the better. It is great, but dude....the list of fucked up stuff is huge.

REO

Undead
Shao Kahn is definitely better this patch than he was last patch. He has new meterless mid screen launcher combos off F+2 and 1,4. He gets increased damage off his Hammer Lunge in the corner. You now have to always spend meter to flawless block his F+3,4 to reliably punish him. Last patch you could just flawless block F+3,4 and meterlessly punish that string every time because he had no mindgames after. Also his mindgame off meter burning Hammer Lunge on block is now plus on block instead of being full combo punishable like before, so that's better. And his Ground Shatter amplify is now safe against the entire cast which is not bad, your only option to punish this is you must flawless block launch him with meter.

Sheeva health nerf makes no sense and is random. She's a Shokan warrior but has less health than Kitana? Jump Stomp got gutted and now seems almost worse than even MK9 stomp. It has massive recovery on whiff, you can no longer interchangeably delay the stomp (there are only two static timings - short and long), AND it has a smaller hitbox so more characters can just walk out of the very predictable two-way timings.

The rest of the changes to other characters aren't really worth discussing or are very uninteresting. All in all, Shao Kahn and Sheeva will definitely feel noticeably different this update compared to before.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
It's kind of lame but I don't have an issue with them adjusting the health a bit, it does make a difference and they don't have to change anyone's gameplay. Robo gets better trades and Cetrion dies faster. Poor Sheeva though she must be on movie Goro's training regimen with that hp

I like the little frame love for Rambo and Robo, that stuff adds up and I feel like those two didn't get enough post-release polish.

The tale of stomp is an interesting one. Is it back to prenerf hitbox now? I think you should get punished for guessing wrong on it so I'm a fan of adding recovery frames but damnnnn 30 frames NRS sending a message!

What was the deal with Fujin's D3, was it hard to whiff punish? Seems like a non issue now

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
What they did to Shao Kahn gives me hope about how the combo routes should've been in this game.
Hopefully i'm right and maybe in a future patch combo routes at least will get more freedom, with every one.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Shao Kahn is definitely better this patch than he was last patch. He has new meterless mid screen launcher combos off F+2 and 1,4. He gets increased damage off his Hammer Lunge in the corner. You now have to always spend meter to flawless block his F+3,4 to reliably punish him. Last patch you could just flawless block F+3,4 and meterlessly punish that string every time because he had no mindgames after. Also his mindgame off meter burning Hammer Lunge on block is now plus on block instead of being full combo punishable like before, so that's better. And his Ground Shatter amplify is now safe against the entire cast which is not bad, your only option to punish this is you must flawless block launch him with meter.

Sheeva health nerf makes no sense and is random. She's a Shokan warrior but has less health than Kitana? Jump Stomp got gutted and now seems almost worse than even MK9 stomp. It has massive recovery on whiff, you can no longer interchangeably delay the stomp (there are only two static timings - short and long), AND it has a smaller hitbox so more characters can just walk out of the very predictable two-way timings.

The rest of the changes to other characters aren't really worth discussing or are very uninteresting. All in all, Shao Kahn and Sheeva will definitely feel noticeably different this update compared to before.
Nice having you back bro
Thanks for the heads up.

Really hoping all our veterans will return to educate us properly like in ye olden days.

What they did to Shao Kahn gives me hope about how the combo routes should've been in this game.
Err. Lunge is just an extender for one string (14), with one specific combo from it if you want to hit smaller characters as well (dash b3 dash b2 annihilation/skewer).

Anyway, it made me interested in playing Shao, so that's a successful buff. Much more so than the pure yolo that is f34 now.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Err. Lunge is just an extender for one string (14), with one specific combo from it if you want to hit smaller characters as well (dash b3 dash b2 annihilation/skewer).

Anyway, it made me interested in playing Shao, so that's a successful buff. Much more so than the pure yolo that is f34 now.
It's much better than the bland combos this game offers, let alone landing a single hit that does 30% damage.

Afumba

Noob
Nice... now its back to waiting 6 more months for the next few scraps ;-)

Hope at least the Shao ppls can have a bit more fun now. Sad times for Sheeva players...

P.S. honestly, these health adjustments are silly

Sheeva still has a 10 frame frame short mid, 12 frame medium range mid that's hit confirmable and -2 on block, -1 amped projectile with huge pushback, tremor, shokan snag, solid punish damage and armor break option, great b4, and stomp can still check plenty of high recovery setups. I see no reason to stop sticking with her, even though I kinda want to try Rambo now.

NoCharge

Noob

Kitana beat Shao Kahn. Of course she's better than Sheeva :DOGE

Jowabunga

Woooooooooooooo!
Suffice to say, a 15-item patch after a 6 month hiatus indicates this game is probably done now, or at least isn't likely to get the overhaul a lot of people feel it needs/deserves.

DeftMonk

Noob
Health nerfs have always been common ways to deal with balancing, Akuma is a very good example. There is no reason according to lore for Akuma to have the least health out of all the shotos but he is too strong to have the same hp as the others. I dunno why people are using that as an excuse to say NRS is dumb lol. The patch however is pretty lackluster imo and outside of shao kahn getting some love and sheeva stomp finally being punishable on whiff...I don't see that they really did anything at all. At least we got something I guess.

I think they were just gonna walk away from the game but it got so much negative shit being thrown at it on social media after that AT&T debacle with stomp they decided to cut sheeva's nuts off before they stopped updating it. I hope I am wrong and a new announcement comes soon.