What's new

MK11 Patch Notes 5/13/21

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Dude, these same people now say MKX was 3 magical years of fun and balance. They just re-write competitive history however makes sense at the time.
Calling it now if this small patch is the final one (or if Sheeva gets no other changes moving forward): in 2-3 years' time when we're playing whatever else, some people are gunna come back and be like "Pre-nerf Sheeva stomp wasn't bad at all. People were just bad or unwilling to lab. NRS can't balance for shit and decided to delete it to cater to scrubs instead."

Meanwhile, as some characters literally could not counter it without crazy luck and flawless timing, all while needing a super snappy response after dodging just to punish it..

Ashesfall

"Feel the wrath of Shao Kahn"
"Pre-nerf Sheeva stomp wasn't bad at all. People were just bad or unwilling to lab.[...]"
Do you really believe that? There is so much media out there saying how crazy this move was.
TMM a Tekken "influencer", made a hole video called: "Sheeva stomp cheapest move of all time".
And sooooo much more (you know it anyways), if you say that in 2-3years, you will look like a total dumbass but let's see what's in the future :D

This move already did a lot of damage to the game. Thanks to NRS "hotfix" politics #hahaha

It has been an entire week and this " hotfix", which was supposedly already a part of the game, has not come to any of the consoles outside of Xbox and PlayStation. It didn't even take this long for aftermath to get fixed for pc players (i think). even if there was a " big ultimate super edward john boon" patch that was supposed to come out; by the time it reaches the "forgotten customers" they will be at least 700 hundred years old.

Ashesfall

TMM is absolute ass at MK11 though
I won't comment on that but TMM is for sure a true gamer and what makes him "impressive" is his execution. And jet he is saying this statement.
This video was from January and he plays on PC, today 20.5 still no fix.
(Lab 10 hours on one move with a simple D,U input ... the balance team failed so hard ...)
You really want to create a game for a sonic fox/ninjakiller audience only, for real?

It's so mind-blowing to me, and I could talk forever about it but I need to stop :D

4 changes for mk11.

FATAL BLOWS: after use, should be gone. On hit, block, miss, or cancel. It's too powerful a tool in every situation it can be used in, to get a do over.

(I feel like cancelling into something that makes you safe & gives you either more damage or a 50/50 is reward enough for being at 30% health.)

METER SYSTEM: no more auto regen.

Offensive meter builds on hit

Defensive meter builds on block

Projectiles thrown, or blocked, build nothing.

(This means cetrion can't build meter for free by spamming rock walls, and Jacqui can't build meter by locking you down with block strings.)

MOVE SETS: Make anything that's a variant of a move already in the base kit, base. Along with adding to characters, one move that shares an input with another selectable move, into their base kit.

(Mileena already has sai blast, and tele kick, add air sai blast, and air tele kick to her base.

Kitana has both low fan, and upward fan sharing an input. Make one of them base, leave the other selectable)

KOMBAT LEAGUE: Allow variation change for the winning player.

(When winning game one of the set, the opponent gets the chance to select a new character, while we're stuck using the same character and variation. If they decide to switch characters, keep us as our same character, but allow us to change to another preset variation. This lets us at least respond to the new matchup, and encourages more builds in the custom variation system.)

NoCharge

Noob
4 changes for mk11.

FATAL BLOWS: after use, should be gone. On hit, block, miss, or cancel. It's too powerful a tool in every situation it can be used in, to get a do over.

(I feel like cancelling into something that makes you safe & gives you either more damage or a 50/50 is reward enough for being at 30% health.)

METER SYSTEM: no more auto regen.

Offensive meter builds on hit

Defensive meter builds on block

Projectiles thrown, or blocked, build nothing.

(This means cetrion can't build meter for free by spamming rock walls, and Jacqui can't build meter by locking you down with block strings.)

MOVE SETS: Make anything that's a variant of a move already in the base kit, base. Along with adding to characters, one move that shares an input with another selectable move, into their base kit.

(Mileena already has sai blast, and tele kick, add air sai blast, and air tele kick to her base.

Kitana has both low fan, and upward fan sharing an input. Make one of them base, leave the other selectable)

KOMBAT LEAGUE: Allow variation change for the winning player.

(When winning game one of the set, the opponent gets the chance to select a new character, while we're stuck using the same character and variation. If they decide to switch characters, keep us as our same character, but allow us to change to another preset variation. This lets us at least respond to the new matchup, and encourages more builds in the custom variation system.)
How about defensive meter building on hit and offensive building on block? So you can deffend yourselfwhen offense stops and star offense when being attacked?

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
What cripples MK11, has been known, and addressed very long time ago.

To those who have played other NRS productions, and sunk into it, it took a "moment" to realize what has been cocked here. The way the game has been changed (in reverse) in certain departments, its not a rocket science to connect the dots, and realize it was intentional.

Based on the current state of the game after two years, obviously the target was "casual players". The bar had to be lowered, to sell, and it did sell, very well.
There wont be any magnificent changes, that people here dream of. Aside from the game design, that it is, what it is, there is another side of the coin - busted general mechanics, that feel incomplete. Hitboxes/hurtboxes across the board. That at very least should be damn finished. There are few things, that just blows mind, like the lack of "connection filter" and the "custom variation" switch that you gotta enable from the options in order to have access to it. The randomly designed (unfinished) custom variation system, that does not make sense whatsoever with certain characters - the list goes on.

What cripples MK11, has been known, and addressed very long time ago.

To those who have played other NRS productions, and sunk into it, it took a "moment" to realize what has been cocked here. The way the game has been changed (in reverse) in certain departments, its not a rocket science to connect the dots, and realize it was intentional.

Based on the current state of the game after two years, obviously the target was "casual players". The bar had to be lowered, to sell, and it did sell, very well.
There wont be any magnificent changes, that people here dream of. Aside from the game design, that it is, what it is, there is another side of the coin - busted general mechanics, that feel incomplete. Hitboxes/hurtboxes across the board. That at very least should be damn finished. There are few things, that just blows mind, like the lack of "connection filter" and the "custom variation" switch that you gotta enable from the options in order to have access to it. The randomly designed (unfinished) custom variation system, that does not make sense whatsoever with certain characters - the list goes on.
A region filter would also be a very good addition. I hated getting match up with people from veeeery far away (Once I played a guy from Costa Rica that was using his phone as a hotspot smh)

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
A region filter would also be a very good addition. I hated getting match up with people from veeeery far away (Once I played a guy from Costa Rica that was using his phone as a hotspot smh)
We could sit down, and come up with a list of "Basic" components, that represent a competitive game core, that this current version is lacking.

What does it tells you when you look at the current product, and the time the game has been around? NRS is not the only company, that had to deal with 'vid 19 and limitations.

At this point, there is no more room for generating excuses. The fact that, the game is balanced and so, and so, does not make up for the other elements of the game being left out incomplete, and the fact that additional features (like connection filter and so on) are not there. How can the game be taken on a serious level in online environment, when players are unable to filter the connection, which serves are a core in online play.

I thought over the years, that Paulo, and his mind set must learn, and eventually we get a solid game in terms of functionality, features and support. They started with Mk9, I1 - those games were lacking - its understandable. But this is the 4th game they worked on.

If this game will remain as it is, it means only one thing: Its policy, and model of the product they decided to go with. A game with a SF5/T7 support and approach, is not in NRS's portfolio, and every next game will fall into the same foot steps.

Ashesfall

Funny how NRS was leading in showing us a Wi-Fi indicator.
Some amount of time later, Tekken7 does it right, Wi-Fi indicator AND the option to decline.

This is how it should be:
Cable vs Wi-Fi (Cable can decline Wi-Fi not)
Cable vs Cable or Wi-Fi vs Wi-Fi (no one can decline)
AND the ultimate option, filter all Wi-Fi warriors and don't waste my time in my searching process
(For Wi-Fi users, this option is not available)

One note, the player base on PC is for sure way more on cable (at least in EU).
The average skill level on PC is also way higher, compared to console.
When I sometimes watch a KL stream on console, the amount of Wi-Fi warriors would really decrease my fun in playing online.

(EDIT: Long delayed patches on PC, decrease my fun to zero, a true hype killer (extra spicy when a new season is running) ... TRASH business model!)

EDIT2:
Wi-Fi is not designed to play fast video games!
- Bart Simpson

Last edited:

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Thread cleaned up. Please keep it civil or temporary bans will be issued to all offending parties. If you are unable to express your opinion without personally insulting someone, stop playing video games and go seek professional help.

Last edited:
The problem with that take is if the Health Nerf was applied because of Sheeva's zoning and people had issues getting in... why did you give Robocop 50 extra health?
Maybe he has crap damage? Has a hard time opening up opponents? Easiest option to give him a chance given it was a hotfix? I don't know, i don't play either character nor know the intricacies of them.

We can speculate and/or whinge about why the changes were made but i'm not sure what that's going to prove.

FWIW, i played a Robocop today, 3 matches and lost every single time to about 20-50hp left. Pre-patch i possibly would have taken those rounds. So as much it might be a cheap fix, at least in my case, it did accomplish what they wanted. I recall reading a few tweets from UltraDavid stating the same about some of his matches as Robocop as well.

Thread cleaned up. Please keep it civil or temporary bans will be issued to all offending parties. If you are unable to express your opinion without personally insulting someone, stop playing video games and go seek professional help.
Can you please post a Robocop .gif every time you hand out an infraction. Please? PLEASE!!!

Ashesfall

"Shit, RoboCop to strong."
- Someday, you will kill me, I feel it :D
---
I am in a good mood, played my first KL games since weeks, always fun, even when I lose :D
(... 12 days for this small fix + no download, still has a bad taste tho ...)