What's new

MK11 one of the most balanced NRS games - Do you agree?

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I've never understood the importance of the lettering of tiers. Saying B is the lowest is meaningless if you have S+ S- S A+ A A- B. The whole point of ties is that one tiers is slightly better than the one above it. If A is your top tier. That's exactly the same as is being called S+++. And if B is the second tier, the difference between A and B is the same as the difference between S and A+. Everyone should just use A, B,C etc. Would be so much simpler
I personally prefer the way older lists were with Top tier, High tier, Mid, lower mid and low. The letter system so to speak I agree is just convoluted imo. S++++++ S++ S- the A, A - etc like what? I exaggerate a little but you get what I'm saying.

A whole bunch of replies so I'm sure my opinion has already been shared but whatever, I'm bored at work.

I do think this is the most balanced NRS game to date. I agree there are still tons of things that need to be tweaked (hit/hurtboxes and KB options namely) and I can understand people that just don't like the game's meta or mechanics. But I think just from a purely competitive balance standpoint, this game is looking incredible.

MKF30

I sure as hell hope NRS dont botch up the Wind God like they did the Thunder God...if they mess up Fujin.. :mad:

Slymind

Noob
Lol, this sentence alone makes it not even worth addressing the rest of this post. "Only 60%" "Well he never did it to me even if it happened to everyone else".

You're talking about a character with a 100% life reset as "Yeah he could literally take your lifebar in a single touch it but it's fine, more balanced than MK11".

"That's gonna do 80% if he doesn't drop it"

Insane :eek:
The fun part is, Cyrax wasn't even the best character in that game.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
Wtf did Cyrax ever win besides one Evo where one of the consistently best NRS players of all time played out of his fucking mind with him?

People need to stop talking about rose-tinted glasses if they’re wearing shit-tinted ones. I see the same variety of characters (or lack thereof) in top 8’s for MK11 each patch as I did with MK9, if not less.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Wtf did Cyrax ever win besides one Evo where one of the consistently best NRS players of all time played out of his fucking mind with him?

People need to stop talking about rose-tinted glasses if they’re wearing shit-tinted ones. I see the same variety of characters (or lack thereof) in top 8’s for MK11 each patch as I did with MK9, if not less.
You need to get yourself some regular glasses apparently. Crimson's post never said anything about Cyrax being tournament dominant. The video was just a showcasing of the insane, broken combos that Cyrax was capable of. THAT was the blatantly obvious and explicitly stated point of Crimson's post.

MK9 was a broken mess. Fun, but extremely broken. Sonya, Cyrax, Kabal, and Kenshi were all ridiculously stupid while the likes of Stryker, Sheeva, and Kano had no reason to basically ever be picked.

Slymind

Noob

Really now. In MK9 it's not only about broken characters, it's about the fact that the vast majority of the roster was virtually "non-existent", some characters felt like they were unfinished. Baraka, Jade, Sindel, Stryker, Rain, Noob, Sheeva etc. the gap between the characters was ridiculous, even in pools early in tournaments you wouldn't see them being picked ever.

In MK11 there isn't a single character even remotely close that state, Raiden is considered bottom tier in this game, and he is still definitely playable. Just even saw him in CGL yesterday, almost beating Tweedy's Frost. Comparing MK9 to MK11 in terms of balance is sheer insanity.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/506270138

MKF30

Balance and such aside I'd still rather play mk 9 simply because it's more fun and that defines what a better game is that's all that matters to.me at least, doesnt have inconsistent gimmicky bs that mk 11 does.

Balance is important but it's also vastly overrated and doesnt matter if the rest of the game has problems which mk 11 does. And Raiden is not viable in mk 11 til he gets buffed. He is not playable in a tourney level setting dont care who uses him otherwise he would have won something by now and look at his pick rate lol. Nobody even picked him in the last tourney....Hes not anymore playable than sheeva was in mk 9, as I recall there was someone who used her very well in tourneys. I dont see anyone use raiden in mk 11 well enough to say "hes playable" sure everyone is playable, but viable? Different story.

Lastly, Cyrax is very, very good but the best in the game? He is not. Kabal, Sonya and KL were vastly better. I'd rather play cyrax 100 times over those guys if given the choice, gell theres vids out there with gloss and waffles beating cyrax, smoke etc with her. Cyrax is obviously top 5 in mk 9. Sheeva is low.

Last edited:

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
mk 9 is a better game that's all that matters by the end of the day because it's more fun and doesnt have inconsistent gimmicky bs that mk 11 does.
MK9 doesn’t have inconsistent gimmicky BS

Johnny Cage f3 variable blockstun
Player 1 hit advantage
Kabal large hitbox near-block infinite
Meter Drain glitch
The smoke shake exploit which literally freezes the enemy character
Choosing Rooftop Day just to make zoning people out easier
etc.
etc.

Come on dude. The more you try to distort the truth about this game, the farther you dig yourself in. It just looks bad at this point.

MKF30

MK9 doesn’t have inconsistent gimmicky BS

Johnny Cage f3 variable blockstun
Player 1 hit advantage
Kabal large hitbox near-block infinite
Meter Drain glitch
The smoke shake exploit which literally freezes the enemy character
Choosing Rooftop Day just to make zoning people out easier
etc.
etc.

Come on dude. The more you try to distort the truth about this game, the farther you dig yourself in. It just looks bad at this point.

I'm not distorting anything, you're distorting what I'm saying lol. You do realize you're making yourself look bad when you attack MK 9(clearly a game more people here prefer to MK 11) and ignoring MK 11's flaws right? Just because MK 11 is "balanced" more than MK 9 doesn't make it a better game, which I'll get to in a second.

Surprised you didnt try to use the toasty bonus lol.

I love how you always cherry pick what I say while if ignoring everything else. So, for the billionth time now...

I never said mk 9 is perfect and pretty sure I've said several times it has flaws but still not as dumb as mk 11s.

P1 isnt enough to kill the game otherwise there'd be no tourneys.

Meter drain glitch, how often does this happen again?

Lol nobody ever picked rooftop vs me just to try to zone me out and I had among the highest games on xbox in that game well over 24000 matches plus on that game. Too many lol. Besides everyone knew to avoid such stage and pick ones less laggy anyway. If it was a tourney, they had their rules set for the best stages.

Again something that's pretty much irrelevant because it rarely happens, played tons of smokes that never happened to me once.

Also the kabal isnt a block infinite youbcan poke out of it if times right, it's no more annoying than jacquis dumb 3rd variation bs where shes safe and gets free pressure. The problem with kabal was his invincibility glitch if anything, but sure he should have been nerfed more. Wont argue there but when you say things like "near block Infinite" makes me wonder just how much you played the game. You are aware other fg have infinites and yet are still fun and or competitive right? Mvc 2? Mk deception? Umk3? KIG? Smash? Etc etc just saying.

It doesnt look bad at all lol dude I know the game as much as anyone of course you never played me so you wouldn't know but you're literally in the minority on here with the mk 9 lowballing. You can deny it but it's pretty obvious all the polls, thread replies prove this. Mk 11 has problems since you seem to have blinders on, allow me to enlighten you on the games flaws. I'll tell you what's inconsistent about mk 11 and keep in mind this is not even everything.

Grinding not worth the trouble for shit you should get but all randomized.

Putting rare skins, gear etc in krypt events that not everyone can get due to you know lives? When they can just let us unlock it at anytime like previous mk games namely mk 9. Alot of people didnt even know about them since they were only up 1 day...seriously?

Horrible wake up system that dont work nearly as well as mk 9s. At least mk 9s they worked lol and didnt charge you 2 bars of meter...

Beyond bad hit and hurt boxes, yes give me mk 9s any day over mk 11s. Thanks.

Pokes and throws are bad in mk 11, again even reo made a video about this confirming mk 9s are better. Throws randomly throw you out of FBs, ducking and other situations where they shouldn't but do.

Game is way too reliant on staggers, jailing, plus moves like your cage and kabal examples but worse in mk 11. Let's see here geras, max, jacqui, cage, kabal, scorpion, liu kang need I go on as to just a few characters that have this nonsense. Point is way more characters have this lame shit that leads to easy pressure or 50 50s unlike mk 9 where this was only an issue with a few characters up close and certainly not from full screen like jacquis dumb 3rd variation.

Krypt glitches?

People losing unlocks?

KL glitches and being a shitty experience between cheaters, desyncs that penalize you when it's not your fault, lag switchers etc not to mention the rewards not worth the aggravation.

I can go on and on.

You can't deny these aren't an issue not to mention the fact that it took them 4 months to patch the damn game and nerf, buff everyone unless you're raiden of course is pretty weak.

I've been playing mk long enough to know bs when I see it, and sorry to tell you mk 11 has lots of it. You can praise mk 11 all you want but it is by no means nrs best game, accept it or dont doesnt really matter to me. In that regard this whole "balance" gig don't mean much to me if the game has other bad elements that holds it back.

Last edited:

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
I think the game is most certainly one of the more balanced and I like a large chunk of the roster to play as. It's certainly a step up from previous titles no doubt.

My two mains, Baraka and Jade have two-three diverse, fun and/or viable variations and it's a different experience playing all of them. I like that NRS released a third variation for Baraka that I actually like that compliments how I like playing rushdown characters.

History is very repetitive with the way new games are treated versus old ones. It's like there's some spell of distortion that alters memories or something.

kcd117

Noob
Balance is not the real issue of the game. In fact, by making every character have literally the same gameplan (strike/throw), it is pretty easy to achieve balance, just give everyone one good mid. The only difference between characters in this game is how much of an idiot some toolsets allow you to be and still win or even be rewarded for playing like a complete maniac. For example, Geras gets his dmg from strike/throw with both throws looping and a -3 mid while he has a 6 frame D1 and U2 and a neutral killer move in sand trap and KBs enough to kill you 5 times. Liu Kang has +frames out of his auto shimmy 7 frame jab, 9 frame mid, every normal he has is a good stagger, dumb projectiles with barely any recovery and KBs for days to strike/throw you to death and ggs. Sonya has pre-patch Deadshot's projectile and mix, autoshimmies and heavy hitter dmg. Cetrion can put up everlasting active frames on screen without getting to know the meaning of recovery frames on her attacks. Some other characters have to rely on their strike/throw alone a bit more bc they don't have as many dumb stuff.

Everyone can follow the simple flowchart of: Jump Kick -> Hit? Combo! / Block? Strike/Throw! -> Worked? Repeat! / No good? D1/FBU2! -> Worked? Repeat! / It didn't? Repeat anyway!

But even in a dry as hell game where the only "depth" you find is in FB and dysfunctional hitboxes NRS is still able to make a character like Geras, and a character like Shao. It is scary how they are able to make moves that are barely functional like Shang's superkick or Kabal's Spin and also make moves as fucking retarded as Frost's divebomb or Geras' sand trap.

Game is balanced, but not bc they made an effort to effectively balance it (moves like those I mentioned before make me think the opposite, like they really try to make this shit crazier and crazier), but bc they managed to handle movement soooo poorly and forgot neutral based games need anti-airs, accidentally making a hella shallow FG where going for the same mixup every time is the most effective way to play it and even a potato can understand the concept of said mixup, as the game takes you by the hand in order to guarantee both you and your dog have enough brain cells to apply it.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
I think the game is most certainly one of the more balanced and I like a large chunk of the roster to play as. It's certainly a step up from previous titles no doubt.

My two mains, Baraka and Jade have two-three diverse, fun and/or viable variations and it's a different experience playing all of them. I like that NRS released a third variation for Baraka that I actually like that compliments how I like playing rushdown characters.

History is very repetitive with the way new games are treated versus old ones. It's like there's some spell of distortion that alters memories or something.
^This.