What's new

MK11 one of the most balanced NRS games - Do you agree?

Agilaz

It has begun
Yes, but only if you look at everybody who's at the point of balance. The top 5-6 are way beyond that cause they pretty much play their own game. I know people like to prioritize buffs over nerfs, but it makes zero sense to buff 20-ish characters when you can just nerf the ones that stand out head and shoulders from the rest.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
It will be balanced if Kung Lao will be anti-airable, there won't be full screen non-trajectory lows and omnipotent mids in the game.
I'd also like the throw and poke situation sanitised.

It may be more balanced than when everyone had an armored launcher but it sure as hell still frustrating as fuck to play.

Reactions: SLy

Slymind

Noob
No dispute.

The only thing that i think they need to change ASAP is fatal blows, i very much disagree with them recharging after use, imo it should be a one time deal, land it, miss it, get interrupted in the first frame and it's gone till the end of the match. Given the nature of some fatal blows, like Jax, Erron, Kabal and Geras, once they have it, you a pretty much psychologically jailed, knowing that it will comeback even if missed is just ridiculous.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
I agree. I wasn't as knowledgeable myself when it came to MK9/IGAU/MKX but during MKX and I2 I payed close attention to the scene and what people were saying and while MK11 does have those few stand out characters it seems pretty balanced when you compare it to the tales of MK9 Cyrax and Kabal. Or launch Tanya, IIRC there was an entire top 8 of Tanyas at one point lol

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
When talking about balance of a game, apparently people only think about how the relations between the characters and the tiers are (won't comment on it since I didn't play the game enough to know all details).

But I think general mechanics should also be taken into account when talking about balance. And in this department, imo, the game fails.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Most balanced, best designed, and easily most fun of all the NRS games in my opinion. The gap between the top and bottom is not anything compared to the prior games' gaps, the core game has minimal gimmicky bullshit, and there's obvious moment-to-moment decision making by both players as opposed to just endless fuckery by whoever is on the offensive (cough MKX garbage cough).

There are, however, still glaring issues with MK11 that should have been addressed by now such as hitbox / hurtbox bullshittery.

Blazeglory88

50/50 Savant - Lore>Gore
Yea most balanced yet...also most bland.
I'd like if more crazy shit wasn't dictated by fancy animations and more by player-character creative combo pathways.

But I gotta admit ECT had me hype as ever for MK11 and the games got a ways to go so my answer might be different come 2 or 3 years at the end of the games development lifespan.

it might be but it's still not saying a lot compared to what we used to have. viability doesn't always mean good. can't take these bad characters and consistently beat good liu kangs or geras. some of y'all act like this game is tekken levels of balance. it's not

Last edited:

RYX

BIG PUSHER
sure, balanced, but it's not nearly as fun as MK9/IGAU were, game doesn't feel like it embraces bullshit enough for a lot of characters to be memorable and I hate the variation system even more than I did in X

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
It needs a little bit of work, but it's getting there. Sure, it's the most balanced NRS game, but it still has some issues before it can be a balanced game, period.

As long as the devs keep working on the game, I'm happy and content.