What's new

MK11 - NRS has given you everything to win in life no more complainings

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Based on previous threads with a list of things, we though NRS would win if they added, here are the requested things

Suggestions of improvement:
Pretty sure there is still a bunch of things NRS could make to improve their gaming engine in the future, here are my left suggestions
  • The AI playstyle simulator can be something to build upon on in future games, specially if are able to play against or, if its able to pick up stats from players.
(Confirmed to be in the game via Stats, you can now give stats to the AI on different features and emulate how they will play improvement from Injustice 2)
  • The Record/playback will surely need an update next game, try to come up with record/playback slots, at least 3 of them with a frequency meter of how often you want them played compared to the rest, and then make them able to record 3 different setups and have them all play at random, this will help blocking and reacting to mixup options, this would also end up the debate of our super human players blocking 18f overheads because it can be telegraphed.
(Confirmed in the game with the last Kombat Kast, MK11 has a record/playback with 4 slots, though 16bit was extremely fast nagivating through it, now you can play multiple setups to defend mixups)

• The in game frame data its something NRS still adds manually, having a script running to count in game frame data can be the next best thing, as long as it register startup, block adv, recovery and such to display them in the command list or to show during an action.
(Confirmed after rewatching Kombat Kast )
  • An alt to this is having a vulnerability script, NRS did this with deception, where they had a bar that would flash red whenever a vulnerability appears, by how many frames would be a true challenge.
(As the above one, still to be confirmed if its in the game or not )
  • Input system refinement, Reducing it or add an option to choose either we want more or less buffer to avoid command normals to accidentally trigger special moves on very specific but crucial situations like coming out of crouch, or while blocking with the directional input held back.
(Confirmed to be in the game with an option to select between longer input window, we believe medium and short, confirmed to have a 3 frame difference between each, use at your own pace)
  • I noticed you guys are really trying with be more diverse specially on tutorials in how certain character plays, just keep doing what you're doing.
  • Specific invulnerability differenciations, Attacks with invincibility are no longer fully invincible only, strike invincible attacks should not be thrown invincible and vice-versa, projectile invincible shouldn't be strike and throw invincible, ground invincibility should't be air invincibility and vice-versa.
(Confirmed in the game, tech roll has strike invincibility and projectile only, but vulnerable to throws, U2 has air invincibility but loses to ground attacks and lacks armor)

With all this, now we just have to wait, and really lab the game, before major complainings on things that don't actually work anyone no matter who that person is, its going to have a hard time come in crying for nerf or buffs because everything to win in the game its in the game, in my honest opinion, this is the first game NRS has made that has the most needed features i always expected them to have on a game and features they should've improved on and boy they did.

+ Competitive players have what they always wanted
+ I have what i always wanted
+ Casuals in need of improvement will have everything they need.
+ New players will lab the game correctly.
+ NRS will probably take a break specially if Frame Data calculator is in the game training mode.
+ Lots of Konfirmed frauds will be exposed more quickly
+ NRS will sucumb less into knee jerk reactions.

If there is anything else to improve it will depend highly on how the game perfoms with these features in, but just knowing they're there now, its going to one hell of a ride labbing any character, so all pros and no cons.

Shootouts to @16 Bit and @colt and any other NRS dev/member who took their time to sink those in once again listen the feeds and dedicate their time to actual put these features in game.
Though we're scavenging info like maniacs here, hopefully the Kombat Kast has a dedicated day for the training mode breakdown.

Last edited:

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
With MK11 I just don't like how you can basically throw out safe armored 40% damage fatal blows, as worse case scenario you just have to wait 6 seconds.

Also maybe dashes could be faster.

I'm not the only one with any of these complaints though, so hopefully they'll listen.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Making them unsafe or super slow to regen so you can only really attempt 2 in a single round (maybe 3 if you pop it super early) both seem like good ideas.

The thing is dosen't a number of games have this same idea? Like Tekken and SoulCal and the strretfighter supers? How exactly is it diffrent?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Making them unsafe or super slow to regen so you can only really attempt 2 in a single round (maybe 3 if you pop it super early) both seem like good ideas.

The thing is dosen't a number of games have this same idea? Like Tekken and SoulCal and the strretfighter supers? How exactly is it diffrent?
Rage art in tekkens have a risk reward theme attached to it.
1. You can only use when in rage once used despite hit or miss, the rage meter goes away.
2. Since they freeze time, they have proprieties, High RA are safe if blocked but can be ducked on reaction and launch punished, Mid RA are unsafe and launch punished if blocked, Low RA are equally unsafe.

The Fatal Blows Recharge when blocked, cannot be reacted to it, are all mid and safe and you can keep trying until it hits, so far it seems to be the most disliked thing in the game.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
We still need different ranks in ranked mode. Single biggest factor a casual can level up is that. They will play people of similar skill and not get bodied and then get discouraged.
Really good idea, NRS says there is still a ton to reveal, hopefully they adressed this as well.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Couldn't agree more. If this game isn't the definitive "we heard you so here you go" title I don't know what is. Nothing but improvements to the gameplay all across the board.

In Tekken, all Rage Arts are unsafe if you throw them out. You can duck the high for full combo punish, and block the mids for full combo punish. This makes them be used mostly as a combo when you have low health, or at times during a clean punish window as a round ender. Fatal Blows as a safe regenerating move is probably the one and only thing I have seen that I am not fond of. I have my fingers crossed that they will hopefully be adjusted.

We still need different ranks in ranked mode. Single biggest factor a casual can level up is that. They will play people of similar skill and not get bodied and then get discouraged.
I'm hoping they do this with ranked. Almost sure that they will. It's kind of "the thing" now with fighting games, players ranking up levels online so I have to believe that it's gonna be revealed during the hype train at some point.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Big difference. You're making a direct claim by saying it -is- something. Your responses most of the time were directed at people speculating.
I'd love to converse about your cognitive bias regarding how wrong I am about the number 42 and all it entails but I'd rather just do something productive with my time. I urge you to do the same.