What's new

MK11 Not Returning as Evo 2020 Mainstage game

Comments

I'm very shocked. What is the reasoning behind this? MK11 Evo 2019 was the biggest NRS tournament in history and they decide to bring back Soul Calibur and Unist wtf.
SC6 was hype and UNIST is just gaining popularity. They make sense, the only one that doesn't make sense is MVC2. I play SC6 though so I'm happy about it coming back.

MVC2 makes it and MK11 doesn’t. Haha wow. I’d be salty if I actually enjoyed watching MK11. I’ll watch Marvel for sure, though.
Marvel is always fun and MVC3 and UMVC3 haven't died because MVCI stinks so it isn't shocking there are still players. I do think snubbing MK11 is legit bullshit.

I think we can handle without being without EVO. Smash ahs done it before. This is a test for us to rally behind our game and tell Wizard we don't need you. But yeah, it seems random these days what gets in as we know numbers don't mean shit as games drawing big numbers have gotten dropped before. I think it's a money game at the end of the day.

Blood and guts aren't great for esports.
thats why it had no last day spot which got shown on tv but still could be a saturday game. entrance numbers cant be the reason but welp...still the option to have it there as a side tournament, thats up to nrs now.

The violence in MK11 is absolutely not the reason it won’t be represented at EVO. Thinking that’s the reason is being ignorant, if that’s what you’re getting at.
Yeah this, most likely NRS didn’t want to pay this year or they have other plans & couldn’t negotiate a deal

you guys dont understand how bad this news is for us players.

For NRS its not a bad news it really doesn't matter ill explain everything.
Im very passionate about video games marketing since 2009 and im currently working in video game marketing.

Alright MK11 is the only game since before mk9 to not make at least two evo.
MK11 not making to evo means less sponsors, visibility less money spent for New contents and less money going to pro players in a way.
You have to understand that MK11 made more money sales wise than any games since before mk9 for NRS. Even overall MK11 is in top 5 best sales of the last year. Even then either WB decided to not push to be at EVO why do you think we got less Majors this year than any other games from NRS ?

Its very bad for us cause i wouldn't have too much hope for a kombat pack 2 for MK11 i wouldn't be surprise if NRS are not already shifting on another game example inj3...

There is sales and Live sales, Live sales are the sales that are made with DLC and MTX. and i can bet my life on it the MTX and DLC sales arent that great. the DLC sales delay between characters are to blame and also the over priced krystals i mean 50$ for 5000 k ? well....
There is many factors of why casuals are not watching MK11 i truly think MK11 is one of the best MK games ever but the SJW shit and lack of consumer first thinking killed this game.

Again sales wise MK11 huge success but now the game will die real soon.

Casualty of evo becoming a marketing event instead of an actual fighting game event.

Get rid of MK, they can bring in more sponsors that wouldn't be there otherwise cause of MK.

Having talked to people in charge of sponsoring FGC events with major brands, MK is not an attractive brand for many advertisers.

Mr Wiz wants more and more money every year by changing the spirit of what evo is, so MK gets cut for more advertising $$$

you guys dont understand how bad this news is for us players.

For NRS its not a bad news it really doesn't matter ill explain everything.
Im very passionate about video games marketing since 2009 and im currently working in video game marketing.

Alright MK11 is the only game since before mk9 to not make at least two evo.
MK11 not making to evo means less sponsors, visibility less money spent for New contents and less money going to pro players in a way.
You have to understand that MK11 made more money sales wise than any games since before mk9 for NRS. Even overall MK11 is in top 5 best sales of the last year. Even then either WB decided to not push to be at EVO why do you think we got less Majors this year than any other games from NRS ?

Its very bad for us cause i wouldn't have too much hope for a kombat pack 2 for MK11 i wouldn't be surprise if NRS are not already shifting on another game example inj3...

There is sales and Live sales, Live sales are the sales that are made with DLC and MTX. and i can bet my life on it the MTX and DLC sales arent that great. the DLC sales delay between characters are to blame and also the over priced krystals i mean 50$ for 5000 k ? well....
There is many factors of why casuals are not watching MK11 i truly think MK11 is one of the best MK games ever but the SJW shit and lack of consumer first thinking killed this game.

Again sales wise MK11 huge success but now the game will die real soon.
Many games have made it out without EVO. You don't need EVO to survive. We have learned that before. Many games are being played despite not being a main EVO game. Don't put too much stock into MK11. We as a community need to rally behind me.

MK11 can survive missing an EVO and making it to next year. But they gotta actually put in work and effort into refreshing the game during KP2. OR you can cut and run to make Injustass 3 like big cowards.

Glad they did and glad they are saving us the trouble of watching this trash on stream. Some of us have said for months that this game is trash, both to play and to watch, and we were scorned. Not gonna gloat but.... go EVO!!!!!