What's new

MK11 Livestream Write-Up

KingKhrystopher

Official Merlin of TYM
The MK Day Official Livestream has ended. Here is a brief recap of everything that happened!

At the very beginning of the stream, we were treated to a trailer of the gameplay for MK1, revealing Skarlet, Sub-Zero, Baraka, Sonya Blade, as well as showing off Liu Kang in a cameo.

Ed Boon took the stage to explain the gameplay for Mortal Kombat 11 as Joshua Gray leaves. He then explains that there are seven characters: Scorpion, Baraka, Geras, Sonya Blade, Raiden, Skarlet, and, obviously, Sub-Zero.

Character Select Screen Courtesy of @Kenshi

Ed Boon then goes on to explain that each character will have 3 pieces of gear that are moddable and have different appearances on them. The AI compatibility returns, and it is revealed that characters will also have customizable Variations, which will be a mix of Injustice 2 moves and Mortal Kombat X Variations. Some Variations will be outright created by the game, and others will be able to be customized by the player by equipping a set amount of pre-made abilities to a variation. Shaders return, giving you the ability to change the colors of the character and make the character look however you want. You can see the Gameplay Trailer here:

After this, Ed Boon shows off a Fatalities Trailer, showcasing many of the different Fatalities that will be present in the game, including Fatalities for characters we haven't seen yet. You can see these here:

Yeah… they’re very badass.

After this, the Story Mode is showed for a short amount of time, which is said to take place immediately after the events of MKX, introducing Evil Raiden and Shinnok. Shinnok is enduring torture from Evil Raiden right before his head is sliced off. We see Shinnok, Raiden, and the new mystery woman in the room, named Kronika. She explains that Raiden’s interference is an issue. To watch it yourself, you can go here:

Ronda Rousey also took the stage to announce that she will be voicing the iconic Sonya Blade, and also explained the effect that Sonya had on her in her life and how she evolved in wrestling. She received her own trailer, which you can see here:

The newest character addition to the roster was also introduced by the name of Geras, and according to Ed Boon, he has a myriad of sand and time powers, and this is evident in his gameplay. His trailer is below:

And lastly, the Mortal Kombat 11 Kollector's Edition was revealed! Purchasing it will grant you a plaque with Scorpion's hood and mask attached! You can see this here:

More will be added as time goes on. Screenshots will also be added.

Last edited:

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Fuck, only 25? That’s a real bummer?

Skarlet is an actual charact now, and fuck I didn’t expect my boy Baraka back but I’m hype.

His fatality looked awesome.

Geras looks kinda meh to me, like he has a lot of potential but the moves and fatality they showed seemed to not be very creative. He has time powers but he’s mostly just brawling.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Is this actually indicative of the final number for SURE, or just a placeholder shadow thing.

Either way I'm just glad Barakabama is back.