What's new

MK11 Kano Discussion

SpiceWeasel

Nothing personal mate!
Does anybody know where i get the 2 new Brutalities?

Can i get them like the Taunts from the normal "Skin or Gear" Rewards in the Towers of Time? Or do i need to wait for the special Kano Tower?

I think she meant Random Gear or Skin Reward in the ToT
Ah thanks.
I don’t think that’s the case for Brutalities; the newer ones seem to be explicitly stated as rewards.

I’ve been keeping a solid eye out for Kano’s to no avail.
2 new brutalities? I knew about the kano ball one, which is the other one?
I’m only aware of the ball brutality, which would take him to 9 total. Has to be an optic blast one soon though.

kantboy-2

Ripper
The 2 taunts you can get from any ToT that has gear or skin rewards. You might have to do 3 or 4 as the game holds out rewards if you play the same characters continuously.

The kano ball is a KL reward; right?

The only brutals I would think he needs are a Chemical Burn/Molotov flesh burn, Optic Blast leaving a big hole in the chest and something for all variations that leads to his 'heart rip fatality pose' from MK1.

And we all know that Kano Ball brutal would make more sense if it was for Vege-mighty only.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
The 2 taunts you can get from any ToT that has gear or skin rewards. You might have to do 3 or 4 as the game holds out rewards if you play the same characters continuously.

The kano ball is a KL reward; right?

The only brutals I would think he needs are a Chemical Burn/Molotov flesh burn, Optic Blast leaving a big hole in the chest and something for all variations that leads to his 'heart rip fatality pose' from MK1.

And we all know that Kano Ball brutal would make more sense if it was for Vege-mighty only.
Yeah, hopefully, we can earn that Kano Ball brutal in the ToTs too. Taunts you can definitely get them from there, where they put a lot of 'boss' towers you can solo I do those on normal then brutal difficulty and you get a lot of stuff.

Popegina

Hymen Holocaust
I'm not sure if this is a known issue, but since the last update, Kano will not do a Fatal Blow when using AI and Orb of the Dragon King. I've changed a couple of his abilities just to see if they were conflicting with combos, since the AI tends to use Fatal Blows at the end of them, but nothing seems to work.

kantboy-2

Ripper
Heads up Dirtbag players; you can't do the new 'Bonzer' brutality if Vege-mighty is active.

Sucks, because that was the perfect pairing for it. Hope they fix that with a patch.

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º
Heads up Dirtbag players; you can't do the new 'Bonzer' brutality if Vege-mighty is active.

Sucks, because that was the perfect pairing for it. Hope they fix that with a patch.
honest punishable on block get hit out of it by fireball version brutality is the only one we deserve :p

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º
didnt know you can actually do specials out of the interactable escape jumps. kano @ 1:11

He is severely lacking toolkit wise compared to the actual good characters in the game.
What's he lacking though? I can keep up with most zoning with the dagger/Kano Ball. He has deceptively long range on a few of his more useful attacks (back+triangle is a big sweeping dagger that a lot of people aren't keeping an eye out for). He has some cheeky overhead attacks when your opponent is getting too wise to your combos and starts blocking low. He has enough effective tools in enough different areas of play to be able to bait effectively and win.

Gaxkang

Banned
What's he lacking though? I can keep up with most zoning with the dagger/Kano Ball. He has deceptively long range on a few of his more useful attacks (back+triangle is a big sweeping dagger that a lot of people aren't keeping an eye out for). He has some cheeky overhead attacks when your opponent is getting too wise to your combos and starts blocking low. He has enough effective tools in enough different areas of play to be able to bait effectively and win.
I feel like he still has to take risks others don't and doesn't have the same level of cheese as some others. And then in the bad online quality, eeek...

he really should have Vegemighty as part of base move list.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
So, I'm back playing this character now that he's actually solid.
What do you all think of v3? I want to like it but it feels redundant with f12 being useless on a good chunk of the cast.

Gaxkang

Banned
So, I'm back playing this character now that he's actually solid.
What do you all think of v3? I want to like it but it feels redundant with f12 being useless on a good chunk of the cast.
I like the projectile more in V3 than the knives in the others. Imagine if Kano had both projectiles, heh.

F1 is the best Kano is gonna get...in V3 he can use it for snakebite.

V1 is good if one is good with the command grab.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
I like the projectile more in V3 than the knives in the others. Imagine if Kano had both projectiles, heh.

F1 is the best Kano is gonna get...in V3 he can use it for snakebite.

V1 is good if one is good with the command grab.
Yeah I know. You just can't really hitconfirm f12 because it doesn't work half the time, and there's no mixups to speak of. Just plain punishes it seems. I played v1 quite a bit pre f1 buff and it was a serious struggle.
Dirtbag seems degenerate af and gets away with murder lol. How can his acid burn be so neegative yet so safe.

How would y’all rank Kano’s tournament-legal Variations based on how good they are? It seems like Ripper > Dirtbag > Ratbag.

Ripper has the command grab and Manhandled string extensions, as well as the most KBs. Dirtbag seems hella busted in the corner, but awful midscreen and little more than a counter-zoner. I can’t see any reason to use Ratbag over Ripper.

Thanks

HiddenSelectCounterPick

Crossplay Username: PlayingNeutral
How would y’all rank Kano’s tournament-legal Variations based on how good they are? It seems like Ripper > Dirtbag > Ratbag.

Ripper has the command grab and Manhandled string extensions, as well as the most KBs. Dirtbag seems hella busted in the corner, but awful midscreen and little more than a counter-zoner. I can’t see any reason to use Ratbag over Ripper.

Thanks
You hit it on the nail pretty much give the cmd grab to all the variations and ratbag takes it.

Last edited:

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
As it stands now I think:

Dirtbag > Ripper > Ratbag

Dirtbag can hit confirm F1 (and B1) vs every character and acid makes it so F12 is more of a risk, making it more versatile than the others. Has ok damage mid screen, easiest to set up throw KBs, very good corner game, good anti zoning.

Ripper is good but has the same issues he's had all the time. He has mids now which is cool but none that need to be respected that much considering F1 and B1 don't give full combos. So you can still crouch and jump for days.

Ratbag has the best combos but damage isn't that great considering how much you lose.

HOWEVER, I would say easiest to play (and maybe win) goes:

Ratbag > Ripper > Dirtbag

Dirtbag is annoying to set up, requires some patience since it has the lowest combo damage and weird ways of getting it. Ripper is pretty easy but a high command grab for a pretty low reward requires a lot of reads. Dirtbag plays the most "normal". String into launching special into oki, repeat.